Alright, so, the thing is, nobody has posted in the RP in about three weeks. About a week since somebody posted in the OOC chat.

This is a bad thing.

This is mostly a shout-out to those of you who's turn it is to post, namely ReViVeD, Vanair, and especially, Arkane. (now outdated; VeD and Ark have posted)

I know that this is the time of year when a lot of us are in school (myself included) and that with school comes homework. I entirely understand; this weekend alone I have two reports to write (really three, but one I can only complete at school) a test to study for, and an art project to finish. I understand what it's like to be busy.

But for three weeks straight?

Have you really not had fifteen minutes spare time to get online and post? Really? I understand all about writer's block, being busy, etc etc but three weeks with no word from any of you as to why you haven't posted is pathetic.

This guild is notorious for deaths. It has gone through several renovations before this one, and in every case it has died. I'm determined to not let this happen to the Blood on the Crown version. Since this is a role-playing guild, that requires the participation of the rest of you and a certain amount of dedication.

I've tried to be nice for a long time. I hate nagging people to post. I hate being a b***h about it. And honestly, if you don't post, what can I do? All I can do is complain to you. Since this is over the internet, there's really nothing I can do to stop you from quitting entirely. But I'd like to think that most of you aren't that cruel. Thing is, almost all of you have essential characters. With a lot of you, if you just decide to quit, that it's not worth it to deal with my bitching and nagging and you can't possibly give up your time maybe once every one or two to post in a roleplay, then this guild will die. Whether it matters very much to you or not, it matters to others in this guild. If you're willing to do that, then there's nothing I can do to stop you.

I don't want to hear reasons why you think people don't post, I don't want to hear suggestions in how to get people to post more often. It all comes down to dedication. This is the Blood on the Crown guild with the Blood on the Crown storyline; if you can't show dedication to one roleplay, adding more will not help. As it stands, the people that need to post are
Alon, Vanair, and Dark_Hedgehog. (I'll update this as people post)

I'm not asking you to post every day. I am asking you to check whenever you've got a free moment. Just get on gaia and take a quick look to see if anyone has posted, and if it's your turn, make a mental note that you need to post within the next week or two. If your dog ran away or your dad died (or whatever other reason) and you really truly will have no way to get online for fifteen minutes and post in two weeks, send me an IM or an e-mail or a PM about why you cannot post, or get someone else to do so for you. I will be more than happy to wait if you're overloaded with homework or are going through a rough patch in your life. I know how it is, I understand, if you let me know I'm happy to wait. Amazingly enough, Dictator Slim can be patient.

If you don't post in a two weeks without giving me an adequate excuse, then I'll send you a message over PMs to remind you to post, and then again after two weeks I will send it to you as a PM, an e-mail, an instant message, any form I can send it to you. All of them at once. And so I will, every week until I get a response.

I feel like a b***h posting this, like I've just taken over a guild and now I'm doing a crappy job of running it by acting like a dictator or something, but look at it from my point of view. I haven't posted since early June, if I recall. I've been in BotC since pretty much the beginning (of the BotC renovation, I mean; not this guild's entire history) and I had some very high hopes for where it was going, as did Hiryu, the founder. My character Cornelius, who I hold very dear as he is a rarity in a character for me, was made for BotC, and so I feel that I cannot use him for anything other than that. If this guild dies, so does he.

If you've read this, I'd appreciate it if you'd make a post in this thread, even if it's just to say you've read it. If anyone doesn't, in a few days I'll probably send out a PM with a link to the thread. Thank you.

Sorry to be a b***h, but it has to be done,
--Slim