Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Blood on the Crown
Under New Management

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was allowing Slim to take over for Hiryu a good idea?
  Yes, she'll do just fine.
  No, Hiryu was just fine as Captain.
  No, someone else should be Captain.
View Results

slimmeroo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:07 am


All right, everyone. For those who haven't heard yet: I am the new Guild Captain. Hiryu has stepped down as the head of the guild and I'm taking his place. We agreed that if we wanted this guild to keep going, then there would need to be more leadership and guidance from the Captain, and I could provide it better than he. If you've got any issues with my taking over, please, let me know. I'm going to do the best I can to lead this guild, and I don't want anyone pissed off at me.

Don't worry, Hiryu hasn't gone anywhere; he's still in the guild, he's just stepped down in leadership, and you shouldn't love him any less for it. I'mna do my best to really get this place going again like it was in the beginning, but I need people who really want to continue. If you're too busy or you've fallen out of favor with the roleplay or the guild, please speak up. If not, then I need you to be able to be committed (I need a thesaurus, I know I use this word far too often).

As I stated before in the OOC, when I say "committed", I don't mean that you have to make a huge post every single day, but at least check back every time you've got a free moment or two and when it's your turn to post, make it a priority and don't just blow off the guild. It's unkind to the other people who are roleplaying, and it's how roleplays die.

The first thing(s) I'm going to do are to make a world map of all the countries and prominent cities and make a thread for new ideas. The remade Ideas Thread will start off with an outline of what Hiryu's original idea was for the basic plot of the RP, and we'll add to it from there according to what you guys think should happen or what you might be planning for your characters along the line.

I've had high hopes for this guild and the story since the beginning, and I really, really want this to work. This guild (in its many forms) has been notorious for several deaths and resurrections since Hiryu started it way back when. I don't want that to happen to BotC. I'll say it again: I will do my absolute best to be a good leader for this guild so that you guys have a good time RPing here and so that it doesn't die.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:48 pm


Just as a pre-warning I'm stating my opinions/concerns just to let you know where I stand. I don't know exactly how I feel yet about all this so bare with me. I am definitely NOT trying to start a fight.

I am shocked the change of guild ownership happened so suddenly without talking to the other Vice captains at least before it happened. I know Hiryu has been a little lax lately but he's done a good job in the guild before so I can't say he's been a bad Captain.

As for you Slim, I don't know what to think at the moment. I was frustrated at first because I know there are other members in the guild who've been here for a very long time and know most of the members very well and just using the post log as an example you haven't been here as long and you haven't been as 'active' as many other members.

I haven't voted in the pole yet because I don't know how I feel about you being Captain. I'm not going to rally against you because I don't know how you'll do and the same way goes for the positive. I say for now you should be captain since Hiryu gave lots of serious thought into the decision (or at least I'm hoping he did) and he chose you so that says something towards your abilities.

I do think the guild captain should be impartial as much as possible and I know Hiryu had always done his best to keep everyone happy. Hopefully you can do the same in his footsteps.

If in the event that I do along the road feel the need to voice an opinion about your leadership I will. I'm not doing this out of spite but out of concern. To be honest when I first heard the guild had changed ownership I was right ******** pissed but it's not my guild, not my decision. We're all here to do the same thing: to have fun.

If you do need help with anything feel free to ask and just as you've voiced here how if anyone has concerns or questions they should ask I'm offering the same to you. If you feel someone's not posting enough, there's conflict among members, perhaps a problem in a plot or the frequency of role playing or even if someone's not feeling involved it should be discussed with that person or the guild. If we don't communicate properly people will become offended over nothing and the only conclusion to that will be conflict.

Hope I've made myself clear for now.
Good Luck as Captain Slim, hope you do well.

Vanair
Vice Captain


Arkane
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:02 pm


I'm going to sit in the neutral seat cause I really don't know what a guild captain is good for... >> If you ask me I don't think there should be rank. There should be one person with booting powers, put only so long as everyone else agrees that said person should be booted... eh, it's not like that though.

Never the less, lets not abuse our guild captain powers to harass Ark. Kay?
Reply
Blood on the Crown

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//