Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
o.o +50 respect points! Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluecherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:02 am


That lady deserved a good tip. 3nodding I wish she was around here, because it would be worth paying for haircuts to show support for intelligence.....and getting a decent hair cut. My mom cuts my hair all the time, and poorly gonk (I stopped getting hair cuts a few years ago because it always looked worse ofter she cut it. I now allow only the rarest of trims to ensure the staving off of split ends sweatdrop )
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:37 am


Those people are awesome.

They remind me of a priest I met once, when a friend of mine was studying to get into the Catholic faith (I forget what those classes are called.) Anyway, I went with her for moral support, and one time I asked the priest what he thought of people who didn't have children, and didn't marry (because the topic at the time was about marriage and children.)

He said that he believed parenting and marriage was a calling just like the priesthood, and that just like the priesthood not everyone was called to it. It made them no lesser of people, it just meant that they were meant to do something else. He went on to say that he found it silly how society today pressures the majority of people into believing that they have to have one or both in order to lead a happy life.

I'm by no means Catholic, but if everyone in that faith thought like him I would've been very tempted to convert.

holybullet


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:32 am


holybullet
Those people are awesome.

They remind me of a priest I met once, when a friend of mine was studying to get into the Catholic faith (I forget what those classes are called.) Anyway, I went with her for moral support, and one time I asked the priest what he thought of people who didn't have children, and didn't marry (because the topic at the time was about marriage and children.)

He said that he believed parenting and marriage was a calling just like the priesthood, and that just like the priesthood not everyone was called to it. It made them no lesser of people, it just meant that they were meant to do something else. He went on to say that he found it silly how society today pressures the majority of people into believing that they have to have one or both in order to lead a happy life.

I'm by no means Catholic, but if everyone in that faith thought like him I would've been very tempted to convert.
sweatdrop that is AWESOME and all... but I would keep who he is a secret. I mean religious people are supposed to support birthing. Because more babies means more followers in the future. You will find that he is a diamond in the rough.

But that is still uber cool of him.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:54 am


that last sentence-" He went on to say that he found it silly how society today pressures the majority of people into believing that they have to have one or both in order to lead a happy life." I wish all people would have cross their minds at some point.

bluecherry


holybullet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:22 am


XenoReiji
sweatdrop that is AWESOME and all... but I would keep who he is a secret. I mean religious people are supposed to support birthing. Because more babies means more followers in the future. You will find that he is a diamond in the rough.

But that is still uber cool of him.


Hehe, probably a good thing I don't remember his name then. Though he was brave enough to say this in front of the class he was teaching, so.. And yeah, he is pretty rare. I haven't found many priests, or preachers for that matter, who would say the same, and I really hope that he himself doesn't give into pressure to change his mind.

bluecherry
that last sentence-" He went on to say that he found it silly how society today pressures the majority of people into believing that they have to have one or both in order to lead a happy life." I wish all people would have cross their minds at some point.


I wish so too. I don't know about everyone else, but it would make my life a lot easier. And probably their's too, but I'm of the opinion that questioning everything makes one a stronger person.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:27 am


holybullet
XenoReiji
sweatdrop that is AWESOME and all... but I would keep who he is a secret. I mean religious people are supposed to support birthing. Because more babies means more followers in the future. You will find that he is a diamond in the rough.

But that is still uber cool of him.


Hehe, probably a good thing I don't remember his name then. Though he was brave enough to say this in front of the class he was teaching, so.. And yeah, he is pretty rare. I haven't found many priests, or preachers for that matter, who would say the same, and I really hope that he himself doesn't give into pressure to change his mind.
I think I need to go harass some priests now... it has been a while since I had a good debate lol

XenoReiji
Vice Captain

Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//