Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Entertainment
Book Thread Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joe?
  Like... Coffee?
  Like... Samoa?
  Like... Blacksmith?
  lyke, who cares? i dun reed!
View Results

Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:26 pm


...I read Dr. Faustus in one day, maybe two hours. OH. EM. F'ING. GEE. I love it to death!! I wish I was cool like Faustus! What a delimma! Knowledge or church? Social critisism has never been more apparent in anything I've read before.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:04 pm


most current book I read was Frankenstein...XDDDD I'll just leave it at that.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:13 pm


It reminded me of Hunchback so much.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:59 pm


As I have not read Hunchback I can't really say much to that. I'm currently reading about 8 books at once. I keep doing that, I'll go to read a book, then get another one, until I can't even pick which to read first.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:23 pm


You need a more one-tracked mind.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:41 pm


ah, but you say I have a one-track mind all the time. XD

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:42 pm


That's different. DX
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:08 pm


Yeah, but I'll eventually read them all. most currently I'm reading Gone With the Wind I can see why it's considered one of the most popular books ever written. and I'm only 95 pages in.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:50 pm


Eh, I have no intrest from what I've heard of it. I'll stick with some good ole Robert Louis Stevenson. Re-reading Treasure Island and it is better second time around. (Also re-reading Lolita...)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 pm


I hated Treasure Island! but then, I read it in 5th grade. And it was after I was in the musical, which was better. cause there was singing. and island natives. As I was one of them, I was rather ticked when there weren't any in the book. XD

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:48 am


I don't remember when I read it, but I do remember enjoying it. Switched to Phantom though because I found out I own it. XD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm


finished my book for my english project...yup, so that's why i'm online now...mr.P, the only reason I'm sitting here listening to lame lobby music rather than I dunno, being at the beach or something...I probably won't be on till after I'm back, so I'll talk to you guys then...oh and yeah, the weather down here is awesome. XD oh...so back on topic, the book was ok, I just don't want to write a paper on it.

Mrs_BananaMan


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:58 pm


Great Expectations was actually good! Dickens didn't fail me a second time! X3 Pip was cool, but Joe... Ah, he was great!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:52 pm


Did you read that for Pokey? I read Of Mice and Men for my project and the ending actually almost made me think about crying.

TripJumper


Chisato-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm


Yeah... I dragged my feet the whole way through, whines, complained, bashed Dickens, and then had to step back and eat my words. DX

Why did so many people read that? 'Cause it was short? Anyway, I would never choose to read it again. I liked Lennie... D< b***h had it comin'!
Reply
Entertainment

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//