Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
[PRP] Another unfriendly meeting? Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twiddle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:45 pm


Hamaki had no idea what to do about this female so close to her. Her first reaction was to growl at her warningly, but she just couldn't manage to do it. With a sigh, and a slight smile, she laid down beside the other and let herself be nuzzled.

"I hope you're right." She said looking into the water once more. It was strange to see herself with another dog, but not completely unwelcome. She wondered if she could ever live a normal life. Perhaps after she took her revenge on the lioness that ripped her childhood from her.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:25 pm


Thrilled that she had not just been shooed away, or worse, openly attacked as she may have feared and she snuggled up to the older dark female licking her once affectionately under the chin. It was nice to have some companionship once more, it had been so long since she'd shared a friendly moment of any sort that she didn't want to waste it, or hurt it in any way.

"Can I ask you what your story is, Hamaki, or would you rather not say?" She asked softly, laying her head across her paws and turning her face to look up at the other. Lesehla could tell easily that Hamaki's past still hurt her, perhaps even more than her own seemed to sting all the time.

Aryess


Twiddle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:23 am


Hamaki looked at her, watching her for a long moment. She was calculating whether or not to tell this other of her past. She had shared her memory very few times, but she thought perhaps this young one needed to hear her story.

"Alright." She said softly, looking at her reflection in the water. She couldn't bring herself to look directly at the other female as she told it. "I was young, very young. Barely able to talk. My seven brothers and sisters, my mom and dad and I made eleven. One day we were all outside our den, and a huge lioness came into our land. My parents told the puppies to go inside, but the lioness was already attacking. She killed my siblings first, and my parents attacked her with all thier might. But they were killed as well. She got me, that's why I have these scars, but I was pushed into the den and she forgot about me. When she was done she left without regret, and she didn't even kill them to get food. Just for sport. I was alone after that, and have been ever since."
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:59 pm


"For so long? But, how? Why would anyone leave a pup on their own like that? You... you never looked for anybody to take care of you while you grew? I... I can't even imagine it. That's so..." Lesehla trailed off a moment, leaving the rapid string of shocked words hanging in the air, but couldn't seem to find a better word to fit the empty, heartbroken feeling associated with the black dog's past. "It's ...sad, Hamaki. It's so terribly unjust." With a soft attempt at a comforting whine she lay her head across the other's shoulders.

If she had thought her own recent past was tragic... at least she knew that most of her family was still alive, and probably doing well enough on their own. There was still hope for them at the very least. How could Hamaki have stood it, all that time on her own? It was no wonder she had a bit of a gruff exterior.

Aryess


Twiddle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:32 am


Hamaki remained silent, laying her head on her paws. She sighed heavily and nodded slightly to the others words. "Yes, I know. I've been trying to get my revenge on that lion ever since." She said, sighing once more. "But I've had absolutely no luck in finding her. All I can go by is what I remember she looked like, and her smell. She smelled like death, that much I know."

With yet another heavy sigh, Hamaki closed her eyes and lay there silent. She didn't know what else to say. There really wasn't anything to say. She just waited for Lesehla to speak.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:09 pm


Shifting slightly, Lesehla snuggled a little closer, not quite sure what to say. It was a touchy subject, vengeance. Still, she was confused, if she should speak her mind on it or not. Sighing quietly she frowned slightly. "Do you really think pursuing revenge your entire life was time well spent?" She asked softly, "Don't you think... that maybe, just maybe, your family would be happier for you, the one that survived, if you could make yourself a new happy life? I don't think they'd have wanted you to be unhappy for so long..." She supposed it was true of her family as well, she wanted the surviving memeber of her family to be happy, and she assumed that they felt the same way. After all, families cared about each other, and each others happiness was pinnacle.

Aryess


Twiddle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 am


Hamaki opened her eyes, looking at the other with an expression of surprise. "I... never really thought about it like that." She said softly, her voice wavering and unsure. "I suppsoe you're right, but I've been trying to get revenge for so long... I don't know how to live a normal life." She sighed heavily once more, her mind now racing with thoughts. Perhaps Lesehla was right. Perhaps she should quit the quest and just live her life. But she had already spent so many years looking for the lioness, and she still felt that familiar burning sensation in her heart. She knew that it would not go away until the Goddess was dead, or at least until Hamaki confronted her.

Shaking her head slightly, Hamaki shut her eyes once more. "I don't know what to do." She said in a whisper so low her own ears could barely hear her.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:46 am


"I don't know either..." Lesehla said with a snuffly sigh. "I suppose you'll have to follow your heart. If it tells you that revenge is still the right course of action for you to take, then do it. Who am I to tell you how to live your life? I just can't help but worry. About everyone..."

The tri-coloured wild dog was uncertain about everything right now. It was terrible to know somebody was in so much pain, and that they had been hurting for so long. She was sure that Hamaki was having an immense amount of trouble deciding for herself what she needed to do, and Lesehla felt terribly guilty adding to the confusion, but she wanted to know that her new friend would be happy, whatever course of action she chose to pursue.

Aryess


Twiddle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:13 am


Hamaki gave a weak smile. "I suppose you're right. I don't really know what I'll do yet. I suppose I'll just try to live my life as normally as I can, and if I come across any news about that lioness, I'll follow that path once more." She nodded to herself, thinking this plan was sounding good.

"Thank you for speaking with me, Lesehla. I haven't had someone to talk to for a very, very long time." She gave her new friend, a friend, how odd that sounded, a bright smile before setting her head back down and closing her eyes. The things she had thought about had exhausted her, and she felt much safer than she normally did with another around. She missed that feeling. She sighed, but it was a happy sigh, and started to drift into the world of dreams. Perhaps her life would be more simple there.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:35 pm


"I enjoyed speaking with you too Hamaki. Things seem... a little clearer maybe. And, maybe a little less unfriendly." She chuckled quietly and snuggled a little closer to the other dog, stifling a yawn. Lesehla wasn't entirely sure what she would do come morning, but it wasn't of great concern to her at the moment.

For now she would sleep, perhaps worry-free for the first time in a long time. The presence of the other older female was comforting, a feeling she had greatly missed in the last few months on her own. Well, life would go on, that much she was certain of at least. Soon she was sound asleep, safe and much happier that she had been in quite a while.

Aryess

Reply
.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//