|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 pm
I'm gonna go with the stance that most people have taken, as long as you're mature about it, why not?
I've gotta agree with adabyron on the fact that you are basically skipping from friends to committed.
Where are you going to live? Are both of you okay with that? How will your friends/families/etc. feel about that? When you relocate, where will the othe one work? etc. etc.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:44 pm
Online relationships... been through one serious deal, but it never really made it. It's hard to find someone who's mature and patient these days... o_o
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:35 pm
The first person I was madly in love with was online. Unfortunately, when I went to college I ******** stuff up with us.
Internet relationships are extremely hard, especially if you have pretty good luck dating offline. This is going to sound horribly stereotypical, but from what I've noticed, the people who have the best luck in online relationships are the people who can't find people offline. sweatdrop
I've noticed that if people are generally good with finding people for dating offline that they tend to not be very good in online relationships. Distance/online relationships hold a certain vacancy in comparison to offline relationships.
But the feelings can be just as strong, I can assure you.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:03 am
Aleda The first person I was madly in love with was online. Unfortunately, when I went to college I ******** stuff up with us. Internet relationships are extremely hard, especially if you have pretty good luck dating offline. This is going to sound horribly stereotypical, but from what I've noticed, the people who have the best luck in online relationships are the people who can't find people offline. sweatdrop I've noticed that if people are generally good with finding people for dating offline that they tend to not be very good in online relationships. Distance/online relationships hold a certain vacancy in comparison to offline relationships. But the feelings can be just as strong, I can assure you. oh ok... thank you so much for the advice and tips guys and gals. I would really take time to think about these things that you've said, first and foremost before really indulging (LOL) into a really not-so-sure relationship that might not really be good or for real at all. Anyways, I'll try to keep you up to date on what's happening to me and this guy. LOL Thanks again!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm
Unless there is a possibility that you will spend time physically together there really is no point. How will you ever go to the 'next level' or determine what that level is? Are you willing to move or is he to continue the relationship?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:11 pm
I totally believe online relationships can work, I know two very happy couples who met online within MMORPGs and got married a year or two later. Both of the couples are still together and very happy from what I can tell.
I actually fell in love with one of the women who got married, but that's another story. sad
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:58 pm
i've had a few, they can work i guess if your commited, but personally to me, it's better to be able to see the person face to face, because none of my online relatonships worked.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:01 am
I seriously doubt that they work considering that you'd never get to see that person and if you two do meet up somewhere there's no guarantee that you'll have the time to really get to know each other.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 pm
My mother found her new husband online. What do I think of him? She could have done better, then again she could have done a lot worse. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there are plenty of available persons right in your back yard. If you want fantasy then sure have fanstasy, just don't expect everything to be knights and princesses when you go out on that first date. I've met many people online, and I can tell you from experience you've got a 50-50 chance of meeting a real looser. What does that tell you? Hate to be the pessimist on this one but I'd rather you have your feelings hurt now then spend months in dream land. Good luck finding your true love.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:38 pm
I know someone who just married someone they met online too. He lived on the other side of the U.S., but he moved here to marry her and got a job. If you know what eachother look like and you have a lot in common than it could work. But if all you've done is type then you could be "in love" with someone's 80 year old grandfather or someone with 400 lbs on their bones and a pizza face. Be careful when "falling in love" online, it's a plastic box, not a window into someone's soul, real life is always better. I had some naughty thoughts towards a few people I chatted with on the internet and it was fun, but not real and in the end a BIG waste of time and energy.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:44 pm
thanks guys i didn't know i'd receive lots of reactions and advices on this one. and don't worry coz i'll definitely use my head here instead of be persuaded with all the words ppl online say at me. thanks again! 3nodding
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 am
People are a lot more open to online relationships now than they used to be. I was in high school when I had my initial experience and everyone found it absurd. After high school I've gone pretty much offline with dating but I don't mind trying online dating again now that I'm single. It all really depends on the person's level of self security in my opinion. If you have too many inhibitions or are not serious enough to do it, then don't. You'll hurt someone just as bad online than offline. People don't think about that sometimes and get the common misconception that the internet can be more of a game than real life. It's pretty much the same thing, just a different venue.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 am
I met my bf on the internet and I am convinced we will always stay together <3 I had never met anyone before who would fit so perfectly together with me and whom I would love so much and feel so loved with. We started just as email friends but eventually it became more as we were seeing how close we were mentally and emotionally, and we agreed to be serious with our relationship. That was in October 2006. And this year in the end of May, finally after all the chats, emails, phone talking and letters, he came in my country and we spent some wonderful days together. Now he's back home and got a work and tries to save as much as possible for our future. We plan that I'll come there after I finish my uni. And then eventually we'll maybe move in some another country, possibly in Europe. Not sure where yet. Anyway our relationship has grown a lot stronger during time. He's a blessing and I wouldn't change him for anything in the world.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|