Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:02 pm


PlatinumYoukai
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
ElvenPrincess
willowtree
I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't think it's going to be anything like the original, which is one of my favorite movies. The preview looks very Tim Burton-esque.


I want to see it, but they made johnny depp look gay.


I'll admit ther is definitely a creepiness factor to him, but I think that's just goes along with the wackiness of Tim Burton. I think it'll fit right in.


but he looks gay. I hate to admit it I don't think that he looks hot in this movie. and he's one of the hottest actors out there.


Depp said in an interview he was going for a cross between children's show host (i.e. Captain Kanagaroo or Mr. Rogers) and a game show host. He went for the melodical, surrealistic aura of children's show hosts and the outrageousness of the game show hosts. But in the end, it's all a mask....


...and I thin he accomplished that very well. It was very surreal and child-like. (I saw the Michael Jackson in him also, though xp )

I was worried I wouldn't like the new one, being such a fan of the original; I liked it a lot, though. It was an almost completely different movie.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:45 pm


I love that movie. it's one of my favorites.

I_Love_Willy_Wonka


ElvenPrincess977
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:50 pm


I_Love_Willy_Wonka
I love that movie. it's one of my favorites.


That's one of my favorite's too  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:31 am


I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD November 8th biggrin

Goofy_Goober87


blond_babe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:59 pm


i like tha first one more
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:33 pm


Goofy_Goober87
I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD November 8th biggrin

neither can i!! blaugh

[The_Amazing_Chocolatier]


Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,900 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:41 am


I've seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 2 times and I absolutely love it. Johnny Depp did really well with the acting as usual. It just kind of bothers me when people complain about how a character looks because it's not the actual person, the stuff they wear makes the character.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:42 am


I comes out November 8th!? EEEEEEE!!!!! That's sooner than I thought, I am more excited than I was about the DVD coming out. It's coming out so soon.

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,900 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

smile4carla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:27 am


I thought the movie was great! I loved it and I can't wait to buy it on DVD lol.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:17 pm


oooh, i can't wait!! November 8th!!! YES!!! I saw the movie 7 times and i loved it!!! It was so hilarious!!!

Arwen_Evenstar07


Yamna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:19 am


I like the fresh new look. It's not as black or dark as Tim Burton's normal Movies. Yet "BIG FISH" was pretty, and nice (Lots of vivid things) 3nodding heart

-I have been a animation drawing blob, and haven't seen the movie yet.
(I've been too consumed in anime. ^__-) heart wink
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:19 am


I've never seen "Big Fish" but I heard it was really good. I may have to rent it. smile

smile4carla


BlueDude#2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:22 pm


I loved that movie. To me, I think it was a lot better than the orginal. And it was like the book. Overall rating- mrgreen
mrgreen = 10/10
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:18 pm


On par wioth the original, which is saying something because Gene Wilder's proformance was one of the classics in hollywood.

But lets face it, in both the lead was the movie. THe story is secondary to the profrmances of Depp and Wilder. So it is a matter of tase, between two iof the finest hollywood has ever seen.

240sxforever


willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:59 pm


blond_babe
i like tha first one more


As do I.
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//