Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dragonball Z
ATTENTION: Saiyan Saga 'redubbed' ISN'T UNCUT!! Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonlight293

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:31 pm


I agree that the small amount of times that I have watched the japanese version (due to limited access and spac on the computer) that I do really like it better than Funi's, but I did fall in love with the voices of the American dub. If they dubbed it PROPERLY it would be better cool Well, that's what I think anyway.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:49 am


You have a very excellent, well-put point. I can't believe that they censored most things. Too bad they censored the language. gonk

Hakushika


Hakushika

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:18 am


Then again, you can't put in explicit language on national television. gonk
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:34 am


Unfortunately for me, I have limited income and can't afford to go out and buy the DBZ dvds to see the uncut version, so the best I have is the English dub of it (at least, I would have that if YTV would bring it back on the air. *sigh*).

Since there aren't any decent comic book stores around here, my ability to read the manga lies with Shonen Jump, and they stopped printing DBZ in it some time ago.

Guess I'm pretty much screwed, huh? sweatdrop

Anyway, I did get to see the first season of DBZ in French before, on TQS. Even though I'm nowhere near fluent in the language so I can't judge the script, it looked like the anime was left uncut, which was a huge surprise to me since that was the first time I had ever seen uncut DBZ.

After first seeing Piccolo use the Makkankosappo against Goku and Raditz, I swear my eyes bugged out and my jaw dropped. All I could think was, 'What the Hell?!? I never saw this before!"

Makes me glad that I have what little I have of the manga, so I can enjoy that.
Especially with the first graphic novel.

Of course, because of that graphic novel, I won't watch the first few episodes of the English Dragonball dub, since I find it childish and grossly edited compared to the manga. gonk


Mysterious Brett


High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:48 am


Yami Mirai
Unfortunately for me, I have limited income and can't afford to go out and buy the DBZ dvds to see the uncut version, so the best I have is the English dub of it (at least, I would have that if YTV would bring it back on the air. *sigh*).

Since there aren't any decent comic book stores around here, my ability to read the manga lies with Shonen Jump, and they stopped printing DBZ in it some time ago.

Guess I'm pretty much screwed, huh? sweatdrop

Anyway, I did get to see the first season of DBZ in French before, on TQS. Even though I'm nowhere near fluent in the language so I can't judge the script, it looked like the anime was left uncut, which was a huge surprise to me since that was the first time I had ever seen uncut DBZ.

After first seeing Piccolo use the Makkankosappo against Goku and Raditz, I swear my eyes bugged out and my jaw dropped. All I could think was, 'What the Hell?!? I never saw this before!"

Makes me glad that I have what little I have of the manga, so I can enjoy that.
Especially with the first graphic novel.

Of course, because of that graphic novel, I won't watch the first few episodes of the English Dragonball dub, since I find it childish and grossly edited compared to the manga. gonk


That's sad to hear. I can't believe they stopped giving out DragonBall over there? That's ridiculous? Buuuut of course, when having no money, there is ooone way of still being able to see the japanese version... I'm not giving ANY links, 'cause it's against the TOS, but I can give you one hint: Bittorrent.

I hope no angry mob will chase me now XD
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:58 am


MikoBura

That's sad to hear. I can't believe they stopped giving out DragonBall over there? That's ridiculous? Buuuut of course, when having no money, there is ooone way of still being able to see the japanese version... I'm not giving ANY links, 'cause it's against the TOS, but I can give you one hint: Bittorrent.

I hope no angry mob will chase me now XD


xd

If they do, I'll fend them off.


Mysterious Brett


High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

StripedBunnyShoes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:30 am


You always know what's right and what's worng. biggrin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:22 am


MikoBura
Just thought I'd say it again. I've heard that Cartoon Network is gonna air those redubbed episodes, which are supposed to be 'uncut' and they even shout to everyone; "How DBZ was meant to be seen".

This is COMPLETE bullshit!


Some time ago I watched he first episode myself, because I was curious. I also saw the first episode in japanese, english subbed by Anime HQ.

I've made an editorial/review about it, and just read it. I've watched all three versions:

Censored, dubbed by Ocean Studios
'Uncut' redubbed by FUNimation
Japanese, fansubbed.

So please read my editorial/review, and I hope I can convince you to watch the JAPANESE DBZ. Because that TRUELY is how DBZ is meant to be seen. This isn't uncut at all.

(Sorry for my poor english smile

Quote:
The episode begins with strange monk music! The narrator starts talking; He tells that after Goku had beaten King Piccolo (hey, isn't that what FUNi called Piccolo's FATHER?!) 5 years have passed. The narrator continues. "It's a time of rebuilding..." What exactly needs to be rebuild? As far as I know only the Tenkaichi Budoukai stadium was destroyed. He also says a lot of other crap, which is actually quite stupid since in the original you didn't hear anything. In any case, I continue watching. As I hear the music it becomes clear to me that they'd fired Bruce Faulconer. The title screen. Very cool and stylish appears the title in japanese, AND english! But since I can't read kanji I have no clue what it says. The title in english is 'A new threat.' This doesn't look like the real episode name at all, namely A Sheltered Boy: My Name is Gohan. Unless Gohan's the new 'threat', of course.

The episode begins. We hear ChiChi call for Gohan. She sounds kinda mad. And there's constantly music playing like we're used to by the FUNimation dub. We see Goku. I noticed that Sean Schemmel is trying really hard to sound like the Goku done by Ocean studios. The dialogue is also exactly the same as the Saiyan saga where they've cutted all sorts of stuff out! Finally, it's time! Instead of that ChiChi says that all the worrying is gonna give her wrinkles, she says; "I'm gonna worry myself to DEATH." Wow, the first forbidden word is out, people.

The legendary farmer comes on screen, and he is smoking! But oh, it's too early to celebrate. The screen may be uncut, but when it comes to dialogues... This man has the most horrible voice ever. This voice actor tries to do an Texas accent, but unfortunately for him the voice of Ocean was better. Example of FUNI: "This job is bigger than I thoughTTTHHH." It doesn't even sound like a Texas accent. Pretty sad that I, a person from the Netherlands, noticed that. You're never gonna believe this, but FUNi still has this: Farmer: "Better bring my pea-shooter!" If this is so 'uncut', why don't they say 'My gun'?! This isn't any different at all from the Ocean version, very bad FUNi. Brr, the sentence "I'll be darned" is also still left in. I don't have a clue why they even DARE calling this uncut. Well, Raditz comes out of his spaceship. You immediately hear 'cool' techno music. Also this voice actor tries to imitate Ocean's Raditz , and they did such a terrible job, like he tries it without using his tongue. When he says "Kakarot has failed us", it sounds like he's the terminator. He could've done a better job as #16. At this point I think the censored version of Ocean Studios is a lot better, but of course nothing can match the original japanese version.

Gohan comes on screen, his voice doesn't go with his cute appearance at all. Even if this Gohan is done by a woman,his voice is too heavy compared to his japanese one. I also miss Gohan's super cute theme that he has in the japanese version. We can hear the first dumb joke, when Gohan tries to climb a tree: "Hey, are you sure there's not an elevator on this thing?" Haha. There are also moments when Gohan says nothing, but FUNi did let him say something. Especially when Gohan cries, you hear that terrible voice. Couldn't FUNi hire another woman for this?

In the commercial part they threw in some dumb music. In this version Raditz isn't surprised that the people on Earth are still alive, like in the japanese one. He only says "Miserable little vermin". Also the conversation between Piccolo and Raditz is exactly the same as in the old english version. I already mentioned Raditz' horrible voice, didn't I? Muahaha, they did instead of 'Watch the birdie' now 'Double Sunday', like in the Budokai games. In the japanese one the attack doesn't have a name, just so you know. Raditz also immediatly says that 'Kakarot' and himself are Saiyans! Normally you find this out the same time as Goku does, but FUNi apparantly found it neccesary to enlighten us about that right now. The narrator also says "Who is this mysterious Saiyan warrior." Like everyone already knows what Saiyans are. I wouldn't be surprised if they called Piccolo a 'Namek' within a few episodes, hehe. The narrator also says; "And Goku will discover the secrets of his past". This sentence only gives too much away. How are we supposed to know that Raditz' meant Goku with 'Kakarot'? Weird FUNi.

My opinion? This is terrible. To keep it simple, this is a must for the dubbies, but for the people who love the real DBZ, will watch in horror, like I did.


I got the following from the official DragonBall Z site, for the english dub.

Quote:
His mission: To survey the damage and destruction his sibling should have leveled against planet Earth.


Uhm, Goku's mission on Earth is to kill all the people that live on Earth. NOT to destroy it.

Quote:
Raditz begins to carry out the work his brother could never bring himself to do.


Eh? He DEMANDS Goku to kill 100 people, and lay their bodies next to Kame House the next day. Or he'll kill Gohan. He doesn't go kill the Earthlings himself? @@;

Quote:
Piccolo knows that the intergalactic mercenary has come for one thing: Total domination of planet Earth.


Again: The Saiyajin's purpose for being on Earth is to kill the civilians. NOT destroy the world!

Quote:
Piccolo knows that in order to protect his new home world he must do the unthinkable: Join forces with Goku!


PROTECT?! As you know, Piccolo's dream is to rule the world, like his father did (for 2 hours or so blaugh ) , the reason he fights along Goku is because, if the Saiyajin kill everyone and put the planet for sale, he can't exactly rule it anymore.

NOT TO PROTECT HIS NEW HOME?! gonk

Also, did you hear that theme song? If we want DBZ the way it was supposed to be seen, GIVE US THE CHA LA HEAD CHA LA AND ZENKAI POWER!!



I'll bet that some of you will ignore this completely. But I know that true fans would listen to me. FUNi KILLS the real DragonBall Z. Even TOEI said they would go to someone else if they knew what FUNi would did to it.

So please, want the real DBZ? Watch the japanese! And don't whine to me about it not being on TV, because FUNi DOES (thank GOD) put it on the DVD's.

it is uncut if you watch in in spanish luckaly for me i watch it in spanish and they have the inchala song and the name of the first epesoid in sapnish was "a minni goku appers and his names gohan" or something like that 3nodding but that is only if you have the dvd cause it bring jappanesse and english and spanish

drunken ninja45


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:07 am


dbzx

it is uncut if you watch in in spanish luckaly for me i watch it in spanish and they have the inchala song and the name of the first epesoid in sapnish was "a minni goku appers and his names gohan" or something like that 3nodding but that is only if you have the dvd cause it bring jappanesse and english and spanish


I know, but I'm talking about the FUNi re-dub :p
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:28 pm


im not a member of this guild, but id like to be. Just thought I'd also point out that this was only VISUALLY UNCUT. meaning they didnt cut blood, or other suggestive scenes. thank you for your time, and I hope i can be an active part of this guild.

Mac Smith


drunken ninja45

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:58 pm


MikoBura
dbzx

it is uncut if you watch in in spanish luckaly for me i watch it in spanish and they have the inchala song and the name of the first epesoid in sapnish was "a minni goku appers and his names gohan" or something like that 3nodding but that is only if you have the dvd cause it bring jappanesse and english and spanish


I know, but I'm talking about the FUNi re-dub :p


i thought the spanish was also funimation aswell ..well i do appologize 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:35 pm


Just imagine if 4kids got it, their names would be George, Brian and Stanly, along with their good friend Mr. Green. sweatdrop

Saiyajin-Neko

Magnetic Phantom

9,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moxie_Lass_Trish

Magical Girl

3,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:24 pm


Saiyajin-Neko
Just imagine if 4kids got it, their names would be George, Brian and Stanly, along with their good friend Mr. Green. sweatdrop


What a scary thought sorry for barging in like that but i'm not a member but I might request to join.
Reply
Dragonball Z

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//