Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Hollywood Guild
Comparing Harry Potter Books to the Movies Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:48 am


ElvenPrincess
I really dislike the movies, but of course I have to have them all just because they are harry potter. The movies really get on my nerves. I'd much rather pick up one of the books and read them pop in the movie.


Then wouldn't it be better to not have the movies? It seems almost like a waste of money if you dislike them that much... o_o;
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:28 am


Super Nova Star Dust
ElvenPrincess
I really dislike the movies, but of course I have to have them all just because they are harry potter. The movies really get on my nerves. I'd much rather pick up one of the books and read them pop in the movie.


Then wouldn't it be better to not have the movies? It seems almost like a waste of money if you dislike them that much... o_o;


Well said.

PlatinumYoukai


Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:53 am


PlatinumYoukai
Super Nova Star Dust
ElvenPrincess
I really dislike the movies, but of course I have to have them all just because they are harry potter. The movies really get on my nerves. I'd much rather pick up one of the books and read them pop in the movie.


Then wouldn't it be better to not have the movies? It seems almost like a waste of money if you dislike them that much... o_o;


Well said.


Well.... Maybe if she has kids and those kids don't like reading she'll make them watch the movies and after they watch the movies they'll want to read the books?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:11 pm


I don't really think it's a fair comparison. I would rather sit down with one of the books at any time. I'm a huge fan of the whole Potter world, but not a big fan of the movies.

willowtree
Captain


ElvenPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:26 pm


willowtree
I don't really think it's a fair comparison. I would rather sit down with one of the books at any time. I'm a huge fan of the whole Potter world, but not a big fan of the movies.


Me too but you already knew that.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:24 am


Nefarious_Cult_Maker
Books>Movies

the end.


lol. I agree whole-heartedly.

I'm not a fan of the movies; I've yet to see PoA.

willowtree
Captain


Super Nova Star Dust

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:19 am


I didn't see Remus as the actor they gave him in the movie. But that actor did a good job of the part. 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:44 am


Super Nova Star Dust
I didn't see Remus as the actor they gave him in the movie. But that actor did a good job of the part. 3nodding


I swear I will see it one day! rofl

willowtree
Captain


LiamsGirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:39 pm


i absolutely love the Harry Potter movies, but i was upset when i saw the third one because it wasn't nearly as good as the first two. but now i like it more than i originally did! it does bug me a little that the movies aren't exactly like the books but i understand that you can't fit all the info from the books in a movie that's only 2 and half hours long. so i love the movies for what they are! biggrin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:59 am


That is a wonderful way to view things. 3nodding

Super Nova Star Dust


queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:48 pm


ninja
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:44 am


Who is looking foreward to the next movie?! whee

Super Nova Star Dust


ElvenPrincess977
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:20 pm


Super Nova Star Dust
Who is looking foreward to the next movie?! whee


I think that it looks like it's going to be a good movie. But I'm looking way more foward for the 7th book to come out.
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:10 pm


I think the reason that the films didn't cut it for me was because I was too invested in my own idea of the Potter world when the first movie was released. I discovered the books long before. I think that everyone will agree that when reading a book, they generate their own pictures and ideas of how everything and everyone looks. (For example, although I know that all the Weasleys are red-headed, I still picture Ron and Percy having darker hair, almost like Harry's. I know it's incorrect, but I can't help it.) To see someone make things look a completely different way makes it a little irksome for me. Does that make sense?

willowtree
Captain


Shylah Cerdwyn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:21 am


For me I will always have some sort of gripe when it comes to the Harry Potter movies versus the books. The books will always be so much better. But, I will say that I think I am one of the few that thought that POA was actually my favorite Harry Potter movie so far, even if they did leave out a lot. Maybe it's the sheer fact that Sirius Black and Remus Lupin are in these movies, and played by rather talented actors if you ask me. Especially Gary Oldman.
Reply
The Hollywood Guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//