Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dragonball Z
Uncut...not uncut at all. Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:43 am


Sango2006
i just hate dubbed up stuf it makes the anime especially DBZ look lame. i think funimation does the worse job ever!


biggrin !
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:36 am


thats beyond unfair cry ............. gonk .....well atleast we can see the original on dvd , um i have a question what abou the uncut epesoids you know the new that they are selling ?

drunken ninja45


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:00 am


dbzx
thats beyond unfair cry ............. gonk .....well atleast we can see the original on dvd , um i have a question what abou the uncut epesoids you know the new that they are selling ?



SAME! I have to type my stupid answer twice now thanks to Gaia and some dork I'm talking to:

NO, not UNCUT at all! Still the dialogues are stupid and not like the real version at all! I even made a editorial about it but I haven't translated that to english yet.

Small sample:

Old english dub:
Krillin: "It's times like this when I say to myself: why didn'tI become a shoe salesman?" crying

New english dub:
Krillin: "This stinks! I'm too young to go! And I even never had a girlfriend!" crying

Japanese:
Kuririn: "I don't want to die! I'm still a virgin!" crying (Something like that, it's a while I last saw that episode)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:45 pm


MikoBura
dbzx
thats beyond unfair cry ............. gonk .....well atleast we can see the original on dvd , um i have a question what abou the uncut epesoids you know the new that they are selling ?



SAME! I have to type my stupid answer twice now thanks to Gaia and some dork I'm talking to:

NO, not UNCUT at all! Still the dialogues are stupid and not like the real version at all! I even made a editorial about it but I haven't translated that to english yet.

Small sample:

Old english dub:
Krillin: "It's times like this when I say to myself: why didn'tI become a shoe salesman?" crying

New english dub:
Krillin: "This stinks! I'm too young to go! And I even never had a girlfriend!" crying

Japanese:
Kuririn: "I don't want to die! I'm still a virgin!" crying (Something like that, it's a while I last saw that episode)

its not like you had to answer , but i asked because they said it was the real thing is all no need for name calling stare

drunken ninja45


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:56 pm


dbzx
MikoBura
dbzx
thats beyond unfair cry ............. gonk .....well atleast we can see the original on dvd , um i have a question what abou the uncut epesoids you know the new that they are selling ?



SAME! I have to type my stupid answer twice now thanks to Gaia and some dork I'm talking to:

NO, not UNCUT at all! Still the dialogues are stupid and not like the real version at all! I even made a editorial about it but I haven't translated that to english yet.

Small sample:

Old english dub:
Krillin: "It's times like this when I say to myself: why didn'tI become a shoe salesman?" crying

New english dub:
Krillin: "This stinks! I'm too young to go! And I even never had a girlfriend!" crying

Japanese:
Kuririn: "I don't want to die! I'm still a virgin!" crying (Something like that, it's a while I last saw that episode)

its not like you had to answer , but i asked because they said it was the real thing is all no need for name calling stare


I didn't mean YOU. I meant someone I know from my MSN messenger. Why the hell would I start calling you names? O_o

I was having an arguement with someone while I was typing that. So please, don't assume I mean you guys. If I really would do such things, I would hate myself really bad by now.

I feel really bad now! UGH! WHY DIDN'T I SAY I MEANT MSN!

*feels stupid, retarted and a total moron*
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:00 pm


MikoBura
dbzx
MikoBura
dbzx
thats beyond unfair cry ............. gonk .....well atleast we can see the original on dvd , um i have a question what abou the uncut epesoids you know the new that they are selling ?



SAME! I have to type my stupid answer twice now thanks to Gaia and some dork I'm talking to:

NO, not UNCUT at all! Still the dialogues are stupid and not like the real version at all! I even made a editorial about it but I haven't translated that to english yet.

Small sample:

Old english dub:
Krillin: "It's times like this when I say to myself: why didn'tI become a shoe salesman?" crying

New english dub:
Krillin: "This stinks! I'm too young to go! And I even never had a girlfriend!" crying

Japanese:
Kuririn: "I don't want to die! I'm still a virgin!" crying (Something like that, it's a while I last saw that episode)

its not like you had to answer , but i asked because they said it was the real thing is all no need for name calling stare


I didn't mean YOU. I meant someone I know from my MSN messenger. Why the hell would I start calling you names? O_o

I was having an arguement with someone while I was typing that. So please, don't assume I mean you guys. If I really would do such things, I would hate myself really bad by now.

I feel really bad now! UGH! WHY DIDN'T I SAY I MEANT MSN!

*feels stupid, retarted and a total moron*

oh i see , so its all a misundrestanding , good hope we can let bygones be bygones
please dont fell bad

drunken ninja45


MikoBura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:06 am


Sorry for my over-reaction, I thought you'd feel bad sad Sorry again.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:57 am


MikoBura
Quote:
The Dragon Ball Z Case

In one of the latest cases, fans of Funimation's Dragon Ball Z (DBZ) series have been talking about the producer's definition of "Uncut" in forums and websites all over the Net.

Fans who've seen the original Japanese version complain that the dialogue in the "Uncut" versions is not a true translation of the series, but instead the language has been downgraded and replaced with modern day slang. Other fans have complained that some of DBZ's more bloody scenes have ended up on the cutting room floor. So if the show has been edited, then why is Funimation calling their DBZ uncut?

When I spoke with Funimation on this subject, I was informed that the company has levels of "Uncut". For instance, when the company first receives their material for DBZ, they immediately go to work to trimming the content to make the show fall under the guidelines for PG-13. Funimation stated that very little actual cutting is done to accomplish this stage, but that there is some. Next, they translate the script and "Americanize" the dialog to appeal to US audiences (and this is just for the subtitled version!). After Funimation finally dubs the show, they call this their "Uncut" version.

Of course we're not done quite yet. To make the show even more family friendly, and allow it to be shown on Cartoon Network's Toonami Block, they make further changes.

Now for most fans, the end result is still really cool. However, many fans (after all fan is actually short for fanatic!) want to see every little scrap there ever was of the show and are disappointed with the end results.


Click here for the full story

I kinda hate it that the USA is so...PG13. Here in the Netherlands we have a anime called Crayon Shin Chan, about a kid who always uses bad words and dances nude. o.o; But still we got the butchered DBZ. And when you buy the DVD, you'll buy it for uncut of course. Which isn't so uncut after all.

What are your opionions about this?

That really stinks. I guess the only way of seeing the real stuff is by learning Jap. and watching the Jap. version.

Chaos Gadget

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

drunken ninja45

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:49 pm


MikoBura
Sorry for my over-reaction, I thought you'd feel bad sad Sorry again.

its okay , i did feel bad but when you said you were'nt talking tto me i felt better , thanks for telling me and realy its okay
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:54 pm


What if I buy a GT or Z DVD and you know it usually includes the jap. version with eng. subtitles. Is that the original uncut footage?

Chaos Gadget

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Day_dreamer_3173_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:33 am


Not fair.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:02 am


The oly real reason they calli it uncut is because theyshow like a little more blood than before it relly sucks

pancha313


narutosensei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:18 am


Saiyan X
What if I buy a GT or Z DVD and you know it usually includes the jap. version with eng. subtitles. Is that the original uncut footage?

yep. but the dub is exactle the same as the one that you see on TV with no swearing and lame dialogue.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:43 am


Saiyan X
What if I buy a GT or Z DVD and you know it usually includes the jap. version with eng. subtitles. Is that the original uncut footage?
3nodding

Kamikalo


Chaos Gadget

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:46 am


Kamikalo
Saiyan X
What if I buy a GT or Z DVD and you know it usually includes the jap. version with eng. subtitles. Is that the original uncut footage?
3nodding

Yeah, that's what I thought to.
Reply
Dragonball Z

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//