Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Things change sooo fast... feeling old Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do your friends tell you to have kids?
yes
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
no
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14


AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:36 pm


XenoReiji
Hullo Smiley
would if I could but I cant.... there are rules about that here...

1. only if you have kids
2. you have to have at least one of each type first
3. six months of councelling I believe..... crying

so I dont qualify
GOD WHERE DO YOU LIVE????


No s**t! What sort of bass-ackwards place is this? gonk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:02 pm


Wherever you are- leave. now. fast. The friends are awful closeminded people, the doctors aren't being strictly medical advisors but trying to run your life- this is bad. gonk

hmm......maybe instead of an "I eat babies" pin, I could put it more bluntly "I'm a cannibal."

bluecherry


Soppon
Crew

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:44 pm


Soulwreckage
Nalgene? *Headscratch*

Nalgene bottles are these water bottles that are virtually indestructable. You can run over them with a car and the bottle is fine. Only way to break them is by filling them completely with water and dropping them off a high building or shooting them.

They also don't make the water taste like plastic like 99% of other water bottles do. They're all the rage here in Saskatoon. xd
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:23 pm


bluecherry
Wherever you are- leave. now. fast. The friends are awful closeminded people, the doctors aren't being strictly medical advisors but trying to run your life- this is bad. gonk

hmm......maybe instead of an "I eat babies" pin, I could put it more bluntly "I'm a cannibal."
I still like mine "I break for what I can see" But people won't take it seriously even if you put "I am a Cannibal" because these days Cannabalism is just a joke.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


bluecherry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:22 pm


dang over use of canibalism as a joke. scream Yours is good though indeed.

well, is"convicted child molester" any more effective then eating them? Humor and disbelief really make it hard to appaul people any more.......
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:23 pm


bluecherry
dang over use of canibalism as a joke. scream Yours is good though indeed.

well, is"convicted child molester" any more effective then eating them? Humor and disbelief really make it hard to appaul people any more.......
Hmmm... not sure if "convicted child molestor" will work... it could go either way.

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


bluecherry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:38 am


...... gonk

you know what, I give up, these people are too thick headed for any form of the message to get through, they'd tell a serial killer they'd be a wonderful parent.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 am


bluecherry
...... gonk

you know what, I give up, these people are too thick headed for any form of the message to get through, they'd tell a serial killer they'd be a wonderful parent.
Yeah, I know what you mean..... no one listens to my anti-children speeches anymore...

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:01 pm


Angelic Celestia
XenoReiji
Hullo Smiley
would if I could but I cant.... there are rules about that here...

1. only if you have kids
2. you have to have at least one of each type first
3. six months of councelling I believe..... crying

so I dont qualify
GOD WHERE DO YOU LIVE????


No s**t! What sort of bass-ackwards place is this? gonk


I've heard it's like that in a lot of places. Many doctors refuse to perform tubal ligation because of the risk that the patient may change their mind. Some doctors will do it, but a lot have requirements such as the patient having to be a certain age or have a certain number of kids.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:32 pm


Sleepy Snake
Angelic Celestia
XenoReiji
Hullo Smiley
would if I could but I cant.... there are rules about that here...

1. only if you have kids
2. you have to have at least one of each type first
3. six months of councelling I believe..... crying

so I dont qualify
GOD WHERE DO YOU LIVE????


No s**t! What sort of bass-ackwards place is this? gonk


I've heard it's like that in a lot of places. Many doctors refuse to perform tubal ligation because of the risk that the patient may change their mind. Some doctors will do it, but a lot have requirements such as the patient having to be a certain age or have a certain number of kids.
WHAT.... well I guess I can understand... but who are they to care?

XenoReiji
Vice Captain


xenerayx

Versatile Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:00 pm


cool Eye [ hart ] my Nalgene.

It seems a little odd that within a year all of your friends are partnered AND have shat out little piles of...shat. And what the hell is with it being the in thing now for celebs to have babies/twins? gonk They're all insane I tell you, INSANE. Luckily I'm too cool to associate with people of the lower class 'I want children' bunch. cool The majority of my friends are childfree, and the one who isn't is a closet homosexual whose one encounter with a woman left him with his three year old daughter. Poor thing...

But yes. I would be crushed if all of a sudden all of my friends got married and had sprats. Talk about being ditched/being the third wheel. It's even worse that they diss you. When they asked me what was wrong with me, I'd look at them googely eyed and say, "WHAT? WTF's WRONG WITH YOU?!"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:48 am


Soppon
I haven't even hit 20s yet. >.o

My friends have all gotten to the dreadful age where they're like "OMG! I don't want kids. BUT ZOMG! I'll change my mind later in life because kids are the cute and I love kids!" Fabulous...

They like to tell me "You'd be the perfect mother, Stacey!" a lot. I should carry my Nalgene bottle more often. It's great for conditioning people.


Oooooh another Stacey *waves*

Yeah - I'm 21 and have been told since I 'came out' (that's how it felt like to me! In fact coming out wasn't nearly as hard....) as being CF that I'll change my mind and all that crap - mostly by my friends.

The black girl in my siggie is my best mate - she's one of the worst offenders purely because I know I could convince her to be CF if only she sat down and actually thought about why she 'wants' kids. Her half - sister had a kid about 2/3 years ago now and she's hated him since day one! All the 'but they're so cute' went straight outta the window as soon as she had to put up with a screaming brat in her own house rofl
When I asked her about her conflicting views she just said she wouldn't talk to me on this subject anymore coz it caused arguments!
One thing's for sure, my house is gonna be the child-free haven for all my friends when we're older!

Edit: is anyone else planning to have their house totally child-free? As in it's a house rule that no kids can come inside? I'm planning to have fragile stuff like TVs, books and a few dogs in my house and I do not want them broken/torn/drooled on.

Foxglow


XenoReiji
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:16 pm


gonk I just heard the news that one of my classmates is having twins....... I feel so bad for him because he is so poor and stressed out.

This guy is a fantastic guy.... I feel bad for him everytime I see that pic of his first child on his computer desktop..... He is incredibly poor because he is a full-time student on top of being a full-time worker coupled with his parenting.... I mean he has a wife but I know she is not bringing in my money and won't be working soon... I know he can barely afford to pay for his tuition... I fear he is going to drop out with the ones on the way.....

He did not seem to enjoy me calling his kids leechs and telling him tha tI am not sorry about him prolonging his suffering through reproducing.... people at this school are so closed minded.... mainly because ALOT of the people I know are new parents (people with children between the ages of 0 and 10) All of them refuse to see what they are missing in life....

So sad.... I thought college was a place of enlightenment....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:43 pm


Dang...I was hoping college would be better than that. My highschool is just AWFUL- no, my whole town- for teen pregnancy and parenting. Our county has the highest rate of it in the state I think. It's really bad. I swear about a third of the girls around here have kids. There's a 6th grade girl pregnant over in the middle school even. Now, I understand accidents happen, things mess up and don't always work-- but this is rediculous. And it really confounds me they almost all keep them. On the morning announcements they actually announce all the time that Wik (wick?) comes to the school, so people will no longer be excused for wik appointments. (wik, its this thing for girls that are pregnant or have kids to give them financial aid and stuff.) I had hoped a few states would be enough distance from the issue, that people in college SHOULD be smarter than that....and there goes my dream. crying oh well.

bluecherry


Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:28 am


Sorry been offline a while... but I live in Australia and I know they cant do the surgery here as I have a female friend with 4 daughters and another one with 6 and neither is able to get their tubes tied in case they decide later they would like a son...

On top of this our government currently pays women 6 thousand dollars the minute a child is born in order to promote families as we are not maintaining our population... now that is twisted... specially as it costs more than 6 thousand to raise a child
Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//