Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply General Discussions..
Rob Pattinson Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:51 pm


OMG!!!! *squee*

Sorry I know this is an Edward as played by Rob thread, but I have been losing sleep (not literally, but I have been following this so closely. I freakin LOVE Taylor as Jacob) over whether or not Taylor would keep getting to play Jacob - and they just confirmed he can:



Taylor Lautner will be back to morph into the monstrous Jacob Black in the "Twilight" sequel "New Moon."

There had been talk that a bigger, buffer, more menacing actor might play the role when the second of Stephenie Meyer's hugely successful vampire novels hits movie screens come Nov. 20. Lautner, by comparison, appears lean and sweet-faced in part one. But distributor Summit Entertainment and director Chris Weitz confirmed Wednesday that Lautner would be returning.

Stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson will also be returning as the saga's doomed young lovers, high schooler Bella Swan and brooding vampire Edward Cullen.

Catherine Hardwicke's "Twilight" opened at No. 1 with a whopping $69.6 million at the box office in November, the biggest opening ever for a female director. It has since grossed about $177 million domestically.




((P.S., anyone know where a good Twilight RP is? I really wanna do Rosalie.))
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:48 pm


And aside from the sparkling, to me, Meyer's description of her characters was like a n00b trying to explain how god-modingly superpowerful and completely un-kill-able their character is. I mean honestly, you have to cut 'em up in tiny little pieces, or on the case of weres, chomp 'em up in pieces and then burn the pieces so they can't squiggle together and reform?

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Cass Halloway
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:29 am


Gabriel_Alex
And aside from the sparkling, to me, Meyer's description of her characters was like a n00b trying to explain how god-modingly superpowerful and completely un-kill-able their character is. I mean honestly, you have to cut 'em up in tiny little pieces, or on the case of weres, chomp 'em up in pieces and then burn the pieces so they can't squiggle together and reform?


Agreed. The level of destruction to kill them was over the top. Again, this goes back to the whole "not real Vampires" thing. I can actually handle that they can be outside and not burn up. Not all Vampire mythologies make them burn up in the sun. The sparkling in the sun though, that's way over the top.

She, overall, is a terrible author. She did improve as the books went, but still, overall she is a poor author. She borders on some great ideas though. The Volteri could be a series in and of itself. They were amazing. James, Victoria, and Laurent probably had some great stories too. She did not roll with the good stuff, she minimized it.

One of the huge things that made her books suck was that it almost feels like the entire series was written as one big abstinance propeganda. Edward not sleeping with her until they were married is a huge theme. (NOT that I encourage being a tramp! I'm just saying it felt very preachy to me.)

Bella is ~this~ close to being a highschool drop out so she can run off with a man. She lies to her parents constantly. She sneaks Edward in every night (but notice how it is always clean and never sex). She uses Jacob and does it knowingly. She is so psychotic to hear Edwards voice in her head that she nearly kills herself several times just to hear it! I could go on and on and on.. but I won't.

Again, I am not being a poser. I read every word in all 4 books. I was addicted like a fat kid to cake. I just know the books were absolute crap. Funny enough - I would read them again!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 am


Yeah the sparkling and ripping and burning the pieces was too much I do agree.

The Volteri story would be a cool way to keep the series going. But who would be the hero of that one? All from Aro's point of view maybe. I think one on Carlisle would be nice. Show how the family came together and their back stories. I still think one featuring Jasper and Alice's stories would be great too. Especially cool if she set it up like the fourth book. Start it in Jazz's pov then go to Alice and back to Jazz. That I would buy.

I totaly get what you mean about Edward being abusive, though I don't really think she ment it that way. But you did make me realize what it was about Bella that kept me from really liking her. She reminds me of another book (though I hate this one) that I completely disagree with the praise of strength the main female gets. That's a whole other rant though.

Anyway, besides sex, she also seemed to be very preoccupied with drugs didn't she? 'You're my own brade of heroine', Bella saying she was addicted to him then Jacob, numerous times. Jacob being her crutch while she recovered, saying she was going to La Push to get her fix. On and on with the drug references. So much so that I'm not sure if it was an anti drug statement or pro drug propaganda.

Aluxis


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 pm


Aluxis
Yeah the sparkling and ripping and burning the pieces was too much I do agree.

The Volteri story would be a cool way to keep the series going. But who would be the hero of that one? All from Aro's point of view maybe. I think one on Carlisle would be nice. Show how the family came together and their back stories. I still think one featuring Jasper and Alice's stories would be great too. Especially cool if she set it up like the fourth book. Start it in Jazz's pov then go to Alice and back to Jazz. That I would buy.

I totaly get what you mean about Edward being abusive, though I don't really think she ment it that way. But you did make me realize what it was about Bella that kept me from really liking her. She reminds me of another book (though I hate this one) that I completely disagree with the praise of strength the main female gets. That's a whole other rant though.

Anyway, besides sex, she also seemed to be very preoccupied with drugs didn't she? 'You're my own brade of heroine', Bella saying she was addicted to him then Jacob, numerous times. Jacob being her crutch while she recovered, saying she was going to La Push to get her fix. On and on with the drug references. So much so that I'm not sure if it was an anti drug statement or pro drug propaganda.



I had not even considered that angle. Thanks for pointing that out! I think it was anti-drug. Maybe a "find something else to be your drug". Oh wait, I can see it now "Bella, my anti-drug" or whatever. *laughs*
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:32 pm


Well they've announced that they're keeping Taylor as Jacob. Personaly I think this is a bad idea. I know it's what a lot of the fans wanted but you can't let fans pick your cast. This makes me believe more that they're only interested in money and not a making a quality movie. stare

Aluxis


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:23 pm


Aluxis
Well they've announced that they're keeping Taylor as Jacob. Personaly I think this is a bad idea. I know it's what a lot of the fans wanted but you can't let fans pick your cast. This makes me believe more that they're only interested in money and not a making a quality movie. stare


Team Jacob is very divided on this issue - and passionately so!

I have to say that Taylor is my personal choice. I think he was the very definition of Jacob in book 1. I know he looks young to pull off the "new" Jacob that happens. However, with that being said, I believe in him because that boy is doing everything in his power to pull this off. He has already gained 19 pounds and has promised another 10 by the time they start shooting. With camera angles for height (ala Lord of the Rings style) they can do this. As long as Taylor gets his face all manly through expression, i think he can do it. I mean.. one of my fav Twilight lines is in the next movie and if he blows it - I'll die. I am staying supportive of him, but I am not a blind fan. If he screws it up - I will be the first one to say so. *crosses fingers*

You'll find I am not a blind fan Lux. I am a Keanu Reeves fan with every breath of my fiber.. to a nearly obsessive point... but I know when he sucks and when he doesnt. So I keep the standards the same on any of my celeb crushes, or artists who sing, etc.

I can definitely see why you are worried about him as what i call "Jacob #2". I respect that. He could easily blow it - I just have faith he wont.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:08 pm


Oh, I totaly agree that Taylor was exactly as I pictured Jacob to be in Twilight. He was so perfect and cute that I just wanted to squeeze him. I just have reservations about him being able to physically fit the look that needs to be achieved. I know he's been working really hard since the wrap of Twilight and I totaly applaud him for that. I hope he can pull it off because I really don't like to replace characters. That's one thing I love about the ones that make the Harry Potter films. All the originals are still playing their parts. Anyway, if he does do a good job I'll be the first to admit it after. You did bring up a good point about the camera angles, I hadn't thought of that.

I know what you mean about getting slightly obsessed with your favorite acters. I'm that way with Johnny Depp. However much I love him and Tim Burton though, I had to admit that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was not their best work.......at all.

Aluxis


Aluxis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 pm


Ok Yume, I have to half conceed that Taylor maybe ok as Jake. Someone recently showed me these picts of him all buffed up where he's been working out and I will admit that with the added muscles and camera angles it might work out. I still reserve judgment til I see New Moon though. wink


User Image
User Image


I will admit that the boy is looking good though blaugh
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 pm


*Looks at Lux's pictures* .............. burning_eyes

Cass Halloway
Crew


Jedi Master Yume

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:17 pm


Aluxis
Ok Yume, I have to half conceed that Taylor maybe ok as Jake. Someone recently showed me these picts of him all buffed up where he's been working out and I will admit that with the added muscles and camera angles it might work out. I still reserve judgment til I see New Moon though. wink


User Image
User Image


I will admit that the boy is looking good though blaugh


*dies a thousand tiny deaths*
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:03 pm


I know. Don't you just want to reach out and stroke those abs?

Aluxis


Mia de Benedetti
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:00 pm


Oh my... redface redface redface redface redface
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:43 pm


Kinda makes you hope the other werewolves are hitting the gym too huh? xd

Aluxis


Cass Halloway
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:41 pm


This Rob forum became a Taylor forum. *giggle*

Sorry Mia!
Reply
General Discussions..

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//