Welcome to Gaia! ::


Slinky Systems is hereby CLOSED due to the fact that I'm leaving Gaia. See profile for details.

User Image


Welcome to Slinky Systems, the solution for high traffic minishops. Here we sell customized order systems to help you manage your minishop. Our systems are perfect for minishops that sell custom or standardized items. You don't have to have a huge minishop to be able to afford one of our standard systems, and we are available for custom orders to fill special needs.


-- News --


4/14/2007
The price of the Standard Minishop System has been reduced to 10,000g. Whoot!

-- Index --


1st Post -- Introduction & News
2nd Post -- Guidelines & Info
3rd Post -- Standard Minishop System
4th Post -- Customization Options
5th Post -- Custom Systems from Scratch
6th Post -- Links & Affiliates
7th Post -- Reserved
8th Post -- Reserved
-- Guidelines --


The following are rules regarding this shop's services. Please read these rules before ordering.

1: We will NOT make systems for banks. This is because many banks are scams in disguise, and we do not wish to assist scammers. After I affiliated my bank with one that turned out to be a scam, I am no longer going to affiliate myself with any banks except the one I created - the Reserve Bank of Gaia. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

2: We will NOT make exceptions, cuts in line, etc. Orders are first come first serve only. Custom systems from scratch take a long time to fulfill, so please keep this in mind when ordering.


-- Staff --


Kitsuta - Admin/Owner


-- Events --


No events currently.
-- Standard Minishop System --


The standard minishop system includes:

o Automated ordering system using PHP and a MySQL database -- Allows your customers to easily order your items.

o Easy to use, password protected management site -- Allows you to review and change your customers' orders as you complete them. Also allows you to change the items you offer for sale so you can switch out seasonal items.

o Free hosting of the system and the accompanying database.

o Free bug fixes and security updates -- If for some reason I find a bug or a way to make the admin site more secure, I will PM you and offer you a free upgrade. These upgrades are painless and transparent. You can also PM me if you find a bug or security hole in the system.

o Customize anytime -- If, after ordering and receiving the standard system, you decide you want to customize it, you can do so for the standard additional fees.

o Free password changes -- If you would like to change the password to the admin side of your site, PM me and I will change it for free. smile

o Free name tweak -- If your shop name ever changes, you can PM me and I will change the shop name that shows up on order confirmation. 3nodding


-- Samples --


You can view and play with the sample order and edit pages to your liking. Your pages will appear and work just like the sample, with one free tweak - your shop name is placed in the confirmation page in place of "(YOUR SHOP HERE)".

Order Page - Your customers use this to order your items.

Edit Page - This is where you manage your customer's orders. You can also add new items to sell. 3nodding In a real order system, this page would be password protected.


-- To Order --


Without any additional tweaks, the price for the Standard Minishop System is 10,000g. Although that may seem very expensive, remember that ordering systems last as long as YOU do - and if you shut a shop down, you can move your ordering system to the new one.

Ironically enough, I will not be using my own system for ordering, unless for some reason this shop becomes high traffic enough to justify it. To order the Standard System without any tweaks, please post that you'd like to order to system and send me a trade for 10,000g.

Please remember to include your shop name in either your post or your trade so I can include it in your order. You'll also need to PM me the password(NOT your Gaia password) you want to use. When I am done, I will complete the trade and PM you the URL.


-- Customers Served --


None yet!
-- Customization Options --


You may find that you have special needs for your shop that the standard minishop system does not quite fulfill. In this case, you may customize your order. Keep in mind that the more advanced customizations will take a considerable amount of time to implement.

-- Options and Pricing --


The following are the categories of customization you may get. Remember that these prices are what you add to the original price of the Standard Minishop System.

Basic Options -- These are very easy to implement and very cheap. They should be sufficient for most superficial differences in shops, such as ordering options. They are 250g to 500g each.

Advanced Options -- These are more difficult to implement, and thus more expensive. They also vary in price depending on the complexity of the change. They range from 1,000g to 5,000g in price.

Premium Options -- These are the most difficult to implement and vary the most in price. They are rarely needed and range from 7,000g to 15,000g in price.

Design Options -- These are purely superficial(but advanced) options for customizing your system and styling it how you want to. Price range varies from 1,000g to 3,000g depending on complexity and whether or not graphics are provided.

-- Customers Served --


Sight Beyond - Order Page
-- Custom Systems from Scratch --


Custom systems are by far the most expensive systems. These are designed from the ground up to your specifications. However, this is a lengthy process, so keep that in mind when ordering. Custom orders include:

o 1 MySQL database.

o Customer oriented website designed to your specifications.

o Admin oriented website designed to your specifications.

o Code includes PHP/MySQL, Javascript, and HTML/CSS.


-- Samples --


Below are some samples of custom systems.

RBG Website -- A custom built site for The Reserve Bank of Gaia. Customers can check their account's status from this page. The admin side of the site is password protected, but you can view a screenshot here. Keep in mind we do not make websites for banks.


-- To Order --


Because of the vast range of complexity in a custom system, there is no set price range. However, prices for custom systems typically start at 30,000g. To order, PM me an overview of the system you want and I will tell you if I can make it and the price quote. We will continue to discuss the details of the system until we are both happy with it. I will start after you send half of the amount we agree to. Prices may change as the system is being built, but I try to keep the price I quoted you and I will warn you if the price is going to change. You can make changes as the system is being built, and I will let you know ahead of time if they will change the price.

I may sometimes have to ask you questions, so remember that if you are unavailable for long periods of time it may affect the time it takes to complete your system.


-- Special - Group Ordering --


If there is a custom system that you believe I can make that many people will benefit from, it is possible to get it built without having to pay custom prices. In order to do this, you will need to get at least 5 shops to pledge to order the system once it is built WITHOUT advanced or premium customizations. More shops pledging to order the system with or without customization will also help the chance of the system being built.

The system will be of YOUR design. You will order it as you would order a custom system, except you don't have to pay. What will be produced will be a "sample" system not unlike the sample Standard Minishop System. After the system is built, I will let everyone who pledged to order it know and you can order it like a Standard system.


-- Customers Served --


None yet!
-- Affiliates --

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image


-- How to Become an Affiliate --


To become an affiliate of Slinky Systems, simply PM me with your banner and link to your shop/guild. Please place our banner on your thread as well. We will not affiliate with certain places, i.e. banks, but you're most likely qualified.


-- Link to Us --


You can use the following tinyurl to link to us:

http://tinyurl.com/2aqtzv


You can use the following banners, but please upload it to your own host:

User Image
User Image
Reserved. whee
Reserved. domokun
Whew, finally finished setting up!

Go ahead and post! Please. xd
Ba-bump. domokun
Bump. ninja

Quotable Conversationalist

This is such a great idea! I would bu one if I had a busy minishop(which I don't) and enough money, but this idea is very different and amazing! There are so many people out there that need this, but no one has thought to make one. Kudos to you!
lilylangtry
This is such a great idea! I would bu one if I had a busy minishop(which I don't) and enough money, but this idea is very different and amazing! There are so many people out there that need this, but no one has thought to make one. Kudos to you!


Thank you very much. 3nodding Sorry about the prices, these took a seriously long time to make. sweatdrop
Although this shop business is way over my head, I wish you good luck in the grand spirit of capitalism!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//