Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should June's Theme be??

Dawn 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 5 ]
Death 0.32941176470588 32.9% [ 28 ]
Freedom 0.24705882352941 24.7% [ 21 ]
Garden 0.047058823529412 4.7% [ 4 ]
Moon 0.2 20.0% [ 17 ]
Perfume 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 > >>

User Image

DEADLINE: May. 25th
THEME FOR MAY: Memories

Here are some quotes about "Memories" use them to inspire you, or to just make you think.


[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Ah memories, some are painful, some are beautiful. Memories are special moments which hold special places in our hearts, minds and souls. Memories are many things, they are mystical and above all profound and meaningful. especially to thosse who hold the memories. We writers use our memories and experiences to write alot, and we often create our styles of writing from our own experiences. To honor what our memories mean to us, and to immortalize them. ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce May 2007 theme; Memories.


Mana's Updates
MaY 07: The April contest is over and thew winners have been posted all prizes will be given out by the end of today. Congrats to everyone who won & entered!! The May contest is now open as well so you may now enter for that contest as well the theme is MEMORIES!

April 23th 07: We are judging now April's contestants entries, please await the results. Although May's info is posted the May contest will not be open until the 1st of May unless we finish judging early.

We are also happy to say we broke our record for donations, participants and prizes this month lets all remember to thank our generous donators, and wish each other all the best of luck!

May 13th 07:I was previously temporarily banned from Gaia to protect my account from that hack crisis we suffered a couple weeks back. But I have returned, and the contest is still running!

April 21th 07: We broke a contestant record! We not have 27 contestants for the month of April! everyone thanks for joining the contest! Don't forget we have 2 more days to load ever more great talent on board!

April 17th 07: I have a second judge for this months contest, she is a good friend of mine and also a fellow co-worker in a charity. Her name is ~Crimson~Wings~ she and I b both will be judging entries. Thank you.


March 20th 07: Due to lack of contestants I have finished early my judging of March's contest. Critiques are not yet posted but will be posted A.S.A.P. Trades and prizes will be given out by the 31st of this month at the latest. I will accept new entries for April now. Thanks for taking part everyone! <3

March 20th 07: Today I started judging March's entries. Due to such few entries left over gold will be used towards making April's prizes even BIGGER! Remember to check the below post for winners of march's St. Patrick's day contest! Thank everyone for taking part!

March 20th 07: I am changing the 1st post and I set up voting for next months theme so be sure and vote!!


[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Welcome, my name is [M]ana[H]ero. Some of you may know me formerly as Mori Hana, I used to take part in a lot of poetry contests and I also hosted a couple myself. Well I have returned to Gaia and I missed the writers forum so much I decided I would have a poetry contest for FREE!! Here is how the contest works;


Rules
| R U L E S |


:: You may only enter 1 poem and it MUST be by YOU. Plagiarism is NOT tolerated.
:: Your poem MUST be PG13 and on the topic that I have chosen for this month, but it does not have to be in any form it can be a haiku or freestyle every form of writing is welcome here as long as it is a poem.
:: You may NOT be rude or ignorant or offensive in ANY form in your writing. Debatable topics must not be racist or offensive to cultures and people of different ethnic backgrounds.
:: I will critique appropriately ONLY the winning poems and the honorable mentions.
:: There is no entry fee, so feel free to donate. ;] If you do donaate maake donations to me directly.
:: Poetry will be judged by myself, in the future I MAY look into judges to join me however; as of right now I am the only one judging the poetry.
:: Deadline for entries is posted, poems posted after this date will NOT be accepted.
:: Winner will be announced on the posted date, so please do not pm and nag about when the winner will be announced.
:: All prizes will be given to thee winner by the end of February, gifts will be sent via the gift giving system and all gold prizes will be sent via trade.
:: Please spell and grammar check your work I will NOT let you know of mistakes and if I read it before you correct it…well tsk tsk.
:: There are no limits to how many people can enter, simply post your poem and title it if you have a title for it. Then I will read it and add your name and works title to the Contestants List for the month.
:: Critiques will be posted on the pages of the thread, so you may find them when you are a winner the page number for that months crtiques will be displayed. You may go back and read them on that page number. Only the top three winners get to be critiqued and Mana's choice gets a special note from me.^^


Prizes
| M A Y . P R I Z E S |


1st Place: Thank You Letter for May 2007
2nd Place: 5k
3rd Place: 3k
4th Place: 1k

5 Honorable Mentions are available for April each will receive 500 gold!!

Mana’s Choice: This prize will go to my favorite but not necessarily the best poem. It might just catch my eye or there might be something unique and special about it. This poem will receive a item I choose.


Donators
| M A Y . D O N A T O R S |


TheWolfMaiden - 200 Gold!
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o] - Hostess and donator of letter and all other starter funds.

REMEMBER! The more people like YOU donate, the more prizes will be given! :3


Contestants
| M A Y . C O N T E S T A N T S |


PG#22/
1. "Lost Memories" By: demonic possession
2. "Dandelion" By: FULL MOON PRAYER
3. "Gazing Once More" By: Hazuki-Ginnosuke
4. "Memories" By: broken-hearted-assassin
5. "Reminisce; the falsifier" By: [Stardust]on[Earth]
6. "Present Memories" By: Ryuuna-chan
7. "Too Much Of A Good Thing" By: Colonel Lady Une
PG#23/
8. "Remembering Our Childhood" By: NightZhadez
9. "My Paradise is a memory" By: blacknexus
10. "I Regretted" By: ++Jewel Angel++
11. "In Heaven" By: Emydra_Fyre
12. "It's Only an Incubus" By:Issari
13. "Untitled" By: pinita
PG#24/
14. "Only You" By: anime^_^emina
15. "Lockbox" By: Kaxel
PG#25/
16. "Phantom Promise. . ." By: Inuyasha the demondog
17. "Remember Me" By: starrilighthotaru
18. "~Memories~" By: QueenOfMidnightRoses
PG#26/
19. "Untitled" By: Infested-one
20. "Sloppy Firsts" By: bubblyspaces
21. "Fallen" By: Kai9112
22. "Untitled" By: kohana28
23. "Through My Music" By: Mysticaquawolf1
24. "Remembering You" By: ~Hopelessly Addicted~
25. "It's all empty now..." By Mysterica
26. "It doesn't matter" By: Vidar and Elpis
27. "One Painfilled Sunrise" By: Crazed Demoniac


Links
| L I N K S |


Link us! We will link you back. <3
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22852887]
[IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/crimsons_reign/portybanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
| H I S T O R Y |

Total Contests Held: 3
Total Donators: 8
Total Poets: 57


April Immortality Contest/07

Winners & Prizes:

1st Place Winner: Immortal Sinner
With their Poem: "Nevermore Forevermore"
Thank You Letter for March 2007

2nd Place Winner: blacknexus
With their Poem: "~Love is eternal~"
3k

3rd Place Winner: VanStreusel
With their Poem: "Stay the Same"
1.5k

4th Place Winner: Itazu
With their Poem: "A Deal With The Devil"
1k

Honorable Mentions:
"Her Immortal" By: Soggy Croutons
"The Only Thing Immortal is… " By: Greek Writer of Awesome
"I don't want to wake up" By: :Issari
"fallen Goddess" By: demonic possession
"Untitled" By: MavaricComet

Mana's Choice:
"Sense" By: Colonel Lady Une
Angelic Boots

Details:

Host:
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Judge(s):
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
~Crimson~Wings~
# Of Contestants (total):
27
Dontors:
Purple Cabbage - Donated 100 Gold!!
MustangDragon - Donated a Silver watch and Gold watch <3
Greek Writer of Awesome - Donated 1k!!
enchantedsleeper - Donated 200 Gold
Immortal Sinner - Donated 1k
Serenity_Kaiba - Donated 114g
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Critiques Found On PG#
Page#21



March St. Patricks Contest/07

Winners & Prizes:

1st Place Winner: blacknexus
With His Poem: "~A Farewell on St. Patrick's Day~"
Thank You Letter for March 2007

2nd Place Winner: NinjaKittiMeowMeow
With Her Poem: "Punken In Drublic"
5,000g

3rd Place Winner: DarkBunnykins
With her Poem: "Life is a Dance"
1,500g

Honorable Mentions:
Due to lack of contestants there were no honorable mentions for the month of March 2007. Extra gold carried over to April's contest.

Mana's Choice:
"Dreaming of Gold" By: animegurl278
Statue Light

Details:

Host:
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Judge(s):
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
# Of Contestants (total):
5
Dontors:
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Whomever donated i lost your name PM or post so I can add you again you donated 500gold. ^^
Critiques Found On PG#
Page#10



February Love Contest/07

Winners & Prizes:

1st Place Winner: blacknexus
With His Poem: "Untitled"
Thank You Letter for February 2007

2nd Place Winner: shyguy32
With His Poem: "heart Ache"
5,000g

3rd Place Winner: I1 Silenzio die eden
With her Poem: "The Light I taste on the top of my Tounge"
1,500g

Honorable Mentions:
1. "DRUM BEAT" By: Aari-chan
2. "Love at first sight " By: Oceangirlmyka
3. "SONNET #88" By: Aldrea Kon
4. "Remember Me" By: starrilighthotaru
5. "Painful Love" By: GothicHinata

Mana's Choice:
"Love your Pets" By: kakashis perfect match
Cool Shades

Details:

Host:
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Judge(s):
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
# Of Contestants (total):
26
Dontors:
[M.a.n.a][H.e.r.o]
Critiques Found On PG#

Page#7
heart BuMp heart
First entry and first post. whee

P.S. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to bump these things until they're off the first page. Could be wrong, though.



Banal Sex

After all the hassle of leaving his wife
for a boy picked up in a backwoods bar
he had expected the sex
to be something special: constellations that only made sense
when looked at through the gaps between a lover’s limbs,
stars wheeling across feather-mattress
landscapes.

He had imitated the loving gazes
of movie star men, and clutched the boy’s
limp hand in his own:
but failed to grasp anything
beyond the other’s sweaty skin.
Panthino the Moth Thank you! Congrats your the first one to submit!
Oh hadn't realized I wasn't off the first page I left this idle for a while so i thought i'd be bumped off well no worries. ^^
Love Games

She's a gleaming fire
Born of sin and mire
But she steals away your oxygen,
You'll breathe again, oh but when
Her eyes are the stars in your night
And her hands are clenched in fright
She makes your heart burn
Moves to make you turn
She's a gleaming fire
Born of sin and mire
But she destroys all she treasures
She's locked herself away to all measures
Her face is the light in your dark
And she broken like a wingless lark
She makes your head spin
It's her heart you want to win
She's a gleaming fire
Born of sin and mire
But she turns your face red
If she glances back, you're dead
Her voice is what calls you back to life
But she buried in her hidden strife
To her it might be a game
You just want to know her name
A Game of Puppet Hearts

All you ever do
Is play puppets with my heart strings
Like my love is some kinda of game to you
You act as if I mean nothing to you
And now I'm begging to feel that's true
I thought you really loved me
But now I know that's not true
Because all you ever do anymore
Is play puppets with my heart strings
All I can do now to save myself
Is cut my heart strings so you can't play with them
You made a child's game out of my love
Is that all you see in me is nothing but a game?
Are you really that heartless to play games with my heart like that?
You must be and I can see that now
Now that you're playing puppets with my heart strings
It's time for you to grow up and start being a man
It's time to stop playing with mine and all these other girls hearts
Like we're nothing but a game of puppets
We're more than that
But apparently you're too caught in your games to see that
But it's o.k. now I guess
Because I cut my heart strings so you can't play with them anymore
I'm stopping your game of puppet hearts here and now
Because you don't know what love is
When all you do is treat it like a game
A game....
A game of puppet hearts
Thanks everyone for posting poetry you have all been added. Good luck and great writing all of you. <3
~*TORNADO *~
A winding horror
the lasting twirling of air
fate, left to nature

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
Well, here goes nothing sweatdrop

A thing called. . .

Listen to the wind blow
As it whispers to the trees
The secrets of a forgotten past
Are coming back for me

Hear the creaks of my empty house
Scream, though no one’s there
The shadows hide a broken heart
That not even time can repair

Feel the salty water
Falling from above
Only one thing can hurt this way
The only thing called ‘Love’

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
It's cool that you made the contest for free.
Poetry, infact good writing in general is priceless.

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
Definitely is.

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
More people should enter.
Why haven't more people entered?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//