Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you interested in joining the shop?

Yes, as a manager. 0.30555555555556 30.6% [ 11 ]
Yes, as an owner. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 6 ]
Yes, as an artist. 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 2 ]
No. 0.25 25.0% [ 9 ]
poll whore option 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 36 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Shop Link:
User Image

I started up this shop a long time ago but I very quickly found I did not have the time to run it and do the art. I am looking for a dedicated shop manager to run the place for me so I can focus on just doing the art.

Duties include:
- Certing (files provided, Photoshop required)
- Uploading (Photobucket space supplied)
- Roleplaying as the shop mule
- Approving growth requests and powers
- Maintaining the shop information and updating the news

Pay:
- A free Avatar of the god of your choice drawn by myself.
- Small gold stipend and/or avatar art.
- One or two pet trades (subject to approval)

I may even accept two managers in the interests of keeping the shop active and running smoothly. The two managers could divide up tasks or work together. You can submit with a friend if you want. Or you can submit by yourself, and specify whether you want to be a solo manager or joint manager or if either would be fine with you. If I end up deciding on two managers, both get free pets.

If you would be interested in managing the shop, please fill out the following form and post it here! For RP sample, you can either write something here in the thread or link to a sample of your writing in a journal on Gaia or on devART. I just want to know that you can write well. smile


Name:
Solo/Joint/Either?:
God Desired: (pick from the list in the shop, any one you want except Sjestaia/Lemas)
Roleplay Sample:
Experience: (any journal pets you own or shops you manage or have managed in the past)


I really want to see this shop go somewhere because I've already finished 15 images which, unless someone can run the shop for me, will never be used. sad I look forward to working with someone and seeing this shop go places!


I am also always interested in guest artists. The pay is 90%. If interested, PM me with samples. smile
Poll added! So I can know if anyone is even looking or considering.
right let me get something together. I would love to see this shop come back!!
Name: Remove
Solo/Joint/Either?: Either
God Desired: Beryth, Goddess of Cats
Roleplay Sample:
Maybe it’s just the feeling of being lost, or the feeling of not knowing. Where life is, what it could have been if this hadn’t happened or this hadn’t been said? The world is a strange place, life is even stranger.

One word, one action can change something that was good, reasonably normal into something out of control, something lost to that strange part of your mind where it refuses to let you forget things, refuses to let you be happy. Swimming in guilt, that’s what it’s called; Swimming in a bottomless pit of guilt. You can’t seem to find a way out, but yet you can’t drown, just, forever swimming.

Its strange how you can’t drown in guilt, some do, well, they don’t, and they try to but instead find something else, a way of getting themselves out but also drowning. They swallow the guilt, let it take them over and continue to get on with life, but the problems seem so much bigger then, so lost. That’s how life can work sometimes, swimming in guilt.

That’s how things were once, for me. How something changed in an instant, it was all good, then suddenly, nothing. All gone, not a soul left to hear my cries, or maybe there were? You can’t tell these things when you’re here.

I learnt about places like this in school, those boring lessons where the boys threw pieces of paper around and the girls did their make-up. I half listened, sat in a corner, in my own little world, maybe that’s why I am stuck here now like this? I was hoping that I wouldn’t need to know those things but just sometimes, well, school comes in handy, if you listened.

Maybe, if I ever find out if its possible to get out I might go back have a family and make sure my kids listen in school. This place isn’t nice, no, not nice. I don’t want to see anyone, no too much guilt, too much time to just, think.

Think. That’s the other reason for this place, to think. To think and to swim, it’s as if the two things are joined into one in some strange way, as it the whole point is to think and feel guilty.

Maybe that’s what happened… I did something… back home… that meant I was lost… confused… where am I?


Experience: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1369441
I dont have the links to my past shops, sorry.
It's fine about not having shop links, your journal is a very good read!
Thank You. heart

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Name: Ithiltari
Solo/Joint/Either: Either
God Desired: Mellas, God of the Moon
Roleplay Sample:

I am lost. I have not left my department in an age, why did they make me leave?

I do not understand why my Goddess has forsaken me. Perhaps she has done what I once did - become so wrapped up in her duties that she neglects others.

I am still lost.

There is so much that is new, that I have not seen, and I am lost and scared, and oh how I wish I could go back to my rooms and my lecture halls and pretend this had never happened.

But all my things are gone, reclaimed by the school. Even that which was not theirs, they have taken.

What has happened to cause such change? There have been no hints of this in the history written as present becomes past, no echoes of discontent sent rumbling through the tomes I study, no overtones of discord in the lectures I gave.

Why then this change? Change for change's sake alone borders on the domain of Chaos, and She does not rule here.

Perhaps I have been looking in the wrong places for these hints; after all, the history of the Gods is not always the best indicator of trouble from the people.

And yet, I am still lost.

I need to find her. It was whispered that she was banished, but that does not feel right, does not seem like something She would do.

I do not know where to begin my search, but if she has truly been bansihed or sent away, there is only one room to search.


Idhren set her journal down, the only thing she had been able to take with her, beside the clothes she was wearing. Staring up at the doors before her, filled with apprehension, she did not notice the lurkers in the shadows next to her. Firming her resolution, the willowy elf took a step forward, shaking hand outstretched to open the door in her first act of defiance towards those who had ruled her life for years beyond counting.

The door swung open at the barest touch of her finger, sending the elf stumbling through in surprise. The room was dark, but grew gradually lighter as Idhren stood frozen next to the door, already regretting her action. She turned to dash out again, but the door had already closed behind her, and would not open to even her strongest efforts. Slumping down against it, Idhren finally looked around and the sight that met her eyes took her breath away.

The room was circular, but much larger than the last time she had been in here, huddling on the floor, desperate to escape those who had hunted her merely because she was Other, an elf. The doors ringing the room were large enough to march armies through, six men across, and streched upwards, nearly disappearing in the gloom that lurked at the top of the room. They were each made of some exotic wood, with jeweled representations of each destination's Region or Realm inlaid upon the center of the door. Smaller such symbols adorned the frame, and there was one set at the right height for an average elf or human to reach easily. Idhren pushed herself upward and walked slowly around the room, running her hand over the Gate symbol, murmuring the name and ruler of each place. None lit up for her, but she did not take it amiss. Legend had it that unless one was destined to Claim and Rule a Region, it would not light up, or sometimes even appear for others. Stopping at the symbol for Nowhere, Idhren paused. This one, at least, should have lit up for her, allowing her to step through the door to the Region of Chaos, home to the lost. But it did not, and the elf continued on, stopping once more at a door decorated with a symbol she did not know. Idhren examined the door closely, looking to see if this was already claimed. Oddly, it had the same signs as that of the Portal to Earth - a mix of the symbols for claimed and unclaimed dancing along the Gate marker. It's markers, symbols, and Gate signs, however, were not shattered and charred, broken in the mage blast that had saved the fledgling Goddess of Magic, as well as those elves she had managed to bring with her in the last dash for safety from their destroyed world.

As Idhren ran her fingers over the markers, they lit up under her hand, culminating in a flash of light as she rested her hand on the center symbol. She gasped and stepped back as the door opened, revealing darkness beyond. This was not right, all the histories she'd read stated that Portals, once opened, showed a view of wherever that Portal was located. She took another step back, bumping into someone. Before she could react and see who it was, they gave her a shove that sent her roughly tumbling through the Portal, which shut behind her.

The being who'd shoved Idhren sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "I know You think this is necessary, and I know You have some sort of plan for all of this, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, and it doesn't mean that Your plan is going to work." The elven woman sighed and headed out of the Portal Room, which dimmed itself back down to darkness, leaving no trace of Idhren.

Experience: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10130658
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=597085
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=511799
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1322097
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1968899 <-Haven't gotten that one updated, as I haven't 'acquired' the pet in the timeline just yet.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1371439

I used to manage a B/CP shop when I was first on Gaia, but it went under due to lack of interest. ;; Currently, I manage Vayamenda Industries (although I can't do much with it, as my laptop doesn't like me running PS. Maybe if I tried it while sitting at a real table...). I know the journals are full of holes - but if you look at them, especially Elena's, you'll see that even though they're full of holes, it's still organized and planned out. And being worked on, nearly constantly. I typically have at least one Notepad open to type on, and Word open for spell check purposes when my mind fails me. >.>

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
ninja

Name: Manda, Sephiros Immortal
Solo/Joint/Either?: Joint
God Desired: Mellas (Manda), Morris (Seph)
Roleplay Sample: ((I apologize in advance for length, I wanted to get a good sample. And it's also starting in the middle of an RP. Ka and Nash are played by Manda, Farlest is played by Seph.))
Ka blinked, coming fully into the apartment and shutting the door behind him. He crossed to the couch, calling the other's name again and reaching down to touch him lightly.

His eyes snapped open. "Ka..." There was the strangest look in his eyes for a moment...like relief and then...something deeper, but it was gone and replaced with recognition. "Mmm...guess I fell asleep...had the oddest dream..." Hell yes odd...

Ka sank down, sitting crosslegged by the couch. "Odd, how?" he murmured, hand moving to rest on Farlest's forehead. "Are you ok?" He felt hot, feverish.

His eyes lidded, "I dunno..." Answering the last question first, "Nnn...it was just...I...I don't know...must've come from the bit you told me about that desert snake legend...but...not sure where the rest of it came from..." No way in hell was he going to divulge details.

Ka cursed mentally ... just their luck. He didn't know whether this was shock, an infection of some sort, or possibly both ... but it couldn't be good either way. And he had to get some answers from Farlest ... he'd been doing some thinking on the way out and back. "Mm ... do you have any idea why that guy was after you?" he asked, not sharing any of his fears for the other. There was nothing he could do about it at the moment, anyway.

He exhaled slowly, a heavy sigh, "Probably Adar..." He blinked, where had that... "Father, I mean..." Where the ******** hell had that word come from? "He...doesn't like that I've left the family 'business'."

Ka winced slightly. "Ah ... " And glanced away for a moment, then back. "Would it be ... safer if we left here? Since the guy, at least, knows where you are now?" He didn't relish the thought of leaving his home, but well ... something in him just wasn't letting go of this. Not that he really minded all that much.

He winced, "M'sorry...yeah...it...it probably would. I'll go...that gets you and I both out of danger..." He hadn't assumed that the other would come with him...after all...Ka had done enough, he wasn't under any obligation.

Ka put a hand on Far's arm to keep him from moving. "Did I say 'you'? I don't think so. I said 'we'. Besides, I doubt you'd get far at the moment anyway ... right?" He raised a brow just slightly.

He frowned, "Damn. I just keep dragging you in deeper, don't I?" he sighed softly, "But you're right...I wouldn't get far on my own...not with the way I am now..."

"There's no dragging if I'm walking on my own," he replied to that, then unfolded himself and stood up. "I'm just gonna pack a few things, I'll be right back."

He closed his eyes again and nodded, "All right..." Gods...he did not feel good...not at all. It was so strange...he'd never met Ka before this and now it was like a dependency...and he -did- trust him...completely...and that in and of itself...the -lack- of innate need for caution...was disturbing.

Ka was back a few minutes later, a single medium-sized duffle bag in hand ... and the comfortor from his bed thrown over the other arm. He blinked ... "Farlest?" Had the other fallen asleep again ... dammit.

He had, and was mumbling under his breath to boot, feverish in earnest now. The words that tumbled from his lips...most of them weren't in English...but something different...musical and foreign...with the one word 'meleth' used rather liberally. If he remembered any of it in waking was doubtful.

"Well, s**t ... can't leave you for five minutes," he muttered, though he wasn't at all angry. Much more ... worried. And a bit scared. He slung the bag over his shoulder so his hands would be free to wrap the other in that blanket, then picked him up, heading for the door quickly. The sooner they got to someplace safe, the better. And he knew where they were going.

About twenty minutes later, Ka pulled his car up in front of Nash's small house. It was closer to the club, and just outside the official city limits. He'd been there once after they all got a bit too drunk after an incredibly late night ... and he hadn't wanted to drive all the way home. Nash had a wife and two kids, but he knew they were on vacation at the moment. He shut the car off and went around to get Farlest out. He'd called Nash on the way ... but hadn't said much on the phone other than that he was coming over and it was an emergency. So he was halfway prepared for the reception he got when he knocked on the door.


Hazel-orange eyes looked out, narrowed as the door cracked open a bit. "What the hell are you -doing- here, Ka? You wouldn't say a damn thing on the phone and I'm just supposed to--"

Ka shoved into the door, butting it open farther and then shouldering his way past Nash and into the front hall. "I told you, it's an emergency. I don't think anyone followed me here but ..." he glanced back.

Nash's eyes went wide at the blanket-wrapped form in Ka's arms. "Ok, whoa. What the ********? Where did you pick him up and what's wrong with him ... hell, what's wrong with YOU. Followed? Who would be following you?" Nash did step back around Ka and shut the door though ... if nothing else, he was practical.

"I couldn't explain on the phone ... but ... I'm in trouble. Or ... rather, he is. And I'm not leaving him." He sighed and started over, as he headed farther into the house, perching on the couch with Far still in his arms. "This is Farlest ... he's a stripper at the club. That guy I got you to throw out earlier? He was tossing him around. I basically rescued him ... then found out he had a concussion. So I took him home, to keep him awake and all."

Nash had followed and sat in a chair a few feet away and now raised a brow. "Yea? Well, that doesn't explain the blood all over you and that blanket. And I hardly think the guy I tossed on his a** was capable of following anyone tonight."

Ka blinked at that ... he hadn't even really noticed said blood. And shook his head. "I was getting there. Later on, this nutcase broke into my apartment and stabbed him ... and well ... ********, I'm sorry. I just ... needed somewhere safe to take him. Where they won't come looking. I ... I can leave if you want."

Nash sighed and collapsed back into that armchair. "s**t, why didn't you call the police?" he asked ... but stopped at the look on Ka's face. "There's more you're not telling me ... but you know what. I don't want to know." He held out a hand when Ka shifted like he was going to get up. "I didn't say you had to leave. Stay, it's ok. Mikomi and the kids won't be back for a week. You can have the guest room ... it's a queen-sized bed if you're not shy 'bout sharing it."

Ka leaned back as well, sighing and feeling tense muscles unknot just a bit. "Thanks, Nash ... I ... I can't even tell you how much this means to me." He glanced down at Farlest, a small worried frown creasing his lips. He didn't look too good ...

Experience:
Manda - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13204271 (journal)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1375635 (journal)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=3105111 (journal)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10019210 (shop)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10328641 (shop)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8407560 (shop)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13193784 (shop)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13262245 (shop)
Seph - http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13252553 (journal)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2651964 (journal)
heart This is going to be tough to decide, so far I like all of these applications!
Wow, a lot more votes in the poll all the sudden!

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
heart *luffs on mule* I'd just be glad to see the shop open again ^__^
I will probably keep this open until Friday and then make a decision. smile
*bumps the thread up*

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//