Nazhosh
(?)Community Member
- Posted: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:34:02 +0000
I'm giving away most all of my stuff, so this quest thread is now null and void and I apologize to everyone who tried to make it happen. I no longer have the gold as I have a nasty habit of giving it away.
Visit my giveaway thread, profile link. That's all I can really tell you.
UPDATE: Due to layering issues with the items I had for this avatar, I have put the quest on hold while I try to fix it so it can look decent. I traded in the original helmet (gray striper) for the more expensive (17,000g) Dicy Tuna helmet. It looks promising, but I have to switch which goggles I use. Basically? Please don't help me until I can figure out how to fix this! Thanks for reading. :3
New quest. The pants were great, they did the trick, and I didn't win the avatar contest. Thanks again to Lei_Feng and Jeyel for the boost anyway. surprised
This is what I'm aiming for now:
or this 
No doubt the largest venture I have attempted. Sweet, no? Please leave any feedback about the avatar too, I like that stuff.
This quest means I will be temporarily abandoning my giveaway thread in the Chatterbox ( http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12429194 ). Kind of couterproductive, giving tons of gold away while questing.
One final note: All updates will be made in the second post (i.e. Marketplace purchase prices, item status, etc). This first is merely for initial information.
So here's what I still need to make the outfit:

Ice Tiara
Approximate value: 4,000g (in marketplace)

Gray Striper Helmet
Approximate value: 8,500g (in marketplace)

Blue Wetsuit
Approximate value: 1,700g (in marketplace)

Guys Flashion Yellow Top - May be changing to blue, same price.
Approximate value: 2,000g

Midori Cache Pants
Approximate value: 4,200g (in marketplace)

Black Catscratch Shoes
Approximate value: 1,450g

Green/Yellow Sunvisor - May be changing to Hipster Green Tint Shades, which are of course more expensive.
Approximate value: 3,400g. More expensive than I'd thought.

Those 90's Gloves
Approximate value: 980g
The haircut is another 1,200g, but it isn't completely necessary for the outfit. We'll see what happens when I get to that point.
And here's what I've already acquired:

Demonic Pitchfork
44,000g (I spent more like 30,000... bought it a while ago.)

Black Musketeer Top
10,500g

Green Paper Spiky Hat
150g (Bought especially for this quest, but before the quest thread was made.)
As you can see most of the items that I have left to buy aren't all that expensive. The total gold I'll need is approximately 22,830 for the remaining items. Those little items add up.
I'm going for the Ice Tiara first because I'm worried it'll gain value too quickly for me to buy if I approach this quest any other way. Then comes the Gray Striper Helmet. From there, it's mostly buying from shops.
I also realize that my marketplace values are likely the lowest the prices will get for these items and might not be available by the time I have the money to buy them. Well, tough luck for me. I intend to only quest for the 22,830, and surely from there I'll get a second wind so that I can cover the difference on my own.
Starting the quest with 1,000g in my pocket. Let's get this thing started.
Visit my giveaway thread, profile link. That's all I can really tell you.
UPDATE: Due to layering issues with the items I had for this avatar, I have put the quest on hold while I try to fix it so it can look decent. I traded in the original helmet (gray striper) for the more expensive (17,000g) Dicy Tuna helmet. It looks promising, but I have to switch which goggles I use. Basically? Please don't help me until I can figure out how to fix this! Thanks for reading. :3
New quest. The pants were great, they did the trick, and I didn't win the avatar contest. Thanks again to Lei_Feng and Jeyel for the boost anyway. surprised
This is what I'm aiming for now:
or this 
No doubt the largest venture I have attempted. Sweet, no? Please leave any feedback about the avatar too, I like that stuff.
This quest means I will be temporarily abandoning my giveaway thread in the Chatterbox ( http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12429194 ). Kind of couterproductive, giving tons of gold away while questing.
One final note: All updates will be made in the second post (i.e. Marketplace purchase prices, item status, etc). This first is merely for initial information.
So here's what I still need to make the outfit:
Ice Tiara
Approximate value: 4,000g (in marketplace)
Gray Striper Helmet
Approximate value: 8,500g (in marketplace)
Blue Wetsuit
Approximate value: 1,700g (in marketplace)
Guys Flashion Yellow Top - May be changing to blue, same price.
Approximate value: 2,000g
Midori Cache Pants
Approximate value: 4,200g (in marketplace)
Black Catscratch Shoes
Approximate value: 1,450g
Green/Yellow Sunvisor - May be changing to Hipster Green Tint Shades, which are of course more expensive.
Approximate value: 3,400g. More expensive than I'd thought.
Those 90's Gloves
Approximate value: 980g
The haircut is another 1,200g, but it isn't completely necessary for the outfit. We'll see what happens when I get to that point.
And here's what I've already acquired:
Demonic Pitchfork
44,000g (I spent more like 30,000... bought it a while ago.)
Black Musketeer Top
10,500g
Green Paper Spiky Hat
150g (Bought especially for this quest, but before the quest thread was made.)
As you can see most of the items that I have left to buy aren't all that expensive. The total gold I'll need is approximately 22,830 for the remaining items. Those little items add up.
I'm going for the Ice Tiara first because I'm worried it'll gain value too quickly for me to buy if I approach this quest any other way. Then comes the Gray Striper Helmet. From there, it's mostly buying from shops.
I also realize that my marketplace values are likely the lowest the prices will get for these items and might not be available by the time I have the money to buy them. Well, tough luck for me. I intend to only quest for the 22,830, and surely from there I'll get a second wind so that I can cover the difference on my own.
Starting the quest with 1,000g in my pocket. Let's get this thing started.

