Welcome to Gaia! ::


You don't need to go into the source code first off. Its a stupid thing to do and unless you know what you're doing you will get lost. So I found a faster way.

Easy Way

Copy the Video URL (Permalink) link and past it into you're multimedia bar.

Okay there is two ways about this. Sometimes for some reason the easy way, which is just copying the link from Video URL (Permalink) bar, doesn't work. Usually this is because of a typo or something else. If that doesn't work follow the instructions after this paragraph.

Other Way

When you open a movie from youtube you get two bars down the bottom. Highlight and copy the Embeddable Player link.

Take this link and post it somewhere like notepad.

The link may look something like this.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-RvO9vFlEY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-RvO9vFlEY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Okay now delete everything but one of the links. In this case

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-RvO9vFlEY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-RvO9vFlEY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The one highlighted in red. Copy and past this link into you're bar on multimedia and then preview it to see if it works.

Remember that some people may not see the file because its a shockwave file and not a flash one.

That should explain it. I have a movie in my profile. Check it out if you like.
Thanks, that worked for me.
No problem. If there isn't another thread like this around I may ask one of the mods to sticky it.
Thanks, it worked for me! yey. x3
Gerald the Mouse
Thanks, it worked for me! yey. x3


No problem. I just added a easier way that worked for someone. It didn't work for me when I first tried it so I have both ways up now.
yay it worked biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin I've been trying to figure that out for ages

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
FYI: topics like this go in the Gaia Guides and Resources subforum:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=92

and there is already a guide on yourtube there: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11545923
That guide is useless. It take you through a tedious walk through the source code that does not work for people whom don't have find on there browsers.

I made this here because people were asking about it here. If it needs to be moved then a mod will move it. So stop whining.
Calin Katar
That guide is useless. It take you through a tedious walk through the source code that does not work for people whom don't have find on there browsers.

I made this here because people were asking about it here. If it needs to be moved then a mod will move it. So stop whining.
"The Easy way" you have listed won't ever work. You have to edit it by taking out "watch?" and replacing the "=" with a forward slash "/". So it ends up looking like "The Other Way".

So "The Easy Way" is kind of providing inaccurate information, which isn't allowed.

There are many YouTube Guides, which I have as well.
Thankyou for the help!!
Chii!! Thank you!
OMG..-jumps up and down- IT WORKS!
thank you so much. this has helped me get my Suhkoi Video in my profile. THANK YOU!!!
I put the first animated manga scene from FLCL in my media, thanks to you! It works great!
I'm still haveing truoble.It just comes up blank when I try too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

Join Now

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//