Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Manga
Death Note

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Character:
  Raito(Light)
  Ryuga/L
  Mello/M
  Near/N
  Ryuuku(Ryuk)
  Misa
  Remu(Rem)
  Other?
View Results

BlackFlameEnvy

Dapper Hunter

4,375 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:39 pm


Alright, I have to ask, anyone here read Death Note?

Loved this story... till about halfway through it. They switched stuff up and I'm not sure if I still like it. (I'm not finished with the series but I've only got about 25-30 chapters to go)

So, for those of you who know about Death Note what are your thoughts?
(BTW, I know there are 2 Live-Action movies and an anime but this is the manga forum so let's stick with the manga, k? ^.^)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:20 pm


I have never heard about it!
If you don't mind would you tell me some of the polt?

night326
Crew


Adryrn

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:06 pm


Ooh! Yay, Deathnote! @Night326- Basically, a bored, genius high school student (Light) finds a note book (the Death Note) that a bored shinigami (Ryuk) dropped in the human world and uses it to kill criminals. It's really interesting mrgreen .
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:47 pm


I've enjoyed this manga for a while, and yea a lot of people stop reading after volume 7 but I found the idea of the death note and the "chase" between the characters more intriguing then ending up just siding with either Kira or L, or becoming a fangirl of one of the characters. Also, I've been a fan of the artist for years. Ever since I knew Hikaru no Go and Ayasuri Saikon(sp?) exsisted. I love how people actualy age in the stories. They don't just get longer hair they gradualy age and that is also apparent in Death Note.

Majel

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

locke317

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:57 pm


I like the series. I haven't read it for a while because when I started reading it, I got addicted and wouldn't stop.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm


I'm just getting into it, but I like it a lot. I'm on book...eight, I think. I'm a huge fan of L/Light pairings, and want to see the anime released in America (with the voice casting person of Full Metal casting the actors!).

@ Night: Let me add more to Adryn's summary: Light is about my age, with an IQ of over 200. He is bored out of his mind when he finds a notebook on the ground. The shinigami attached to it, Ryuk, tells him the rules. Light is a bit twisted, so he decides to use it to purge the world of sin, becoming a sort of quasi-God. During this, his father gets on the case of Light (known as Kira to the public) along with another genius named L. Very, very good story.

.(.Kitsune_Masakazu.).


themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:29 am


I have to say, I've read an a** load of manga and this is the first one that's ever had me sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:25 am


I like DeathNote. I only have the first four manga though. So that's as far as I have read. x.x;

Zanzen

Reply
Manga

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//