Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Zeh Eccentric Clique
Trick cast Bolt3!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fastforward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:03 pm


I was looking through my stuff that my parents tried to throw away when they cleaned my room(s) without my permission. Guess my outrage when I found my SNES in there. Instantly, I had a urge to play it.

That's when I sparked in the adaptor, the multiplicator, plugged in the SNES, added a controller and a game and shot out to quench my rage:

Chrono Trigger.

I wet my pants. After years, that game is still the best one my brain ever orgasmed upon.



Nowadays, the roleplaying videogame industry is declining, my friends. Squaresoft, the giant of yore, seems to have run out of juice with when they tried to tackle the new generation. Final Fantasy X and X-2 were, let's say it, a deception to many after the great titles it produced for the Playstation, and after the nostalgic battle to top selling game between Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger. As for the other companies, while their efforts are admirable, can't compare to the splendor of your old roleplaying game.

What do you think? Are we facing the death of roleplaying videogames, or do you see the light at the end of this tunnel? How about the "oldschool" games, what is your view on the golden age?



RPG thread, dernit.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:54 pm


I love all RPGs.
With few exceptions.
I'm IN LOVE with Disgaea.
That's Tactical RPGing at it's best.
Shining Force stole my heart as well. domokun

FFX-2 is just lame, in my opinion.
Just because it's supposed to be a FINAL Fantasy.
Making a sequel is just lame, and especially with an all female cast.
What a Charlie's Angels rip off... domokun

Krey


DeathByExplosion.
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:41 pm


Chrono and FF[6] = heart
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:04 pm


DeathByExplosion.
Chrono and FF[6] = heart

<3

@Krey: Disgaea was the second 3d game to ever make me joy-gasm.

fastforward

Reply
Zeh Eccentric Clique

 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//