|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:41 pm
((I have talked to L0cke and given PockyFille's name as the one who will get control of the guild mules. From there, once the mules are retrieved, you all can decide who controls what.))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:11 am
(ooc) When's that likely to happen? The assasin's guild guys have started getting things back on track in their neck of the woods, sort of, but as shishio lead this thread we can't really do anything till this is sorted out. Bugger it, I'm just going to get things moving again, the rest is all paperwork, and if you don't know what place paperwork has in an ankh morpork watch house then go read some watch books and come post when you're done. We'll get it all sorted out as soon as we can, but this will do for the time being.(ooc)
In the kind of coincidence that can only happen in a world as thick with narativium as the Discworld, Seargent Detritus just happened to walk around the corner as Archi was replacing the cardboard cutout of himself with with the traditional meat model, after a quick trip to the Hogswatch ball at the Times office. Agh! I mean, Detritus! I mean, Seargent! Archi shouted in a panic. A troll as big as detritus is bad enough to walk into in a dark alley, let alone a dark alley that already contains one unconscious troll. What all dis den? Detritus asked, it was easier just to let other people do the thinking, leaving him to focus on yelling and hitting things. Archi relayed the events twice and then the huge watchman was hefting the huge troll over one shoulder and Archi was hefting the...Nobby over his own shoulder with somewhat less enthusiasm and they began their way back to the watchhouse. Overhead Archi spied a familiar cloud of bats passing in front of the moon. He walked a little closer to the troll and wondered if Drake had noticed them and would meet them at the watchhouse. Hopefully he would gather Wolf and the others on his way.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:24 am
((We're just waiting on L0cke at this point.))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:25 am
(ooc) Okay it seems to me that things are more or less in order again. We don't really need the Vimes account for the time being but I'll get the codes if I need it. If anyone else feels they should run this thread than feel free so long as you can do a decent job, otherwise I'd like to get things going again. If anyone new wants to join now would be a good time, just write yourself in or pm me and I'll work it into the storyline. Even if you don't want to join but you're willing to post regularly than join anyway, I'll do all I can to make sure you have a good time, and we all know the watch books are the best ones, so it follows suit that the watch rp is the best. But yeah, let's get this going again.(ooc)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:50 pm
Drake noticed the troll and man as he was flying overhead. He landed at the watch house and waited for their arrival, so that they could officially arrest and question them.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:22 pm
The troll was secured in the cells and Detritus, not one to notice the subtle things in life, like unconsciousness, had already begun his interogation. Archi had managed to find a vet to make sure Nobby was okay and Seargent Colon was busy thinking of ways to get out of the necessary paper work. The new recruits sat around the caffeteria sipping bad coco and waiting till their shift ended and they could go to the pub to drink something that might not actually taste any better than the coco but could at least help them forget about their day. It would have been a good time for anyone stupid enough to want to be involved in a bit of excitement to come and join them, thus saving themselves the trouble of comming up with a reason to join in later, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:02 am
Drake sat next to archi, and hoped he could talk to him, man to vampyre. "so, tell me something. How bad do you think it will be, when I have to introduce myself to Vimes? I mean, I've heard some stories, but I don't want to believe some of them. I mean, everybody can have skeletons in thier closets, but I'd rather if ashes weren't also found in Vimes'. I have to tell you, I'm a good guy. I haven't had a drop of the stuff in more than you can imagine. I'm a proud black-ribboner. What about you? I mean, anybody who joins the watch has something going on with their life which they need to get away from. So what are you running from?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:40 am
Wolf made his way back towards the Watchhouse on Treacle Mine Road. He was out of puff, but otherwise fine. He vaguely wondered if the others had managed to catch the troll. He walked in through the gates and saw a group of the new recruits drinking something that resembled the bog he called home in more than just colour. He picked up a mug for himself and sat down.
"Well, end of the shift soon then, I guess?" he said, taking a swig of the cocoa and trying not to screw his face up to much.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:50 pm
Archi turned to Drake, if you looked in the other direction you could barely notice the fangs. But it had been almost a day and the bloodsucker had yet to suck any actual blood, though even Archi would have prefered blood over watch house coco. About Stoneface? They say he blew up a werewolf with a firework in Uberwald. A big werewolf. And with little Sam he's been a little bit...erratic. That means he might not notice straight away, but when he does... You might like some signed documents from the Patrician saying he wanted you in here, even then, how fast can vampires run anyway? Archi thought about the other question. The thing about reasons for joining the watch was that they usually weren't the sort of things you wanted to tell anyone, ever. About me? I was born in Fourecks, when I was a kid I got on a piece of driftwood at the beach, it drifted the wrong way. Eventually I found myself in Ankh Morpork, everybody does. The drift wood is probably still lodged in the river somewhere. I've been here for years now but, well the Watch is the one place where anybody can fit in...I mean, except you... Archi looked aside and inconspicuously pulled his collar up over his neck. He thanked the gods when Wolf sat down. Well, you never really go off shift in the Watch, you'll learn that in about a week, but it means we get to drink beer. Don't spose you've ever been to The Bucket? He said to Wolf, diving at the nearest change of topic.
(ooc) I'll give it a few more days to see if anyone else joins in before moving the story on, just thought I'd enjoy some rping while we wait, it's been a while. Once we get going I'll keep Archi from doing anything much, i.e. I won't cheat. But I'd like to keep him around if that's alright with everyone else. (ooc)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:48 pm
OOC: I'd really hate it if you stopped rping, because it's really developing... I'm going to let Wolf respond first... just wanted to let you know.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:48 am
((OOC: I agree with LordofTheVampyres, you should certainly keep RPing with us. I'll trust you not to cheat razz ))
The promise of beer made Wolf's eyes light up. Back in Rheinhaart, beer had been almost impossible to come by, so everyone had to drink a sort of alcoholic broth called Glupschump. On his way to Ankh Morpork he had the chance to sample proper beer, and had found it superior in taste, texture and colour to homebrewed Glupschump.
"I saw the Bucket, but never went in. I ended up in some place called the Mended Drum, then can't remember much, though I have vague flashes of drinking something some Dwarf recommended, and landing on a troll's backside."
Hopefully the Bucket would be a ittle more civilised.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:29 pm
"Contrary to common belief" Drake thought to himself, "I like beer." "I haven't been there yet. When do we "get off"?"
OOC: I'm not gonna be on for a while. SATs
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:55 pm
If there's one thing you can say about the Bucket it's that it's nothing like the Drum. It's pretty much an unofficial watch house nowadays, suspects don't like to drink around coppers, and you'll find after a while you don't want to drink around suspects. Everyone was guilty of something, therefor everyone was a suspect. Being a member of the watch didn't put you above the law, not with Stoneface in charge, and it certainly didn't mean you weren't a criminal, but somehow it meant you weren't a suspect. If you commited a crime, Archi reconed, then at least you knew you'd done it, and since you were a copper that meant a copper knew it too, so there was no suspicion involved, just cold hard and probably unshared fact. Let's go, it's close enough to end of shift, if anyone else wants to come they can catch up. They're probably already there. Since a copper was always on shift the lines between when you were getting paid to do your job and when you weren't, and therefor when you could drink, often got a bit blury.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:29 am
Wolf nodded in agreement, slid his chair back and stood up. Lead the way, Archi If The Bucket was nothing like The Drum that was definitely a good thing as far as he was concerned.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:38 pm
"I'm right behind you" Said Drake, and then realized that it might scare Archi. But he didn't know how to get there, and there was no better way of putting it. "So when do I get to meet this Stoneface?" He asked
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|