|
|
| What's your political affiliation? |
| Democrat |
|
27% |
[ 10 ] |
| Republican |
|
8% |
[ 3 ] |
| Independent |
|
30% |
[ 11 ] |
| Green |
|
13% |
[ 5 ] |
| Other (Please specify.) |
|
19% |
[ 7 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 36 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:54 am
chaoticpuppet 'tis now a centerist, favoring a parliamentory government. i haven't explored different governmental systems as much as ecnomic systems. why parlimentory?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:40 am
Kalorn chaoticpuppet 'tis now a centerist, favoring a parliamentory government. i haven't explored different governmental systems as much as ecnomic systems. why parlimentory? I prefer a fusion of powers over a seperation of powers.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:39 pm
*chooses other* since I'm not ameriacan none of the parties here are up there, except green but I'm not green. I am Concervative, it's probably the only thing I am mainstream about around here.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:49 pm
I'm a blow-up-the-white-house-and-start-over-again-because-we've-screwed-up-so-bad person. I'm not what you'd call pacifist.
By the way, I'm not a terrorist.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:08 pm
NonMisanthropist I'm a blow-up-the-white-house-and-start-over-again-because-we've-screwed-up-so-bad person. I'm not what you'd call pacifist. By the way, I'm not a terrorist. i think things are savable. and if they are they should always be given that chance.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:00 pm
NonMisanthropist I'm a blow-up-the-white-house-and-start-over-again-because-we've-screwed-up-so-bad person. I'm not what you'd call pacifist. By the way, I'm not a terrorist. wow, even i dont think were that far gone.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:06 am
Economic Left/Right: -4.13 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92
Mee hee hee, I'm not too terribly left, but but not too Libertarian! Awesome. My school is putting out T-shirts that say "Just because I go to ***** doesn't mean I'm a hippy." In tie dye!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:37 pm
As one that is currently confused about my religious position, I can not completely choose a side on whether my beliefs affect my political position; however, I can not go without saying that I absolutely dispise politics. I loathe debating and ranting and am constantly told by my parents that without politics I would not have the ability to speak up for my beliefs, and though I agree with them I must say that if I dont talk, I am sure someone with in the world in a similar political position will. I dislike watching the news that is constantly on in my household, which is probably the reason for sparking my contempt, and I am incredulous as to how individuals can argue about subjects for many months, if not years.
Here we talk of religious tolerance, but what about tolerance in general? For example, on the debate of the mention of God on coins, or in the pledge of alligance, I can only watch with disbelief and (somewhat) wonder as to how topics such as these come to surface. To grown adults arguing about being offended I can only say 'Suck it up. What happened to 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me?' Anyway, I guess one could call me hypocritical on the fact that I almost can not tolerate intolerance but I guess I would say that its just because of the mess of strenuous voices that are so annoying. But if thats the case, then I guess I am off topic! sweatdrop Sorry!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:56 am
Krazy Lew As one that is currently confused about my religious position, I can not completely choose a side on whether my beliefs affect my political position; however, I can not go without saying that I absolutely dispise politics. I loathe debating and ranting and am constantly told by my parents that without politics I would not have the ability to speak up for my beliefs, and though I agree with them I must say that if I dont talk, I am sure someone with in the world in a similar political position will. I dislike watching the news that is constantly on in my household, which is probably the reason for sparking my contempt, and I am incredulous as to how individuals can argue about subjects for many months, if not years. Here we talk of religious tolerance, but what about tolerance in general? For example, on the debate of the mention of God on coins, or in the pledge of alligance, I can only watch with disbelief and (somewhat) wonder as to how topics such as these come to surface. To grown adults arguing about being offended I can only say 'Suck it up. What happened to 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me?' Anyway, I guess one could call me hypocritical on the fact that I almost can not tolerate intolerance but I guess I would say that its just because of the mess of strenuous voices that are so annoying. But if thats the case, then I guess I am off topic! sweatdrop Sorry! *nods* that's your choice, but please just do not become one of those people that complain about how crappy the government is and how screwed up the decisions it makes are and then not vote and therefore not do anything about it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:17 pm
I will vote to support my beliefs. I just dislike debates and the constant strenuous voices when arguing. sweatdrop It gets annoying when your grandma has the television on the news hours after hours for days upon days. whee
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:31 am
Shikalee mofoslotmachine Shikalee Then you both misinterpreted my statement, which was poor on both your part. My point was, she said she could do it better, and I said I seriously doubt she could. "If I was writing it..." Or something along those lines. I'd like to see her pull off a good story, and fill in character concepts plus visual aide. When did she say she could write it better? Have any idea what thread it was in? It was so off topic I can't find it. Alright, I found the thread in question and followed it back, and attilathefun didn't say anything about writing it herself. She said that Kishimoto, as the writer, is in control of the story and could change things, then this exchange happened (I've snipped a lot of unneccesary stuff out): Shikalee Captain Verd In response to what you said to Attila, we shouldn't have to come up with situations where Ino or Chouji could defeat Hidan. What she's trying to say is that Kishimoto made Hidan in such a way that only Shikamaru would be able to do anything against him. Not only is he molding the situation so Ino and Chouji are in the background, he gave Hidan and Kakuzu skills that would cause Shikamaru to be the number one man in the situation. I don't see why you guys find a need to complain. Kishimoto made a choice for it to be the way HE wanted it to be. I wouldn't have liked it any different, because it wouldn't have been his story. It would've been yours or the other people here. And I am pretty damn sure you guys can't write like Kishimoto does. So no, nobody made any comparisons between themselves and Kishimoto but you. That's why your response was ridiculous and that's why attilathefun pointed out that ridiculousness rather than responding properly.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:15 pm
Economic Left/Right: -6.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74
My position on that political compass is almost exactly the same as Gandhi, only a minute smidge more libertarian eek
I can't say much on where I stand with the American political system, since I'm Australian. But I pretty much always vote for the Greens, when possible. Political parties can argue all they want, but if we keep abusing nature we're going to REALLY see some things to whine about.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:50 pm
Political positions are so confusing. A test said that I'm Liberal, but I agree more with Republican. This is what I say, when you're voting, don't look at the guy with the shiny smile and say, "Oh, he's perfect." And never vote for a woman. Woman control men, not contries. But since I'm single, a country doesn't sound to bad...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:01 am
Mercution This is what I say, when you're voting, don't look at the guy with the shiny smile and say, "Oh, he's perfect." True. If everybody ran for office with a brown paper bag over their heads, we might get slightly more competent leadership. Quote: And never vote for a woman. Woman control men, not contries. But I just got finished with a debate on feminism! Please tell me you're joking? A woman with the same qualifications and capabilities as a man runs for the same office as a man, and you'd vote for her (possibly less-qualified) opponent because of her gender? Do we need paper bags over genitals, too? EDIT: I'm sorry. I was rude and disrespectful in my reaction. My only excuse is, I just got out of a prolonged debate in GD where one of the people with whom I was debating refused to respect me or my opinions, and I got so tired of trying to answer him respectfully and intelligently that the next statement I came across got the brunt of me being frustrated. Which really isn't a good excuse. I hope you'll accept my apology. If you were serious, why do you believe that women shouldn't run for office? (Any office? National office?)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 pm
I am a very good example of John Stewart Mill's Utilitarian Liberal. Maximize personal freedoms and civil liberties so long as they do not infringe on the rights of others, yadda yadda yadda. Economics: I prefer a mixed system, with the bare essentials, such as power and water, be state-controlled, so that they can run at a loss, should it be necessary, but the rest being free market. I believe in proportional taxing, as opposed to a flat rate.
I very much disapprove of paternalists and moralists (typical social conservatives), because they curb freedoms based on their opinions as to what's acceptable, beyond anything that infringes on the rights of others.
Political Correctness is a liability, and is strictly a method of controlling language, and thus I tend to not adhere to it. I call a spade a spade, so to speak. I am for the legalization and strict regulation of quality of drugs (yep, all of 'em), and am pro-choice. I do not buy into environmental hysteria (logging companies ARE NOT CHOPPING DOWN THE RAINFOREST), I support hydrogen combustion engines, but not ethanol fuels, I am anti-gun control, and, most importantly, I believe in the strict adherence to the values put forth by the Constitution.
Oh, I almost forgot. I don't give a rat's a** if I offend you.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|