Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *~*Book Discussions/Summaries/Debates*~*
The 'currently reading' thread. Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many books do you read at a time?
  1
  2
  3
  4
  5
  6
  7
  8
  9
  10+
View Results

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 pm


I am currently reading a relatively old book entitled Japan Handbook by J.D. Bisignani. It was originally written in 1947. It is really well written and talks all about Japan, the people and customs. It was republished in 1983, (the edition I have) and historically is very interesting as it talks about what life was like in 1947 in Japan and the United States and what to expect and how to act. I really enjoy reading these types of books.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:51 am


Hello out there! Oh well. I am currently reading "Curtain" by Agatha Christie. It is my least favourite Christie book of all time. I have never liked it, but I am attempting to reread it and gain a fresh perspective. So far, not good.

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:36 am


Hello everyone (mostly myself in here! hahaha) I am now reading The Return of Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse. I love Wodehouse. He really makes me laugh.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:23 am


I am currently reading an Agatha Christie story. Death on the Nile. I love this story and am rereading it!

kitsune lady


~Lady So Divine~
Captain

8,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:50 pm


"Tattoo" authored by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
A story about four girls applying fake tattoos and somehow getting mixed up in a war that lasted for centuries after recieving powers from these temporary tattoos.
"Fathers and Sons" authored by Ivan Turgenev
A Russian novel I have to read for Humanities: Romantiscism through Oresent Day in my college class.


Recently completed:
"Eclipse" authored by Stephenie Meyer
The third book in a series about a girl who falls in love with a vampire and is determined to love him for eternity. Along the way her best friend, a werewolf seems to get in the way because of his undying love for her.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 pm


I am currently Reading Parallel Heat by Deidre Knight. It's the second book in a series. It's a paranormal romance,and it also has some stuff in it that isn't pg-13 if you get my meaning, so those of you who aren't allowed to read books like that, really don't want to get this book.

Thrift-shop Bong


Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:17 pm


I just finished this really interesting book written by Banana Yoshimoto entitled Kitchen. It is really two stories in one book. I just finished Kitchen (the first story). I am three quarters of the way through Moonlight Shadow. This is by a Japanese author and an unusual book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is a really offbeat story about a young woman who is an orphan raised by her grandmother who had just passed away. It is a really unusual story as she is a free spirited girl in Japan!

Next I am going to read Art the The Northwest Coast by Aldona Johaitis. It is about all the various forms of art put out in the Pacific Northwest Coastline from Alaska to the Puget Sound by Native American artists. It begins with Prehistoric times and continues on to the present.

Then I am beginning The Royal Tombs of Egypt by Zahi Hawass. It is an HUGE coffee table book with loads of smashing photographs and drawings along with in depth analyses of the deeply held beliefs of the Kings and Queens of andciet Egypt.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:08 pm


I am currently read The mystery's of Udolpho. It is very good, though it is a long book, and kind of long winded, but good.

Dewdew


Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:06 am


I just finished Moonlight Shadow last weekend. I think it was a far better book than Kitchen and I had enjoyed that one! Banana Yoshimoto is a relatively progressive and controversial writer in many ways. It was fun to read.

I had to return the Egyptian book to the library at the college and didn't want to! It was a lovely book.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:32 pm


I am SOOO excited! I have been looking for a book called Before the Fact by Frances Iles since I first saw the movie Suspicion by Alfred Hitchcock. In the movie Cary Grant was starring as Johnnie and I learned the studio executives forced Hitchcock to change the story. Neither Grant nor Hitchcock wished to do this, but they would not release the movie if it was not redone. Well, there and then I decided I wanted to read it. Ha, damn thing is and has been out of print forever and no libraries carry it and it costs a packet on the internet! So the other day I was in the library and I see this old bland looking book, Three Famous Mysteries. And I open it up and what is the first story in it? YES, Before the Fact. Not even the librarians realized it. Computers just allow you to type in titles, not full descriptions of stories in Omnibus editions. I just finished it. It is a really wonderful book, well written, suspenseful and totally different than the movie, which by the way, was well done. I hope some of you can find it too!

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:18 am


I am now reading The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie. Anyone else out there or am I alone in this Guild too?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 am


I am currently reading "Freakonomics". I don't have the book on me so I can't say who it's by.

Madness Satire


~Lady So Divine~
Captain

8,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 am


Right now I am reading nothing but text books but I have bought several books by author Luanne Rice who is an amazing writer- she is one of my favorites for the moment.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 am


I started following a book club in my new town and reading the current book:

Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross

The prologue year is "The year of our lord 814" the 25th day of wintarmanoth which is the day Joan is born.

Her father is a christian priest named Canon and her mother is a "baptized heathen" or a former Saxon Pagan, named Godrun with long white gold hair and beautiful blue eyes who nearly dies in delivering her third child, and her only girl.

~Lady So Divine~
Captain

8,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

-CinnamamanniC-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:58 pm


Ok here it goes!
"Proven Guilty" by Jim Butcher
"Blue Bloods" by Melissa de la Cruz
"The Dead and the Gone" by Susan Beth Pfeffer
"Babylone" by Catherine Jinks
"Pagan's Scribe" by Catherine Jinks
"Pagan in Excile" by Catherine Jinks
"the Softwire virus on orbis 1" by PJ Haarsma
"the Magicians and Mrs. Quent" by Galen Beckett
and I think thats all of them. I didn't list the manga because...the last names are too long
Reply
*~*Book Discussions/Summaries/Debates*~*

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//