Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild
No new slayer after season five, plot hole? Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SgtElias
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:16 pm


paradoxical
SgtElias
paradoxical
Ori
Ori's Slayer Lineage Theory


That's interesting, I've never really thought of Dawn as a Buffy 2.0 slayer before, nice new veiw point. 3nodding


There are a lot of people that think that Dawn should have been a potential. I don't, though. There are so many of her friends that have powers and connections. I was glad to add Dawn to the list that started and ended with "Xander."


I don't think Dawn would be emotionally strong enough.. Even though I am a fan of hers, as far as her being a potential goes it just wouldn't suit her character.


Besides, she's already the key. Or was. I swear, everyone she knows. . . Ah well. Must be fate.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:32 pm


SgtElias
paradoxical
SgtElias
paradoxical
Ori
Ori's Slayer Lineage Theory


That's interesting, I've never really thought of Dawn as a Buffy 2.0 slayer before, nice new veiw point. 3nodding


There are a lot of people that think that Dawn should have been a potential. I don't, though. There are so many of her friends that have powers and connections. I was glad to add Dawn to the list that started and ended with "Xander."


I don't think Dawn would be emotionally strong enough.. Even though I am a fan of hers, as far as her being a potential goes it just wouldn't suit her character.


Personally I think it would be more interesting to be the key then a potential.. I mean "hey I'm a big ball of energy! Whoot!" vs. "...yeah I might be a Slayer someday.."
Besides, she's already the key. Or was. I swear, everyone she knows. . . Ah well. Must be fate.

paradoxical


Tyo_Blu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:10 am


paradoxical
Personally I think it would be more interesting to be the key then a potential.. I mean "hey I'm a big ball of energy! Whoot!" vs. "...yeah I might be a Slayer someday.."
She'll never be a Slayer in the sense of having any of the Slayer powers. The universe already thinks that she has them, so she's only ever going to be Dawn. And she no longer opens anything so she'll never be a Key again.

Basically, she's the dud of the Slayer line. No powers. No heritage. xp
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:20 am


Ori
paradoxical
Personally I think it would be more interesting to be the key then a potential.. I mean "hey I'm a big ball of energy! Whoot!" vs. "...yeah I might be a Slayer someday.."
She'll never be a Slayer in the sense of having any of the Slayer powers. The universe already thinks that she has them, so she's only ever going to be Dawn. And she no longer opens anything so she'll never be a Key again.

Basically, she's the dud of the Slayer line. No powers. No heritage. xp


Poor Dawn sad

Saiyajin-Neko

Magnetic Phantom

9,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

paradoxical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:01 pm


Ori
paradoxical
Personally I think it would be more interesting to be the key then a potential.. I mean "hey I'm a big ball of energy! Whoot!" vs. "...yeah I might be a Slayer someday.."
She'll never be a Slayer in the sense of having any of the Slayer powers. The universe already thinks that she has them, so she's only ever going to be Dawn. And she no longer opens anything so she'll never be a Key again.

Basically, she's the dud of the Slayer line. No powers. No heritage. xp


Technically she always is "the key," even if she's out of that business... but yes that does suck for her.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:19 pm


Yeah, being a mystical key, having all your memories made up, but having no powers? That would suck.

SgtElias
Crew


Cerri Kali`Diah

3,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:39 pm


SgtElias
Yeah, being a mystical key, having all your memories made up, but having no powers? That would suck.


That always ticked me off. Yeah, okay, so she's not "eligible" for Slayer status. But she was a transdimensional Key, for crying out loud! So, she opens the door once, and THAT'S IT? One would think that she would wield some kewl-a** teleportational or portal powers or something. But, nooooooo. She ends up getting practically IGNORED.

Really, may as well have made the spell that transformed her into a human end once the portal closed again, and the Key disappear completely (if it was only a one-use thing) for all the acknowlegement she got following Buffy's resurrection.

This is why I LOVE fanfiction.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:58 pm


I know, but I also liked Dawn human and normal, too, specifically because you can count the number of "normal" people that Buffy hangs around with on one hand with four fingers tied behind your back.

SgtElias
Crew


Cerri Kali`Diah

3,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:13 pm


SgtElias
I know, but I also liked Dawn human and normal, too, specifically because you can count the number of "normal" people that Buffy hangs around with on one hand with four fingers tied behind your back.


This is true. But then, normal is grossly overrated. Not to mention, she was CREATED as something "special". If you want someone normal in there, then start them OFF as normal. Or, at least give them a bit more attention when you strip them of their specialness. The way she was just pushed aside after Buffy's resurrection (especially in the last season) just did not sit well with me.

Advocates Against the Mistreatment of Dawn UNITE!

Um ... heh ... sorry. I have a cold, and I'm a bit dosed on NyQuil right now (mmmm, cherry). whee I'll be over here ... passed out. 'Nite.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:16 pm


KaliDiah
SgtElias
I know, but I also liked Dawn human and normal, too, specifically because you can count the number of "normal" people that Buffy hangs around with on one hand with four fingers tied behind your back.


This is true. But then, normal is grossly overrated. Not to mention, she was CREATED as something "special". If you want someone normal in there, then start them OFF as normal. Or, at least give them a bit more attention when you strip them of their specialness. The way she was just pushed aside after Buffy's resurrection (especially in the last season) just did not sit well with me.

Advocates Against the Mistreatment of Dawn UNITE!

Um ... heh ... sorry. I have a cold, and I'm a bit dosed on NyQuil right now (mmmm, cherry). whee I'll be over here ... passed out. 'Nite.


Not a problem. I don't mean to imply that having powers is bad, it's just that EVERYONE she knows does, and it's nice, even if Dawn WAS shunted aside, that she ended up being a normal teen.

SgtElias
Crew


paradoxical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:29 pm


SgtElias
KaliDiah
SgtElias
I know, but I also liked Dawn human and normal, too, specifically because you can count the number of "normal" people that Buffy hangs around with on one hand with four fingers tied behind your back.


This is true. But then, normal is grossly overrated. Not to mention, she was CREATED as something "special". If you want someone normal in there, then start them OFF as normal. Or, at least give them a bit more attention when you strip them of their specialness. The way she was just pushed aside after Buffy's resurrection (especially in the last season) just did not sit well with me.

Advocates Against the Mistreatment of Dawn UNITE!

Um ... heh ... sorry. I have a cold, and I'm a bit dosed on NyQuil right now (mmmm, cherry). whee I'll be over here ... passed out. 'Nite.


Not a problem. I don't mean to imply that having powers is bad, it's just that EVERYONE she knows does, and it's nice, even if Dawn WAS shunted aside, that she ended up being a normal teen.


Well.. as normal as she could get having a slayer sister and living on a hellmouth.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:02 pm


I know all that, but she heself couldn't DO anything. Okay, so she probably had more weapons knowledge under the age of fifty, but still. . .

I think it would be cool if she was a Watcher.

SgtElias
Crew


Elrenda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:24 pm


I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet...but it says something about the "plot hole" you mention in seventh season somewhere. It explains it this way:

When Buffy died in first season, a new slayer was called, and the slayer line was then carried over to Kendra. So, when Kendra died, a new slayer was called. And the slayer line was then transferred to Faith. So, when Buffy died, since the slayer line was no longer being carried on by her, no new slayer was called. If Faith had died, however, a new slayer would have been called.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:07 am


Yes, we have that. It's just that all through seventh season, Buffy goes on and on about how SHE has to die for another slayer to be called.

SgtElias
Crew


paradoxical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:33 am


SgtElias
Yes, we have that. It's just that all through seventh season, Buffy goes on and on about how SHE has to die for another slayer to be called.


Which defenitely wouldn't be the case, hypothetically speaking. 3nodding Dawn as a watcher would defenitely be cool, she'd be like a mini Giles. (Or even better, Wesley.)
Reply
The Buffyverse. A Buffy the vampire slayer and Angel guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//