|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:12 am
Drake, from above, saw what had happened to Archi and the fruit-stand, and half-chuckled at the remark that Archi said. He made up his mind. He started landing, and about 3 feet from the ground, he transformed into a human again. He was standing next to Archi. There's a whole path of cleared out space! that troll didn't stop for nothing, did he? There's a trail going all the way up Broadway, toward Dolly Sisters, and finally into the shades. I can't really track him very well from there, because the alleys are too small. What should we do?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:59 am
((Could you clarify your post regarding me, Shishio? Not sure what you meant by: And was not quaking or shaking one bit or you'll do pushups till he gets tired, indeed. I might just be lacking in the brains dept.))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:47 am
((OOC: another question: will it cost me five xp every time I turn into a vampire, or is it something that I have officially gained?))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:48 pm
((Colon is the one "not quaking and shaking." Drake can transform anytime now. And Archi...))
Up ahead of the two watchmen was the troll. It seemed to have rammed head first into a stone well...
Nobby lie next to the well, clearly out of breath. "Wha'z 'appen...?"
Herein lies the challenge, though... The troll must be brought in for questioning... (No matter that Nobby may have been the one in the wrong.) So, how are two fresh recruits to arrest a troll?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:56 pm
Drake turns to Archi, and says "I have an idea: You take Nobby to safety, and ask him what happened. Meanwhile I can follow the troll, as a bat so he doesn't see me. I'll see what he's up to, and maybe I'll even convince him to come quietly, though I doubt it. What do you think?"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:48 pm
Archi was still uncomfortable talking to, or even being around, Drake. Was being an accomplis to being a vampire in the watch a crime? More importantly, would Vimes think it was? Well, there wasn't much he could do about that now. Nobby didn't look to have taken any permanent damage. Archi wasn't too crash hot on troll anatomy, but he didn't think it had either. Still, niether of them would be walking any time soon. He hoped. Uh, I don't think you'll have to worry about chasing the troll, doesn't look like it'll be getting up anytime soon. Still, we should probably bring him in for questioning. Somehow... You lot are strong aren't you? Can you lift him? Or maybe one of us should go get seargant Detritus. But it wouldn't be Archi, the coppers walk really took it out of you, and he didn't much like the idea of being left alone with an angry troll, who knew when it would get up again? Or we could just wait till the others get here. Did he just see a toe twitch? A great big granite toe? No, it had to be his imagination, had to be. Still, the wall didn't look too thick. Imagination's a terrible thing for a copper to have.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:57 pm
Drake, noticing Archi's not-too-hidden uncomfortableness, decided to do try something else. Yes, our 'lot' is strong, He said, emphasizing greatly the word 'lot'. But not that strong. I think we'd better get detritus over here as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile, I think you should take sargent Nobbs to a safe distance, and watch from there. Should the troll wake up, just follow him. Maybe I should get Sargeant Angua in that case, so she can follow you. as he said this, he turned into a bat again. He started flying up, but suddenly changed his direction and came back down again. He re-transformed into his human form, and turned to Archi. I'm not a bad guy, you know. I don't suck the blood out of people or anything like that. i admit that I used to, but not for fun. It's like humans. Humans eat cows, and yet are not considered evil. I hate that analogy, because it sounds like we're herding you. But it has its own truth. We are not, in general, bad. Just missunderstood. I really hope that we can work this out, because I'm gonna need all the support I can get after talking to Vimes. That is gonna be a pretty ugly time. Har har.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:18 am
Missunderstood? They lived in great big pointy castles on spooky hilltops in the middle of nowhere, they drank the blood of humans, they insisted in eveningwear in the afternoon, and they were missunderstood? Alright, so Drake wore a watch uniform like everyone else, and he didn't actually drink human blood anymore, and Archi was pretty sure he didn't live in a big pointy castle, but still...Missunderstood was the kind of term you used for the old man across the road who was just slightly mad because everyone he knew was dead and had a bad temper. It didn't seem quite the right word to apply to blood sucking creatures of the night. Was that another twitch? Archi hefted the small body of Nobby Nobbs over one shoulder, then put it down, wrapped his hankerchief around his nose, and picked it up again. You could almost imagine it blocked out the smell. Then he went and hid around the corner.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:33 am
Drake turned into a bat, again, and flew off into the sky, headed in the general direction of the watch house. When he got near, he flew over an ally, and, once inside, transformed again. He left the ally into the street, and walked toward the watch house. He walked in, and started looking around. When he couldn't find Sargeant Detritus, he decided to take the easy way and ask. In a loud voice, he said: "Sargeant Detritus? are you HERE? WE NEED YOUR HELP!"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:58 pm
OOC: A long time ago, I was RPing in the original watch thread. As I remember i was apprenticed to Igor at the time. What happened to the old thread?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:49 am
Fadookie OOC: A long time ago, I was RPing in the original watch thread. As I remember i was apprenticed to Igor at the time. What happened to the old thread? ((You were sent a PM about the Greant Ankh-Morpork fire. The guild had died, and with all the threads still showing errors from extra posts that weren't there, I deleted it.So, we have a clean start here, because most of the original watch had disappeared on me. Drake, RS... I'm waiting on TheWolf before I post the next bit. If he doesn't post by tomorrow, which is about a week, I'll move on.))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:07 pm
((Sorry for not posting. I couldn't see exactly what to post next. My character was pretty much out of the action currently, and I assumed that the others would be pursuing the runaway troll alone. I'm still not sure what sort of post you're expecting, Shishio?))
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:23 am
(ooc) You might want to check the very important thread at the top of the forum dude. I don't think what you do next in the rp really matters anymore. And I still can't think of anything to say there.(ooc)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:52 am
(ooc)Okay so things are dying around here and that seems more than a shame. I'm not sure about rules and things but I don't see why we can't get this thread up and running again, whatever the status of the rest of the guild. I was thinking either we get a new dungeon master or whatever you call it, I'm willing to do the job if no one else is. Or...we just sort of make it up as we go along, turn it into sort of a combined writing piece. I'd like to keep playing Archi if I could, but that would be kind of hard if I was leading things. Also we need to kidnap some people and force them to post regularly. I'm done anyway.(ooc)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:42 am
OOC: I think that it would make very much sense if you were to take over Vimes, just because of your writing style. And I have no problem with it, so if anybody else does, speak now or forever hold your pieces.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|