|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:13 pm
Mysti adjusted her glasses a bit and then replied to Autumn.
"Oh! Thank you. And... um... I didn't. But Ravenclaw. I don't think I've met you before either."
Mysti wasn't too good at talking to new people, and that's why she'd mainly been talking to Kanita. Mysti did want to try to make new friends, so she thought she'd try to continue conversation.
"I think I've seen you before though. You're in Ravenclaw too, aren't you?" She asked, scratching the back of her neck where her dark brown hair in her ponytail was tickling it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:19 pm
Smacking her palm to her forehead, a stinging smack resounded. Whincing, Kani rubbed her head. 'A little less forceful next time I think.'
"Of course, I don't believe I even considered putting a spell on it. I just realised the day and apparated to Diagon Alley before the rush of school shoppers infested the streets." Glancing out the pub's dirt streaked window, she noted to keep near the walls to avoid the worse of the crowd.
Nudging Autumn with her shoulder, Kani put up the pretense of being insulted. Complete with the hand to her chest and lips parted in a '0' stance.
"I'll have you know..." stumped on how to continue she just gave Autumn a quick, sly smile. Then she slumped back into her wooden throne in a relaxed position.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:50 pm
Autumn laughed at Kani's spechlessness, but the reverted back to Mysti. "Oh! You're Revenclaw too, huh? I thought I'd seen your face somewhere." She shook her head at herself, feeling a little foolish not knowing her fellow housemate. But then again, it's impossible to get to know everyone. She quickly turned her head to Kani and her face brightened.
"Kani! You've turned seventeen already? I can't believe I'd forgotten. So, how is it anyway, not having the Trace anymore?" Autumn hated only being sixteen. Apparating was one of the things she most looked forward to.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:57 pm
Kairi said good-bye to her new friends and with bags in hand, headed for the door. Before stepping out, she quickly went back to the table.
"How about we meet here tomorrow, and we can go to the field after? I can get some books before-hand... Is that okay? What time is best?"
Kairi smiled at her friends ignoring the pain of the heavy bags in her hands.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:35 pm
"That would be great, unfortunetally I have work tomorrow." Kani spat out 'work' with particular vibrance. How she hated her job at the register. It proved to be boring and unpleasant at times, particularly when a crude customer felt like sharing their misery. But the pay was good, and her parent's no longer wanted to just hand her money anymore. Some brilliant friend of their's put the idea in her parent's head of working for money. She scoffed at the thought. Jealous that her older sisters never got this treatment, but all the while knowing it would be good for her character building.
"Maybe I'll be able to manage getting off early and stopping in..." she mused and played with the thought. Knowing her boss would never excuse her on such a busy day. And Sunday's were always their busiest.
"Hopefully if I'm able I'll find you guys in here when later. Tehe, I'm so sorry Autumn, You really are missing out." Kani teased as she apparated with a loud crack on her friend's other side.
"How about I drop my luggage off at home, finish work, and head back to your place Autumn?" she then bid goodbye to everyone, kissing each of their cheeks and Apparated away. Bags and all.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:32 am
Kairi laughed as Kanita Apparated away.
She looked at the other girls. "I guess we can meet here and chat, and once everyone is here we can go. We have plenty of time, so we can wait for Kanita and anyone else."
Kairi shifted her weight onto her other foot and said, "Well I've got to go. I'll see you lot here tomorrow, then?"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:34 pm
The next day, Kairi walked into the Leaky Cauldron with her bag on her shoulder. In the bag, she had her usual stuff, but had one extra thing. She had a book called Baseball: Learn the Basics!.
Kairi looked around and saw none of her friends and house-mates were there yet.
She ordered a butterbeer and saw down at a medium sized table.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:47 pm
((I hope you don't mind if I come in. ^^))
Wandering in the Leaky Cauldron, Penelope yawned behind her hand and put on her square glasses. She was wanting to have better eye sight today, and it would be best if she wore her glasses. Wandering over to the bar, she ordered a Gillywater with a lime. As the barman buisied himself making Penny's order, Penelope looked around the bar for a familiar face.
She spotted a girl a bit younger than her sitting by herself at a table. Frowning, Penelope wanted to put a name to a face. She knew the girl was a 4th year, and in Ravenclaw...but what was her name? It started with a K...Kanri? Kandy? Kairi! That's it?
The barman finished making her drink and Penelope took it and gave the barman a few sickles. Wandering over to the table, Penelope sat across from the girl. "Ciao, Kairi!"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:39 pm
All of a sudden someone came to the table Kairi was sitting at. It was not a Ravenclaw, but a Hufflepuff.
"Oh! Hello.. you're a Hufflepuff right? You're older than me, I know...but.. I'm sorry but I can't think of your name."
Kairi knew she had seen this girl in the halls before, she had always smiled at Kairi as they passed; she remembered the square glasses.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:59 pm
"It's alright," Penny grinned, pushing a spare strand of curly brown hair out of her face. She had never spoken to Kairi before, they were in different houses and years, it didn't give them very many chances to talk. "I'm Penelope, 6th year, and yes, Hufflepuff." Dropping her lime into her gillywater and stirring it a few times, Penelope took a sip. "So how are you doing? I've been really well, summer has been so alesaggio-sorry, boring, though! My sister Lauren has been cooped up in her room and Mama just wants to take me clothes shopping..."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:31 pm
Kairi listened to the new friend and grinned.
"Cool, as you probably know I'm a 4th year Ravenclaw. My summer wasn't very eventful either. Are you getting ready to go to Diagon Alley?"
Kairi was glad that she had someone else to talk to. She sipped her butterbeer.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:38 pm
"I was here yesterday, actually, but well-I got her kindof late and didn't get anything," She shrugged lightly, taking another sip of her drink. "Okay, I spent too much time looking at the brooms in Quality Quidditch supplies and the owls and cats in the pet shops. Oh, and Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes." Penelope grinned, and then laughed. "Mama wasn't that happy I spent a bit of my money on a biting teacup-haven't tried it yet though. But anyways, yeah, I need some 'practical' school supplies. Like books, and I need new robes too."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:47 pm
Kairi beamed at Penelope.
"I know what you mean, I often come here just to look around at all the jokes shops and such. I got all my shopping done yesterday, and I was supposed to meet some friends here today but I guess they're running late."
As Kairi said this she looked around and saw no one else she recognized.
"I'm sort of excited about school," she said as she looked back at the Hufflepuff, "Its always fun and exciting!"
Kairi smiled again at the thought of her favorite place, Hogwarts.
"So, do you have any pets?" She sipped her almost empty butterbeer.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:03 pm
"Ah, tardiness," Penelope said in a voice imitating what could have been an old, wise man, almost a Gandalf type character. "A curse to the wise, to the brave, to the foolish, to the normal." She laughed and twirled her straw in her drink. "But hey, I don't really think being late isn't a bad thing. But that's not like I'm really that smart anyways."
Giggling, she took another sip, and nodded when Kairi admitted she was excited about school. "I love Hogwarts, it's so much fun!" With a pang of guilt Penelope thought about her sister and her clear jealousy, but shrugged and cleared her sister out of her mind. When Kairi asked about a pet, Penelope grinned. "Black cat named Catastrophe."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:19 pm
Kairi finished her butterbeer off and set the mug down next to the baseball book on the table.
"I have an owl, shes black and smaller than most, her name is Aria."
She smiled at the thought of her best and loyal friend.
Kairi looked down at her watch.
"Bloody.... Ugh, well I'm sorry but my mom is going to want me home. How about we meet here tomorrow?"
Kairi smiled and said good-bye as she slipped off the chair, bag and book in hand, and hurried off into the busy London streets.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|