Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply *~*Book Discussions/Summaries/Debates*~*
The 'currently reading' thread. Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many books do you read at a time?
  1
  2
  3
  4
  5
  6
  7
  8
  9
  10+
View Results

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:42 pm


King Of Torts: John Grisham.
Have picked up a few other Grisham novels. Hope to read them as well
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:01 pm


I finished Wild Roses, and it was a pretty good book. ^^

I am now reading The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. I like it alot, actually. I'm almost finished.

This Saturday I'm leaving for March Break to go skiing. So pelase excuse my unactive..ness. D: I'll be bringing New Moon by Stephanie Meyer and Queen Of The Damned with me to the trip. ^^
Vampires, yo. 8D

(And probably three manga to..namely Death Note 10....)

Profusion of Pink


I.C.E._Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:44 am


Am reading The Lazarus Vendetta
Robert Ludlum
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:53 pm


My Sister's Keeper, and Storm Front

ibi iam


Chikara Kitsune Takashi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:11 pm


Finished "A.K.A Goddes", and it was really good! Currently reading "Dragonsinger", the second book in the Harper Hall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey. I've read it before, but I'm re-reading it cause I just checked the third book in the series (Dragondrums) from my library. And it's as good as I remember!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:29 am


I have to agree about Dragonsinger. It is one of my favorite books too. Right now I am reading "Culture Shock! Britain" by Terry Tan. A survival guide to Customs and Etiquette. It is a series of books written about different countries and what to expect if you move there or live there an extended period of time. I have already read the "Culture Shock! Japan edition, which was also very good. What is really interesting about this particular book is that it was NOT written by an American. They usually seem to be written by an American who lives in whatever country. This one was written by a man from Hong Kong who dealt with not only originally having only an asian perspective of life, but Chinese to boot. He was from Singapore, but always wanted to go to England. He talks about not only his viewpoint, but the viewpoint of others like the immigrants from India, America, Iraq, etc. SO in this book he discusses all the things that JUST ARE NOT DONE in England. Things that were no big deal where he came from which were a very big deal there, yet he loves it there and has no lived there over 30 years. I am really enjoying it. He also tells all about the country itself. It is a good read if you are considering going to England.

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:42 pm


Hmm, I am having a conversation with myself here! I just finished reading Orphan Star by Alan Dean Foster. It is around the fourth book in a series of Pip and Flinx adventures. Science fiction/fantasy of course and loads of fun. They are old books, but he recently wrote two or three more in the series, so I guess it is now ongoing! They are stories about a boy who found himself in a slave market in Drallar on the Planet Moth and who was purchased by a very very old woman who took very good care of him and what happened to him next. Why he was there, etc. It is about his life, he has some unusual abilities. It is a fun series.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 am


In the midst of Pride and Prejudice <3!

Komurin Your Face


~Lady So Divine~
Captain

8,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:17 pm


I am in the midst of SEVERAL books:
The Alchmist
Summer of Roses
Bag of Bones
*Adaline Falling Star
Wicked Quartet: *Curse, *Witch, Legacy, Spellbound
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:54 am


Cruising through Sir Authur Conan Doyle`s written works.

WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:53 am


Hi! I am now breezing my way through Culture Shock! Canada, and Foundation's Edge by Isaac Asimov. Plus I am listening to The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie in the car!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:01 pm


I am soooo happy, Holly Black has a new book called Ironside! I'm reading it now and it's soo good!

After I'm done with it, I'm gonna be reading the first three books in Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles", because my local Borders had a three-books-in-one book for only a dollar more than one alone would have cost ^__^

Chikara Kitsune Takashi


WildWildWindWhisperer

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:03 am


Not currently reading much... have browsed several gardening manules. But nothing that takes a sit down
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:09 am


Hi everyone! I imagine most of you are reading Harry Potter's latest adventure, but I am reading a classic. What ho, Jeeves! by P.G. Wodehouse.

Ms. Zorra
Crew

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

little cherry blossom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:48 am


I imagined everyone would be reading Harry Potter too! But no one is saying so. I don't bother with them myself, but all my friends are reading the last installment. I am reading "Whose Body?" a murder mystery by Dorothy L. Sayers. Oh and about three imported British Cross Stitching magazines! They are so much fun.
Reply
*~*Book Discussions/Summaries/Debates*~*

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//