Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Supernatural / Paranormal Guild

Back to Guilds

a nexus of all things supernatural and occult. 

Tags: paranormal, supernatural, ghosts, demons, occult 

Reply The Nexus (General Discussion)
Freemasons Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit


Skadi-The-Elf


Exploratory Abomination

19,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:44 am


90% of the crap you hear about freemasons is just that: crap. The are an esoteric society. They have some rituals. They have been involved in the past in overthrowing tyrannical governments (Both the American and French revolutions were instigated and led by Masons). Thats why governments don't trust them, which to me is a pretty good thing.

As far as the Illuminati, it was formed by a few renegade Freemasons and recruited heavily from Mason ranks.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:29 pm


Skadi-The-Elf
90% of the crap you hear about freemasons is just that: crap. The are an esoteric society. They have some rituals. They have been involved in the past in overthrowing tyrannical governments (Both the American and French revolutions were instigated and led by Masons). Thats why governments don't trust them, which to me is a pretty good thing.

As far as the Illuminati, it was formed by a few renegade Freemasons and recruited heavily from Mason ranks.


I think I'm more inclined to believe the word of actual Masons on what goes on in there than believe what conspiracy theorists with no evidence say.

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100


Skadi-The-Elf


Exploratory Abomination

19,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 am


Exactly. Most conspiracy theorists get their stuff from anti Masonic people who were in positions of extreme wealth and power (like monarchies and churches) whom the Freemasons challenged their absolute power.

Masons do alot of charitable work.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 am


My father is a Mason and I will be soon. You need only believe in a supreme being. Doesn't really matter which. Oh, and be over 18. The "ritual iniation" is really just the reinactment of the murder of King Solomon I believe. I could be wrong but I do remember its a reinactment of a murder.

Xanos Ikataki


Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:08 pm


Xanos Ikataki
My father is a Mason and I will be soon. You need only believe in a supreme being. Doesn't really matter which. Oh, and be over 18. The "ritual iniation" is really just the reinactment of the murder of King Solomon I believe. I could be wrong but I do remember its a reinactment of a murder.


I think it's actually the reenactment of the murder of the head builder of Solomon's Temple.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 pm


Obscurus
Xanos Ikataki
My father is a Mason and I will be soon. You need only believe in a supreme being. Doesn't really matter which. Oh, and be over 18. The "ritual iniation" is really just the reinactment of the murder of King Solomon I believe. I could be wrong but I do remember its a reinactment of a murder.


I think it's actually the reenactment of the murder of the head builder of Solomon's Temple.
Im fairly certain your right. He told me a few months ago and I do not often get a chance to speak with him.

Xanos Ikataki


Lady Regina Jane

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:30 am


Arch-Omega
The freemasons are a secret cult of people who practice rituals and worship a supreme being and other entities, possibly Baphomet.
I know for a fact that my grandfather was a freemason, and i wondered if anyone else knew about there supernatural worship or knew any members.
Apparently, to be a freemason you hve to be invited by another member, or be the son of a freemason, and then perform an initiation ritual.

WAAAAAAAAAAY Wrong, my firend ... waaaay wrong. Freemasonry is little more than a society that gets you connections that can be used for your own success and helping other people, freemason or not. I owe my ability to walk to the Freemasons. My family runs deep in it and I'm considering joining. The thing you appear to allude to is one of Freemasonry's most important rules: You must believe in a supreme being of some kind. They do not collectively worship any one being (as there are Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc in fremasonry). There is nothing in Masonry that can hurt you, physiccally or Spiritualy...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:23 am


There's a freemasons lodge right around here. There's a lot of secrecy about it...four people were murdered in it last year and the All-seeing eye was drawn from the blood of one of the people killed.

Incompertus



Skadi-The-Elf


Exploratory Abomination

19,000 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:43 pm


Incompertus
There's a freemasons lodge right around here. There's a lot of secrecy about it...four people were murdered in it last year and the All-seeing eye was drawn from the blood of one of the people killed.


Where exactly was this?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm


Skadi-The-Elf
Incompertus
There's a freemasons lodge right around here. There's a lot of secrecy about it...four people were murdered in it last year and the All-seeing eye was drawn from the blood of one of the people killed.


Where exactly was this?


Babylon, New York. It's on Long Island. It's just plain old myth, I've yet to find a single article on the event.

Incompertus


xnostalgicx4xdisasterx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:42 pm


My father is a 32nd degree freemason. The 33rd degree is about as high as you can go. They don't worship a demon named baphomet. They don't do anything in rituals to harm or embarrass you. Ritual is another name they use for reinactment. Like a play. The things they reinact are symbolic to thier teachings. Freemasonry is a group of guys with the same morals and values and beliefs. They're good people. The only reason for secrets is so that they have to stay together. It shows trustworthiness. And for whoever it was that asked about the "black light"...it's a "blue light", Because general places of meeting are called "blue lodge." The blue light goes on when a meeting of some kind is in session. When it's not on, it means nothings going on. My father is not only a master mason, but has degrees (another word for teachings) in the york right and scottish right... One including the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR, which you have to be CHRISTIAN to join ( so they're not died out compleately) I'm in the International Order of Job's Daughters. That's kind of like freemasonry for girls. We have rituals and secrets AND we meet in a masonic lodge (we call it a bethel). Instead of having degrees, we have epochs.. Anyways..what i'm trying to say is that there is nothing spooky, paranormal, or secret about freemasons. Evrerything they do has a symbolic meaning and purpose. In fact, you can find out a lot on the internet and check out the ritual books in the library of congress. If you want to know more about anything..from freemasonry to Job's daughers to DeMolay and inbetween..just ask..
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:53 am


As far as I know, you had to be sponsored by an existing member to join the Freemasons, it wasn't just "Hey, come on in!"

I've had an interest in becoming a Freemason ever since I worked at the Pizza Shop in town that was very close to it. I don't know any Freemasons firsthand though... so sponsorship would probably be a tad difficult. That, and i'm not currently a craftsman, anymore -- at least not professionally.

Nattfodd


Astennu Bastet

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:09 pm


Obscurus
Skadi-The-Elf
90% of the crap you hear about freemasons is just that: crap. The are an esoteric society. They have some rituals. They have been involved in the past in overthrowing tyrannical governments (Both the American and French revolutions were instigated and led by Masons). Thats why governments don't trust them, which to me is a pretty good thing.

As far as the Illuminati, it was formed by a few renegade Freemasons and recruited heavily from Mason ranks.


I think I'm more inclined to believe the word of actual Masons on what goes on in there than believe what conspiracy theorists with no evidence say.
Indeed.

There has been talk of the Freemasons being some secret sect for some time, but I have never heard any real report of their being anything but an old and glorified fraternity.

I would like some solid proof before I go accusing people of being something and doing things they are very possibly not.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:40 am


Nattfodd
As far as I know, you had to be sponsored by an existing member to join the Freemasons, it wasn't just "Hey, come on in!"

I've had an interest in becoming a Freemason ever since I worked at the Pizza Shop in town that was very close to it. I don't know any Freemasons firsthand though... so sponsorship would probably be a tad difficult. That, and i'm not currently a craftsman, anymore -- at least not professionally.


Go to a masonic temple and ask to petition. They'll probably investagate you and sponser you right there. Thats how my dad did it.

xnostalgicx4xdisasterx


Falhalterra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:51 am


Heh, we have a Freemason Lodge out here...two I believe. Kind of odd, but they don't bother anyone and I just think it's fascinating how hidden they are but not exactly. You just don't notice it at first.

I think possibly someone on my dad's side might have been into Freemasonry, but who knows for sure.
Reply
The Nexus (General Discussion)

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//