|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:06 pm
BitchesBrew Invictus_88 BitchesBrew If someone could comit a crime a night they could do it in the daytime it makes very little difference. If your going to give someone a curfew you might as well give them house arrest. Except that most crime is done at night. From burglary to mugging, vandalism and rape.and if you dont allow people to go out at night its going to be done in the day. Unlikely.
You're more likely to be cought in the day, which is why the idea of curfew is actually successful.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 am
"All I'm saying is this: If you don't have a healty ( and by healthy, I mean paranoid) hate and fear of authoritarianism of any and all kinds, you haven't read 1984 enough times" rofl rofl rofl that book is hilarious because it could never happen in our society. we have the bureaucracy to prevent it from occuring. now brave new world is scary in the fact that much of that stuff is happening/has happened. you want a view of corruption outside of the government? look at the media, downtown cincinnati, and hollywood before you throw a stone at the gov't.
yes, criminals everywhere will commit their illegal acts in broad daylight. rolleyes they're not completely retarded. give them some credit.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
AmmonSuperCombo Vice Captain
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:38 am
We do have too many systems in place for the U.S. to ever get as bad as 1984...or, rather, as in your face as the government was in 1984.
Personally, I both like and dislike the idea of blanket curfews for teens. Like, mainly because teens at night can generally be pretty annoying in some of the areas I'm in. Dislike, because it's really not necessary to take the place of the parents - no matter how bad the parents are (which is always bad when we're talking about teens with problems).
As for blanket curfews for all residents in a city? That, I believe, would be way too far. I don't personally know of any cities that have this in place permanently. Does anyone have any examples?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:47 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:46 am
It depends,If the state or country got a terroist attack yes a cerfew should be in adfect,a hurricane or something happening like a earthquake yes. But not if its just for the police or medics dont want to be out that late.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:18 am
Oh, use common sense, would you all. If a teen is going to go out and, say, light a building on fire, believe me when I say that breaking curfew will not deter him in the least. People who are determined to break the law do not care how many laws, especially minor ones, prevent them from doing so. Curfews only restrict the innocent.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:56 pm
Chibi_Brigham Drewser Chibi_Brigham What is your opinion on curfews?Here where I live the curfew is 10:30 PM to 6:00 Am from Sunday to Thursday. On Friday and Saturday it is from 12:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Do you think this is right? Or is it wrong? Does it limit freedom and oppress the teen population or does it protect the community. Do you have a curfew? Do you like it? Does it help? Does it hurt? All in all what is your opinion on curfews and why?Not the most politically important thing but oh well......... In what we may call a "bad" naiborhood, it allows the cops to hold a person, in which it is legal to find drugs and search them. Thus keeping the streets a little cleaner. But that violates the 4th Amendment and its protection against unreasonable search and siezure.(in this case id's) There is such a thing as Probable Cause. If people look suspicous, and act suspicous...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:58 pm
DarthNader Curfews are the signature of authoritarianism Heil! rofl JK It really depends on the situation and circumstances, wouldn't you say?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:16 pm
DarthNader Invictus_88 DarthNader Invictus_88 DarthNader rarely does the population need more protection than from a government so mad with power they think they can put curfews. You know, a curfew can be placed by a local council or by a local police force. They can be placed only on the individuals who have been causing the problems. It need not be wholesale.The definition of irrelevant. it doesnt matter who imposes it: curfews are evil If that is your belief, then I'm led to believe that you've only a hazy understanding of the word evil.no, your mom has a hazy understanding of the word evil  All I'm saying is this: If you don't have a healty ( and by healthy, I mean paranoid) hate and fear of authoritarianism of any and all kinds, you haven't read 1984 enough times People shouldnt fear the government, no, the government should fear the people! That is true in all aspects of Governing.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm
blue_odessy DarthNader Curfews are the signature of authoritarianism Heil! rofl JK It really depends on the situation and circumstances, wouldn't you say? no. stare
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:10 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:46 pm
Son of Axeman Oh, use common sense, would you all. If a teen is going to go out and, say, light a building on fire, believe me when I say that breaking curfew will not deter him in the least. People who are determined to break the law do not care how many laws, especially minor ones, prevent them from doing so. Curfews only restrict the innocent. Very well said.
And yeah, I'm against curfews for teenagers. It should be the job of the parents to keep their kids at home if they know they're going to cause trouble, not the job of Big Brother.
Besides, don't you think the more henious crimes would generally be commited by adults? I mean, what's the worst a teenager's going to do nine times out of ten? Spray paint a school? Big ******** deal. rolleyes
I find it ******** sad that the entire teenage population is punished for crimes commited by a small percentage of teenagers. This is like trying to ban teenagers from driving because some of them drive recklessly and get themselves killed.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
Mature Audiences Only 2.0
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:08 pm
And where's the fun in that?
Give the little guys cars, and let 'em loose: we might be able to put some of it on cable television. Finally, worthwhile entertainment.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:04 pm
Mature Audiences Only 2.0 Son of Axeman Oh, use common sense, would you all. If a teen is going to go out and, say, light a building on fire, believe me when I say that breaking curfew will not deter him in the least. People who are determined to break the law do not care how many laws, especially minor ones, prevent them from doing so. Curfews only restrict the innocent. Very well said.
And yeah, I'm against curfews for teenagers. It should be the job of the parents to keep their kids at home if they know they're going to cause trouble, not the job of Big Brother.
Besides, don't you think the more henious crimes would generally be commited by adults? I mean, what's the worst a teenager's going to do nine times out of ten? Spray paint a school? Big ******** deal. rolleyes
I find it ******** sad that the entire teenage population is punished for crimes commited by a small percentage of teenagers. This is like trying to ban teenagers from driving because some of them drive recklessly and get themselves killed.Hear, hear. I agree with the fact that curfews restrict the innocent. Personally, I have no problem with curfews, but that's only because I would follow them. However, they are, at least, an infringement on human rights, and I am very much against that. I raise this as a question though: Hypothetically, if you were to commit a crime, wouldn't you rather do it during the night? I would be deterred from commiting a crime if I had to do it during the day.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:00 am
Depends on the crime. Easier to rob a house when everyone is gone to work than it is to rob a house when people are inside of it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|