|
|
| Better Couple |
| Zim and Gaz |
|
30% |
[ 27 ] |
| Dib and Tak |
|
30% |
[ 27 ] |
| Gir and Mimi |
|
38% |
[ 34 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 88 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:12 am
MiMi and GIR. =3 Y'know, I would LOVE to read a fanfic about that. X3
Then 2nd, Dib and Tak.
I don't like ZAGR. >>
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:28 am
Zim and Gaz: I doubt this would happen: their personalities don't compliment each other very well. Also, Gaz seems to me like a very cold person. She doesn't seem like she wants or needs a relationship with anyone, especially not a romantic one. Most of this may be her immaturity, she's about nine or ten years old, but I think it's more of a basic aspect to her character. As well as that, stupidity annoys her, and Zim has that in spades. I doubt she'd be able to take listening to one of his tirades. As for Zim, he hardly notices her. I think there's a basic respect level, but no more than that.
Dib and Tak: We don't see much of Tak, but we have to figure that she's a normal Irken. Also, she's much, *much* older than Dib, physically, mentally, and emotionally. She may also have respect for him as being 'smarter than the others', but she would still see him as very inferior. In human disguise she talked to him, and we are led to believe that there may have been a bit of one-sided friendship, but here's my explanation for that: Tak was attempting to act like a normal human. Humans are social animals. Dib would have been far more interesting to talk to than the 'normal' children: and maybe cement her guise as a sort of loner. Dib liked her because he is desperate for belief and support. She was one of the first to listen to him and take him seriously; she didn't mock him or call him crazy.
Gir and Mimi: Um...they're robots, and Gir is the ONLY SIR unit with an actual personality. I can see Gir forming emotional attatchments to inanimate objects, but Mimi is essentially a tool.
Zim and Dib: Physically impossible, but their personalities mesh better than any other two people on the show. I doubt they'll ever get over the 'I'm an alien, I want to destroy the world, I'm a human, I must stop you!' phase, but if they did, and suddenly 'magically' became homosexual, this relationship would definitely work out. Dib forms strong one-sided attatchments to people who believe his paranormal theories. Zim is a walking, talking honest-to-goodness alien. Zim needs someone to listen to him when he rants, and he tends to go on enormous tirades. Actually, he and Dib BOTH go at it on a regular basis anyway. They both have respect for each other as enemies, despite Zim's attempts to deny it. This would never be a touchy-feely relationship, but it would be fun as all Hell.
Dib and Gretchen: My favorie couple, although it's very one-sided. First of all, I want no one saying: 'OMG! Gretchen ees butt-ugly how dare u?!' That's just shallow and ignorant. Looks aside, I think this coupling is just adorable. Gretchen has an obvious crush on Dib, she gives him a LOT of meat slabs on Valentine's day, bats her eyes at him and everything. And then sobs her eyes out when Dib plays the ignorant jerk and totally ignores her for Tak. Boys at that age. Grr. Anyway, I think a lot could be done with this pairing.
Red and Purple: Once again, doubts about Irken sexuality and it's possible nonexistance aside, I think this pairing would be highly likely. Both of them have a playful sort of relationship. It always struck me as more of a relationship between siblings; with all the laser/smoke machine wars and the puppet incident, but they obviously have a working partnership. (Red shaking Purple's hand after the Zim thing, the way Red seems very indulgent of Purple in some parts. "Hey! I like snacks!" "He likes snacks, Zim.") Go Red and Purple!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:46 am
Hm...I don't really suport any of those...I'll have to go with Mimi and GIR because it's just ODD. xd
Dib/Zim is my favorite that isn't on the list, followed by Red/Purple. biggrin
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:31 am
Red and Purple! heart They also rock. 3nodding
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:43 am
i'll ahve to say gir and mimi
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:42 pm
Red and Purple is my FAVORITE!
I can't get enough of it.... heart
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:54 pm
I just wanted to say, Ivy-chan, that your analysis of the possible relationships between characters is clearly thought out and in some way satisfying to read. I feel the same way about a lot of the relationship you mentioned (except Dib and Gretchen, but only because I hardly know anything about Gretchen and don't really remember the character too well.) Ivy-chan Zim and Gaz: I doubt this would happen: their personalities don't compliment each other very well. Also, Gaz seems to me like a very cold person. She doesn't seem like she wants or needs a relationship with anyone, especially not a romantic one. Most of this may be her immaturity, she's about nine or ten years old, but I think it's more of a basic aspect to her character. As well as that, stupidity annoys her, and Zim has that in spades. I doubt she'd be able to take listening to one of his tirades. As for Zim, he hardly notices her. I think there's a basic respect level, but no more than that. Dib and Tak: We don't see much of Tak, but we have to figure that she's a normal Irken. Also, she's much, *much* older than Dib, physically, mentally, and emotionally. She may also have respect for him as being 'smarter than the others', but she would still see him as very inferior. In human disguise she talked to him, and we are led to believe that there may have been a bit of one-sided friendship, but here's my explanation for that: Tak was attempting to act like a normal human. Humans are social animals. Dib would have been far more interesting to talk to than the 'normal' children: and maybe cement her guise as a sort of loner. Dib liked her because he is desperate for belief and support. She was one of the first to listen to him and take him seriously; she didn't mock him or call him crazy. Gir and Mimi: Um...they're robots, and Gir is the ONLY SIR unit with an actual personality. I can see Gir forming emotional attatchments to inanimate objects, but Mimi is essentially a tool. Zim and Dib: Physically impossible, but their personalities mesh better than any other two people on the show. I doubt they'll ever get over the 'I'm an alien, I want to destroy the world, I'm a human, I must stop you!' phase, but if they did, and suddenly 'magically' became homosexual, this relationship would definitely work out. Dib forms strong one-sided attatchments to people who believe his paranormal theories. Zim is a walking, talking honest-to-goodness alien. Zim needs someone to listen to him when he rants, and he tends to go on enormous tirades. Actually, he and Dib BOTH go at it on a regular basis anyway. They both have respect for each other as enemies, despite Zim's attempts to deny it. This would never be a touchy-feely relationship, but it would be fun as all Hell. Dib and Gretchen: My favorie couple, although it's very one-sided. First of all, I want no one saying: 'OMG! Gretchen ees butt-ugly how dare u?!' That's just shallow and ignorant. Looks aside, I think this coupling is just adorable. Gretchen has an obvious crush on Dib, she gives him a LOT of meat slabs on Valentine's day, bats her eyes at him and everything. And then sobs her eyes out when Dib plays the ignorant jerk and totally ignores her for Tak. Boys at that age. Grr. Anyway, I think a lot could be done with this pairing. Red and Purple: Once again, doubts about Irken sexuality and it's possible nonexistance aside, I think this pairing would be highly likely. Both of them have a playful sort of relationship. It always struck me as more of a relationship between siblings; with all the laser/smoke machine wars and the puppet incident, but they obviously have a working partnership. (Red shaking Purple's hand after the Zim thing, the way Red seems very indulgent of Purple in some parts. "Hey! I like snacks!" "He likes snacks, Zim.") Go Red and Purple!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:20 am
Kristall Fox I just wanted to say, Ivy-chan, that your analysis of the possible relationships between characters is clearly thought out and in some way satisfying to read. Thanks. biggrin Kristall Fox I feel the same way about a lot of the relationship you mentioned (except Dib and Gretchen, but only because I hardly know anything about Gretchen and don't really remember the character too well.) She's the girl with purple hair in three ponytails, huge teeth, and braces. On 'Tak The Hideous New Girl', she was the one who gave Dib his Valentine meat slabs.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:09 pm
I don't see relationships very well in that show. True, Gretchen shows that she has a crush on Dib, but it doesn't work out. *huggles poor ignored Gretchen*
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:05 pm
Lagie I don't see relationships very well in that show. True, Gretchen shows that she has a crush on Dib, but it doesn't work out. *huggles poor ignored Gretchen* Well yeah, they're in like fifth grade. Plus the main characters are to obsessed with themselves to have relationships. xd
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:54 pm
Why would it be Zim and Dib? We have no idea if they're gay and I think it'd be obvious in the show they were but I don't know. I'd rather see Gir and Mimi cuz it'd be funny I think.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:01 pm
Sinisterone Why would it be Zim and Dib? We have no idea if they're gay and I think it'd be obvious in the show they were but I don't know. I'd rather see Gir and Mimi cuz it'd be funny I think. Well, they're about eleven or so. And nobody has any relationships like that in the show, or are even hinted at having one, aside from Dib and Tak, or Dib and and the girl with the teeth (Why can't I think of her name? gonk ). sweatdrop This is mostly just hypothetical. Plus, you can't just look at someone and know if they're gay or not... sweatdrop gonk True, they probably would in a TV show, but... yeah. They're all too young to be having relationships anyway, aside from Zim who is an alien with no hormones of that sort. sweatdrop
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:38 pm
Wolf Demon Ryu scream I HATE YAOI FANFICTION!! scream Not saying I have anything about Homosexuals.. sweatdrop I just mean.. Normally these relationships wouldnt happen so why would you right about them... I dont know about Red and purple... stressed but ZIM AND DIB WOULD NEVER GET TOGETHER I DONT CARE WHAT YOU GIRLS SAY!!!! scream Totally! ZIM AND DIB ARE NOT GAY!! (plus, dib is MINE.) I can NOT imagine a Zim/Dib relationship. That would not work out. They would always be yelling at each other. And plus, it's be gross. Thats like, a chipmunk and a bug dating each other. I mean really. Red and purple though...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:43 pm
Ledell Sinisterone Why would it be Zim and Dib? We have no idea if they're gay and I think it'd be obvious in the show they were but I don't know. I'd rather see Gir and Mimi cuz it'd be funny I think. Well, they're about eleven or so. And nobody has any relationships like that in the show, or are even hinted at having one, aside from Dib and Tak, or Dib and and the girl with the teeth (Why can't I think of her name? gonk ). sweatdrop This is mostly just hypothetical. Plus, you can't just look at someone and know if they're gay or not... sweatdrop gonk True, they probably would in a TV show, but... yeah. They're all too young to be having relationships anyway, aside from Zim who is an alien with no hormones of that sort. sweatdrop I was just thinking...if irkens have no moromones or how are their still irken babies? I mean, even tho there born in the lab doesnt mean they dont come from somewhere...I think it has somethign to do with their anntennae...sorry. just some very random thoughts... Dib and Tak would make such a cute couple..
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:07 am
Mimi is so straight-laced and GIR is so, well, GIR! They'd make a great "opposites attract" couple. Plus, it would be funny to see GIR on a date. Bubble Gum Suckies and Bloaty Pizza Hog's Pizza!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|