|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:20 am
"Honestly, and embarassingly I dont even know where I am" she whispered to him. That was the honest truth but it really wasn't a big deal because she never really knew where she was. Her sense of direction was abysmal, if even it existed at all.
"I think it's a hare" Kianga whispered after taking another sniff of the air. Whatever it was it was making her mouth water and her tummy rumble. I guess it has been awhile since it ate, She thought. I wonder what he's doing. Kianga looked over at Kadogo, wondering if he was going to steal what she smelled first. She had to be naturally suspicious of others in order to survive as a wanderer.
She finally spotted the hare and her body took over her mind and crouched down low into the grasses. To her suprise the hare was sitting in the middle of a clearing with it's back to them.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:31 am
"Think these are called Southlands, but then again, I don't know..." It was the first time in his living memory he'd out of his home, after all. Kadogo couldn't be expected to remember the few and far between lessons he'd had on the areas around here.
"This should be easy...one of us could skirt around it and the other chase it towards them." He tilted his head, looking at the hare. Odd, how it wasjust sitting there like that, but no matter. It would be a simple hunt.
"Will make a good meal, for you."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:26 pm
She licked around her muzzle, He was obviously willing to let her have the hare to herself. Still, it didn't look like a very large hare but it would be very rude of her not to share it with a new friend. Well if Kianga could call him a friend, she could certainly think of him as a friend after all he had not been rude or unkind to her yet.
A part of her wanted to prove herself to him and catch the hare herself but she knew that would be more difficult than it looked, after all the hare was sitting the middle of no where. It's hole is probably nearby, she thought. She looked up at Kadogo, trying to make a decision quick before a bird swooped out of the sky and took it or some other beast of sorts came across the same path.
"erm..Could you chase it over to me? you see i've never done that part before and well.." she paused a moment. Why am I so keen to embarass myself right now?
"I think I would probably chase it in the wrong direction"
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:42 pm
"That's fine. It's my usual job anyways...a little guy like me is better at chasing." He carefully made his way away from Kianga, mindful of the wind and how the black fur down his back gave him away. He'd need to be quick and tricksey, i he didn't want to be scented or sighted before he could get the other side of teh hare to Kianga - or there abouts.
She seemed a nice enough dog. Friendly enough to chat with someone such as himself, at any rate. Kadogo hadn't expected that, having heard that rogue dogs looked down at packmembers for being soft. Sheltered was what Kianga had said...which wasn't as insulting.
With those thoughts, he came out of hiding and barked as he chased towards the hare, trying to scare it into her waiting jaws.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:20 pm
Kianga stayed low in the grasses hoping that the hare wouldnt see her untill the best moment possible. It was lucky for her hat it worked out that way as Kadogo chased the hare right to her. Kianga jumped up as the hare spotted her and hastilly tryed to stop to change directions.
The hare darted off to the right of Kianga, but before it could get far she already had it in her jaws. She cringed feeling the hare thrashing its comparably small body again her grip. She hated to do it and tryed not to put much thought into it as she bit down as hard as she could hopeing to spare the poor creature a slow death.
As soon as she was certain that it was indeed dead she let it drop from her mouth and hit the ground. She was feeling nauseaus now, despite the fact that she needed it to survive she still didnt feel like it was her place to take a life like that.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:46 am
(My lionness Rahima is like that about killing prey.)
He slowed his run not long after it started - a short burst of speed was all it took to flush the hare towards Kianga - and meandered his way over to where she was. Nose to the ground, he was making note of any trails or young leverets hidden in the grass. He was a happy hunter, but he'd hate to leave a baby hare out here to die slowly. Kadogo was relieved when he found none.
"Well, that worked out fine." He sat down nearby and waited for her.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 pm
(Yeah I decided to make her compassionate, maybe she'll be a vegetarian *giggle*)
"Yeah" she said in agreement and nudged the hare anxiously towards Kadogo. "You can have it" Kianga hated eating leaves and plants like she did in the jungle, they were gross but so was taking a life that was not hers to take. Unfortunetly there didnt really seem to be a better option so it would be plants for her. She wouldnt eat like that in front of Kadogo though, it was embarassing and made her even more of an outsider.
If he asks I'll just tell him i'm sick..he wont know right? She always felt like everyone she met was judging her every move. She decided to lay down to pretend that she had a stomach ache, which actually wasnt really far from the truth. I already killed it, why waste it?
She was angry at herself but still made the decision to stick with her morals and she wasnt going to eat the hare, even if she already killed it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 pm
"I'm not hungry... let the scavengers take it, if you'd like." Kadogo frowned. He'd assumed that she had been hungry. He didn't like to kill for sport, and had never so much as killed a butterfly as a pup for fun.
"Why'd we hunt it, Kianga?"
(Sorry for mini post)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 am
"I'm sorry" Kianga whispered, It was something she did when she was ashamed or embarassed. Her brain churned with lies she could feed Kadogo, she really didnt want him to know the truth, but then again..the truth was easier.
He'll think i'm completely mental.. But what if he dosent? But what if he does?
Kianga growled, she was confusing herself. What did she care what a stranger thought of her? statistically her chances of seeing him again were slim anyway, after all the area was HUGE.
"I-I was growling at you, I was growling at me" She tryed to explained when she realized she must have sounded funny or angry at him..Finally she decided to go with the truth and explain to him. "I'm not comfortable..with taking another creatures life..I thought I could handle it.." she trailed off into silence and decided to avoid his gaze by focusing on the large dark clouds headed their way..
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:45 am
His ears, which had flicked back when he frowned, flicked forward curiously as if by listening closer he'd understand the female better. Unlike Kianga, he'd not considered the possibility of not meeting her again. He was too used to dogs just being there day in, day out - which was why he'd never really talked to many of his pack members, assuming they'd be there to chat to at a later date.
"I can understand that...I suppose you've heard it before, but we kill to eat, and we're bred to hunt. Meat sustains us dogs best. The hares and other prey...they're made to run and their senses are sharp. They have a chance. It's all just how life was supposed to be. The hunters and the hunted."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:58 am
"I know that, but ..I still can't help my stomach rebeling against it" Kianga sighed quietly. I knew he wouldnt understand, She wondered why she bothers to talk to anyone sometimes..the conclusion was always the same, she always ended up feeling like she didnt belong. Maybe I'm not supposed to be a wild dog, maybe I was meant to be a hare or something.
The thought of her being a hare made her smile, the hunted had a hard life, always having to watch for danger? It must be exhausting, you'd never get a chance to enjoy life.
"It's going to rain.." Kianga observed the dark clouds that were nearly over their heads now. The clouds were almost a puple colour. They were so dark that she could hardly see the sun anymore, it was a releif for her to have the sun off her back even if it were only for a moment. "you might want to find somewhere that will stay dry.."
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:06 am
"I don't mind getting wet. Will be cooling after so much sun." Plus, down here, there was no thunder. The black fur down his back felt heavy and hot, the dark colour had trapped the heat in as dark fur was always prone to do. Kianga would probably be cool already, he mused, having a lighter pelt.
"Anyway. Your compassion is admirable. I've heard of other hunters who feel sickened by meat. I felt like it as a pup and still can't kill for pleasure...I'm lucky I suppose that I can still feel compassionate and eat what nature intended. ...maybe you should try eating green stuff, though too much'll probably turn your stomach more than a hare." It was supposed to be friendly advice.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|