Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Omnitopical Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for everything in this diminsion and the next X3 

Tags: Games, roleplay, market, Anime, manga 

Reply Debatable subjects (゚ー゚)(。_。)ウンウン(debate stuff)
Abortion Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For or against?
  For
  Against
  Undecided
View Results

Aliyune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:22 am


The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
Believe me, I've researched the subject of adoption, a lot. I know the failings of it. By the time they're 16, though, they should be working on getting a job of some sort, and by the time they're 18, hopefully, they'll be able to do something with there lives other than becoming criminals. Of course, it is hard for children that have no real home to get a job, and most the adoption agencies don't do much, if anything to help. But this brings me back to what you said, the adoption program can and should be fixed. The slightest change for the better could make a world of difference. I should do more research before saying anything further, though. I'm not used to talking to intelligent people. xd
Wow, you said I was smart xp It's not the case really lol, I just have a good memory for things I don't really need to know. I really wish I could find that URL again, last time I posted it in a forum was before Spring Break ninja sweatdrop

Umm... I guess in summary I'm not Pro-Abortion but Anti-Adoption sweatdrop I'd prefer Abortion not be legal - but there should be an alternative for it that's not Adoption because Adoption just doesn't work...


XD! Well maybe, but you argued your case very well! Go you! XD!

And even though it seemed I was debating against you, you pretty much summarized my own views as well. XD!
I was in debate in HS (cause I wasnt going to take speech) so I learned the proper things... I really dislike it when people try to use their own opinions as facts... And I'm seriously freaking that I can't get that link gonk

3nodding It's cause you'd have to be stupid to think killing a child should be legal... but there's some cases that seem to be "the exception" so we try to look for an alternative so we can make it illegal for everyone... and just don't have a decent enough alternative yet...


I'm in a debate class now. I actually hate to debate my way into a 10th graders class, because there wasn't one for 9th graders. crying

Yes, but there are a lot of stupid people out there! *cough cough* I didn't just say that. ^^;
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:29 am


1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
Believe me, I've researched the subject of adoption, a lot. I know the failings of it. By the time they're 16, though, they should be working on getting a job of some sort, and by the time they're 18, hopefully, they'll be able to do something with there lives other than becoming criminals. Of course, it is hard for children that have no real home to get a job, and most the adoption agencies don't do much, if anything to help. But this brings me back to what you said, the adoption program can and should be fixed. The slightest change for the better could make a world of difference. I should do more research before saying anything further, though. I'm not used to talking to intelligent people. xd
Wow, you said I was smart xp It's not the case really lol, I just have a good memory for things I don't really need to know. I really wish I could find that URL again, last time I posted it in a forum was before Spring Break ninja sweatdrop

Umm... I guess in summary I'm not Pro-Abortion but Anti-Adoption sweatdrop I'd prefer Abortion not be legal - but there should be an alternative for it that's not Adoption because Adoption just doesn't work...


XD! Well maybe, but you argued your case very well! Go you! XD!

And even though it seemed I was debating against you, you pretty much summarized my own views as well. XD!
I was in debate in HS (cause I wasnt going to take speech) so I learned the proper things... I really dislike it when people try to use their own opinions as facts... And I'm seriously freaking that I can't get that link gonk

3nodding It's cause you'd have to be stupid to think killing a child should be legal... but there's some cases that seem to be "the exception" so we try to look for an alternative so we can make it illegal for everyone... and just don't have a decent enough alternative yet...


I'm in a debate class now. I actually hate to debate my way into a 10th graders class, because there wasn't one for 9th graders. crying

Yes, but there are a lot of stupid people out there! *cough cough* I didn't just say that. ^^;
I really miss the debating I got to do in HS... have you gotten to attend any tournaments?

The_Transmogrified


Aliyune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:32 am


The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
Believe me, I've researched the subject of adoption, a lot. I know the failings of it. By the time they're 16, though, they should be working on getting a job of some sort, and by the time they're 18, hopefully, they'll be able to do something with there lives other than becoming criminals. Of course, it is hard for children that have no real home to get a job, and most the adoption agencies don't do much, if anything to help. But this brings me back to what you said, the adoption program can and should be fixed. The slightest change for the better could make a world of difference. I should do more research before saying anything further, though. I'm not used to talking to intelligent people. xd
Wow, you said I was smart xp It's not the case really lol, I just have a good memory for things I don't really need to know. I really wish I could find that URL again, last time I posted it in a forum was before Spring Break ninja sweatdrop

Umm... I guess in summary I'm not Pro-Abortion but Anti-Adoption sweatdrop I'd prefer Abortion not be legal - but there should be an alternative for it that's not Adoption because Adoption just doesn't work...


XD! Well maybe, but you argued your case very well! Go you! XD!

And even though it seemed I was debating against you, you pretty much summarized my own views as well. XD!
I was in debate in HS (cause I wasnt going to take speech) so I learned the proper things... I really dislike it when people try to use their own opinions as facts... And I'm seriously freaking that I can't get that link gonk

3nodding It's cause you'd have to be stupid to think killing a child should be legal... but there's some cases that seem to be "the exception" so we try to look for an alternative so we can make it illegal for everyone... and just don't have a decent enough alternative yet...


I'm in a debate class now. I actually hate to debate my way into a 10th graders class, because there wasn't one for 9th graders. crying

Yes, but there are a lot of stupid people out there! *cough cough* I didn't just say that. ^^;
I really miss the debating I got to do in HS... have you gotten to attend any tournaments?


Yeah! I was just in one last week! I only got 3rd though. crying After all that work, I get 3rd. gonk XD!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:44 am


1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim


XD! Well maybe, but you argued your case very well! Go you! XD!

And even though it seemed I was debating against you, you pretty much summarized my own views as well. XD!
I was in debate in HS (cause I wasnt going to take speech) so I learned the proper things... I really dislike it when people try to use their own opinions as facts... And I'm seriously freaking that I can't get that link gonk

3nodding It's cause you'd have to be stupid to think killing a child should be legal... but there's some cases that seem to be "the exception" so we try to look for an alternative so we can make it illegal for everyone... and just don't have a decent enough alternative yet...


I'm in a debate class now. I actually hate to debate my way into a 10th graders class, because there wasn't one for 9th graders. crying

Yes, but there are a lot of stupid people out there! *cough cough* I didn't just say that. ^^;
I really miss the debating I got to do in HS... have you gotten to attend any tournaments?


Yeah! I was just in one last week! I only got 3rd though. crying After all that work, I get 3rd. gonk XD!
Wow 3rd? That's pretty good...

I never advanced past the first round of four debates lol... I always ended up 2-2 (cept once I got 1 win and 3 losses gonk )

The_Transmogrified


Aliyune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:13 am


The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim
The_Transmogrified
1024yyim


XD! Well maybe, but you argued your case very well! Go you! XD!

And even though it seemed I was debating against you, you pretty much summarized my own views as well. XD!
I was in debate in HS (cause I wasnt going to take speech) so I learned the proper things... I really dislike it when people try to use their own opinions as facts... And I'm seriously freaking that I can't get that link gonk

3nodding It's cause you'd have to be stupid to think killing a child should be legal... but there's some cases that seem to be "the exception" so we try to look for an alternative so we can make it illegal for everyone... and just don't have a decent enough alternative yet...


I'm in a debate class now. I actually hate to debate my way into a 10th graders class, because there wasn't one for 9th graders. crying

Yes, but there are a lot of stupid people out there! *cough cough* I didn't just say that. ^^;
I really miss the debating I got to do in HS... have you gotten to attend any tournaments?


Yeah! I was just in one last week! I only got 3rd though. crying After all that work, I get 3rd. gonk XD!
Wow 3rd? That's pretty good...

I never advanced past the first round of four debates lol... I always ended up 2-2 (cept once I got 1 win and 3 losses gonk )


2-2 isn't bad 3 out of 4 times for the first round. There were sooo many smart people there, I felt like a fish out of water, you know? rofl It was after my first debate that I realized I probably wouldn't win. xd ! I was surprised with third, but really upset, because that's so close to first, and I didn't get it. xp xd
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:58 am


I reckon the only reason for abortion is rape. 3nodding

Ramarama


BrokenxSun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 am


I'm against it.



Over all I think it's the WOMAN'S choice. After all it is her body.

Lets relate it to Gambling.

1. a. It's a sin.
. b. We still allow it.

2. a. A person could destroy their life.
. b. Their money, their life.

3. a. It is addictive and addictions are unheathy.
. b. Their body, their life.


On the scale of abortion.

1. a. It's a sin to murder. Murder is killing someone who is defenceless.
. b. All sins are equle, to all sin is death. We allow gambling.

2. a. A person may regreat it and never live it down.
. b. Her body, her life.

3. a. Though abortion isn't adictive, sex can be and someone could use
. abortion as a form of birth control.
. b. Her body, her life.




Though I'm personaly against abortion I don't think it should be illigeal.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:49 am


i agree with post one, it should be a womans choice and i think that they shouldn't have abortion unless they were rapped or something and if they weren't then they should have the kid and give it away

Death4790


knight_of_iron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:20 am


Well i do think that abortion is wrong, and i dont think you should get one without counciling first:

here his my idea:

1. if somone wants an abortion and they are under 18 there parents must be notified but can not stop or refuse it.
2. a one month session of councling must take place to see if they really wish to have this abortion.
3. an abortion sould be a personal choice not a court one. although i deo belive abortions under the age of 18 should be strongly encouraged.

do you really want more teenage mothers in the world. It may be killing but it isent murder, the baby cant feel or sence pain. It may be wrong but its like putting down your cat or dog becuse they are sick or badly injured. children who are born to mothers under the age of 18 have horrible lives. Do we really want more street beggers in the world?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:18 am


I'm on the fine line of for and against abortion

Against:

Yes we have to give the mother the credit that it's HER body and its HER desicion on to have abortion. It will impact her by making her feel guilty "Oh the child will never know me" blah blah blah (I suck at debating, i just state my honost opinion). Yes she'll most likely feel guilty. If she is under the age of 18, like knight_of_iron said, she should have abortion because having teenage wives aren't exactly helping the community. Plus even as teenage wives sooner or later they still give away the baby from bills, school, and other daily needs for herself (of course baby first but still). And again, like knight_of_iron said, abortion should not be taken place in court because in teh end she'll be keeping the baby (court is a butt that way). It should be personal matters whether she should give it up or not. Sure have abortion, consider the child like a not working sprinkler, take it back and ask for a refund.

For:

Okay like I said above HER body HER desicion. She has a choice whether she can or not. But what if this child was a product of rape? She should have a right to get rid of the child. And it can't feel pain at such an effing young age. The child wasn't even born. Thus the child not having a right UNTIL it is born. So she can give up the child. But what she can also do is that she can give birth to the child (another miracle whoop di doo) then give it up for adoption. Of course that may not always work so the children live crappy lives in the dark but nonentheless (God i sound so mean). She has a choice if the child is a product of rape, if she is underage, or if she cannot finacially raise the child to either put it up for adoption, or kill it, it's as simple as that.

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller


CandySplurge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:21 pm


I try to see the whole side of things, but it's really hard for me.
I am also for and against abortion. Murder is just wrong. Especially for a baby. It has no choice at all of the matter, and it doesn't get to live a life, even if it is a bad life, anybody would chose to be envolved in the world instead of dying a meaningless death. Sometimes, though, people would rather die a quick and painless death not knowing anything about the world then having to die an agonizing death of starvation or something like that.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm


I don't believe in abortion because you screwed up and you should take the consiquences I don't care if I spelt it rong you screwed up and its your fault.

skull ripper


evil-blueberry_blosom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:17 pm


i think that people should be able to get abortions unless they perposly get pregnat and then get an abortions over and over. But if a teen has sex and gets pregnat they should be able to get an abortion.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:18 pm


evil-blueberry_blosom
i think that people should be able to get abortions unless they perposly get pregnat and then get an abortions over and over. But if a teen has sex and gets pregnat they should be able to get an abortion.

because a lot of people dont know that condoms expire

evil-blueberry_blosom


evil-blueberry_blosom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:19 pm


skull ripper
I don't believe in abortion because you screwed up and you should take the consiquences I don't care if I spelt it rong you screwed up and its your fault.

i dont agree
Reply
Debatable subjects (゚ー゚)(。_。)ウンウン(debate stuff)

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//