|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:11 pm
Oh yeah I get that alot. I took Tae Kwon Do for like.. a month xd .
But yeah, usually I tell people who assume that I know karate that I'll kick them in the fcking head. mad
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:52 am
this is a steroetype ninja
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:26 pm
As already stated, this is another one of the many Asian stereotypes... Most people seem to get a lot of information about Asians from movies now... And what do you see in Asian movies shown in theatres?... Some sort of martial arts... Sure lots of Asians do know some form of martial arts... But still lots don't... Don't get yourself all ticked off at these stereotypes... There are so much out there and yet more to come... If people think that all Asians know martial arts... Then it would just be so much easier to tell them that's a stereotype and that not all Asians know martial arts...
Just stop being caught up in all this drama on stereotypes... -_-...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:29 pm
Usually people assume I'd know Kung-Fu or how to use a martial arts weapon. xp
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:51 pm
most people do expect it, it's very, very sterotypical. It gets really annoying.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:11 pm
I know! I remeber when my friend's brother said I know a martial art style but I saod "No" then he said I still it secretely, like I do but don't know it.
Strange......
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:42 pm
No not me. Though my friends usually go up to me and say 'Lemme see a tornado kick! Jackie Chan!'. But its always a joke. Hee hee
I know this is off topic but I need help, how do you make a dream Avatar and put it in your signature?
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:46 pm
it's true, but i do know tae kwan do (but not many ppl know it), so this doesn't really apply to me... i guess.. sweatdrop
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:36 pm
I know it's just a silly stereotype, but yeah it's true. whee
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:45 pm
I attend a military academy and it's unisex... =(..
So, I was born in Taiwan, but I grew up in America.. so yeah..
At the academy, all the white and black people believe Asians are smart.. Well, it's because most Asians have a GPA of 3.5 and above... I had 3.6 both sophomore & junior year...
The worst scenario... I was taking US History during my junior year... Now, there was like 2-4 Asians in the class... When the teacher handed out quizzes and tests, the people sitting right around me COPIED MY DAMN ANSWERS... On top of that, they switched my final exam paper with someone elses and they passed it to people around where I sat... My final exam grade was a B+ & 96% over-all grade for the class... lol
mother*beep* white boys
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:29 pm
Karate? Kung Fu? Jeez, sometimes Westernised civilisation is REALLY STUPID sometimes. Especially with the media. I mean, some of us do, I'll admit, but not every goddamn asian child was sent to some mystical martial arts academy when they were born.
But I gotta agree with the smart thing. I mean, my school doesn't discriminate or anything but sometimes they're all like, 'Come on you're asian! You're smart!' Which I am... But still. It's not good to assume Asian=Brains. Sometimes I ask 'Why're you asking me?!' and they're like, 'You're smart!' Which tells me that they think I'm smart as a person and I am genuinely smart, not just coz I'm asian. stare
Although, it IS kind of a pattern at my school. Nearly all thye asians are at the top of their class for one thing or another. But there are exceptions to this rule.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:10 pm
no i dun think everyone expects that ayz. not from all azns i think most ppl expect it from chinks tho, and japs, but from the other azns i'm not too sure about that, i guess that's wat i get NEwayz
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:33 pm
i hate people who stereotype.........
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 pm
well hum asian people do know some form of martial arts.like when i went to china the kids there actualy practice some during there class so ya.me i lived in china for 5 years and alot of people there knew karate and my grandpa taught me koden ru an old chinese style.But then again it dose get annoying when people expect you to know martial arts because your asian.so i guess it is steroe typical.bit it dose come in hany when protecting your self. blaugh blaugh blaugh
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:28 am
ryachoto i hate people who stereotype......... here here i agree with u there
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|