The_Transmogrified
True fact for those of you interested in it lol...
Last year the local paper printed an article on this topic stating that Wal-Mart employees were not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" to customers. It explained why it was too oriented on a single religion and would offend some customers and etc... and that Wal-Mart employees were only allowed to say "Seasons Greetings" or "Hapy Holidays".
That night when I went into work my manager read an email. It was from home office and it said essentially "You can say whatever you please and not fear repercussions. Whatever the news may have to say concerning the subject is not information they have recieved from us and therefore likely inaccurate." And yes, the email ended in "Merry Christmas"
I plan to this year also see off customers I help with "Merry Christmas". OMG yeah, i red that too....why cant they just say HAPPY HOLIDAYS??