Welcome to Gaia! ::

Teh Music Guild

Back to Guilds

For casual listeners and musicwhores alike. 

Tags: Rock, Alternative, Bands, Musician, Discussion 

Reply [Official] Band Threads
The Cure Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnum Large Condom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 am


I loooooove The Cure. I own every single album/single/DVD they ever came out with. I really HATED 311's cover of The Love Song though. It was HORRIBLE!!!! They ONLY cover I liked was Goldfinger's version of Just Like Heaven.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:08 pm


Knight Reaver
I loooooove The Cure. I own every single album/single/DVD they ever came out with. I really HATED 311's cover of The Love Song though. It was HORRIBLE!!!! They ONLY cover I liked was Goldfinger's version of Just Like Heaven.


same here 3nodding

Bonescape


radical jojo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:26 pm


311'2 cover of "Lovesong" just makes me break down crying at the travesty of such a thing. After all, if you're going to do a cover, you should be expected to at least do a good one!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:14 pm


i was really let down by their new albumn....meh, i'm a huge fan of the cure, but don't know too much about them, other than the basics..robert smith etc.(which happens to be principles name as well)

closer


Keyki

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:43 pm


Lord of the Flies.
Kaasworstje
My teacher has a t-shirt of the cure (he's 50) I don't know anything about the Cure sweatdrop

BTW: Don't need to ask permission for this xp wink
The Cure was one of the first goth rock bands.
A friend of my have dicussed this...we think that they should be considered hopelessromantics/rock rather than goth...but whatever. wink
I have their newest album which is unbelievably awesome in my opinion (great stuff gonk ).
Yush..I adore the Cure. I also like their other stuff, but I haven't over-listened it or know it very well.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:08 pm


I heart the cure . my fav songs are ...
-lets go to bed
-lullaby
-boys dont cry
-love song
-friday im in love

Konatafangrl


Cyber Grape

Assimilated Fairy

8,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:28 pm


My favorite Cure song is Burn. whee I love that song. And The Love song is great also.

But that's pretty much all I have heard from them sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:34 am


Lord of the Flies.
Welcome to The Cure Official Thread, for those who love The Cure. Say what albums you have, what your favorite songs are, and anything else related to The Cure.

I own Disintegration, Pornography, Bloodflowers, Boys Don't Cry, Faith, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, The Head On The Door, Show(live), Concert(live), Join The Dots(box set), The Cure(new CD), Trillogy(DVD), and Greatest Hits(DVD).

Oh, and sorry if you need permission to make official threads, I don't know if I do or not.

I found that book confusing(in your username)

marshmallow_666


Barghest

Sparkly Vampire

9,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:47 am


One of my friends used to make fun of me for having Robert Smith hair all the time, and another was going to give me a cure cd for my birthday ("Here's The Cure, for Cancer" was his idea, as that's my sign) so after taking that all in, and being a big fan of the singles, I started to collect their disks. So far I've picked up Staring At The Sea, Kiss Me, Disintegration, Wish, Wild Mood Swings, Greatest Hits and Join The Dots.

Actually, it was Fear of Ghosts that I heard on Launch which made me break down and start buying all this great music. xd I love Keyki's suggestion of classifying them as Hopelessromantic Rock more then Goth Rock (but is there really much of a difference? Other then angst, of course), that would explain why I love Smith's lyrics so. ^_^

I'd say my favorites would be Burn (the first Cure song I owned), The Kiss, Just Like Heaven (I'm constantly quoting that song), Fear of Ghosts (Which was once in my sig), Plainsong, Pictures of You, Lovesong, Apart, More Than This and Jupiter Crash. Hell, I love all of Disintegration, so I'd say that's my favorite work of theirs.

Yeah, Smith's lyrics are just too good, and the music is rather tasty as well. I've got to say The Cure is one of my favorite bands. ^_^
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:17 am


Wow no-one's been in this thread for a while eek
I thought that i'd liven it up by saying how much I love The Cure. They're one of my favourite bands & Robert Smith is amazing. xd

[Micro Cuts]


Dramatica Addams
Captain

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:46 am


I didn't even know there was a cure thread here!
Y'all need to come to the guild^^
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:58 am


DramaticaBrightside
I didn't even know there was a cure thread here!


It was hidden in the depths of the guild! surprised

[Micro Cuts]


PrettyInPunk85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:25 pm


The Cure is simply fantastic. It's like any song they do is great. I wish Robert Smith wasn't married cry That's k though, I still love him heart
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 am


I used to think their music was kind of dull, but they've grown on me a lot. I have a lot of respect for Robert Smith. How could you not have respect for such a great singer? Plus he's straight and he still wears bright red lipstick and fluffs his hair up. blaugh 3nodding

Chelsea09


MaddyMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:15 pm


Yay, a thread devoted to my favorite band! whee
I've been a fan for many years. I'm so sad I didn't get to see them on tour. crying

PS: Robert Smith is damn sexy. 3nodding
Reply
[Official] Band Threads

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//