Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Politicians of Gaia
Global Warming The End Of The World? Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Son of Axeman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:57 pm


LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:49 pm


Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.
No I am not.
And it maybe.
The poles used to have people and life.
So who knows,

dirtdevilgrunt13


agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:39 pm


LRD_nick
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.
No I am not.
And it maybe.
The poles used to have people and life.
So who knows,


Um, no... the only time that the south pole was habitable was during the time of Pangia and shortly thereafter as it moved south with Austrailia. There were no homonids, let alone homosapiens at that time...

North poll still has people living there...

Greenland is actuall land, not ice buddy. The ice sheet is melting, but it is not greenland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:08 pm


Omnileech
Yes, I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of scientists who agree that global warming is a reality are just falling into the "fad"
Majority of scientist? What scientist the ones working for Gore?

Lupin The Great


Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 pm


Lupin The Great
Omnileech
Yes, I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of scientists who agree that global warming is a reality are just falling into the "fad"
Majority of scientist? What scientist the ones working for Gore?


How about all those scientists behind the Kyoto protocol?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:15 am


agrab0ekim
LRD_nick
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.
No I am not.
And it maybe.
The poles used to have people and life.
So who knows,


Um, no... the only time that the south pole was habitable was during the time of Pangia and shortly thereafter as it moved south with Austrailia. There were no homonids, let alone homosapiens at that time...

North poll still has people living there...

Greenland is actuall land, not ice buddy. The ice sheet is melting, but it is not greenland
According to recent findings then yes it was.
There is Pots and what not there,they found a body a few months ago.
smile

dirtdevilgrunt13


dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:17 am


Omnileech
Lupin The Great
Omnileech
Yes, I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of scientists who agree that global warming is a reality are just falling into the "fad"
Majority of scientist? What scientist the ones working for Gore?


How about all those scientists behind the Kyoto protocol?
HAs anyone seen that new short movie they had on the science channels and the discovery channels?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:10 pm


LRD_nick
agrab0ekim
LRD_nick
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.
No I am not.
And it maybe.
The poles used to have people and life.
So who knows,


Um, no... the only time that the south pole was habitable was during the time of Pangia and shortly thereafter as it moved south with Austrailia. There were no homonids, let alone homosapiens at that time...

North poll still has people living there...

Greenland is actuall land, not ice buddy. The ice sheet is melting, but it is not greenland
According to recent findings then yes it was.
There is Pots and what not there,they found a body a few months ago.
smile


source please... i worked for Byrd Polar and i have no clue of what you are talking about

agrab0ekim


RavenMcCoy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:01 pm


Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.


It's times like these I wish I could strike people for sheer idiocy.
LRD_Nick, you clearly haven't been paying attention in school. Had you been paying attention, you'd note that until the 1980's, world maps were different than they are today.

Today, you'll see a world map that looks somewhat like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Note the oval shape of the map. Because the map shows an oval Earth, it can take into account the correct proportions of one country to another.

The Earth, being a sphere, cannot be flattened into a normal, rectangular paper shape in two dimensions with an expectation to keep landmass proportions. However, until the 1980's, most maps did just that. It was called the Mercator projection, and it looked something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This style of map projected the Earth as a cylindar that could be unrolled into a rectangular shape, and therefore sacrificed that teeny little detail of correct landmass proportions.

If you were looking at, "older maps", you useless twit, of course Greenland is going to be just as big as Africa - that fact is often cited as the chief complaint against the Mercator. New maps give an accurate look of the real world, and therefore, Greenland looks much smaller in comparison.

Because it is.

(Note: This doesn't mean global warming isn't happening. It just means that you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal in your reasoning.)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:07 pm


RavenMcCoy
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.


It's times like these I wish I could strike people for sheer idiocy.
LRD_Nick, you clearly haven't been paying attention in school. Had you been paying attention, you'd note that until the 1980's, world maps were different than they are today.

Today, you'll see a world map that looks somewhat like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Note the oval shape of the map. Because the map shows an oval Earth, it can take into account the correct proportions of one country to another.

The Earth, being a sphere, cannot be flattened into a normal, rectangular paper shape in two dimensions with an expectation to keep landmass proportions. However, until the 1980's, most maps did just that. It was called the Mercator projection, and it looked something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This style of map projected the Earth as a cylindar that could be unrolled into a rectangular shape, and therefore sacrificed that teeny little detail of correct landmass proportions.

If you were looking at, "older maps", you useless twit, of course Greenland is going to be just as big as Africa - that fact is often cited as the chief complaint against the Mercator. New maps give an accurate look of the real world, and therefore, Greenland looks much smaller in comparison.

Because it is.

(Note: This doesn't mean global warming isn't happening. It just means that you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal in your reasoning.)


NOOOOOOOOO, tell me that you are lying. Tell me that Greenland is really the biggest island in the universe... TELL ME YOU ARE LYING

crying crying crying crying crying

agrab0ekim


Son of Axeman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:32 pm


agrab0ekim
RavenMcCoy
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.


It's times like these I wish I could strike people for sheer idiocy.
LRD_Nick, you clearly haven't been paying attention in school. Had you been paying attention, you'd note that until the 1980's, world maps were different than they are today.

Today, you'll see a world map that looks somewhat like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Note the oval shape of the map. Because the map shows an oval Earth, it can take into account the correct proportions of one country to another.

The Earth, being a sphere, cannot be flattened into a normal, rectangular paper shape in two dimensions with an expectation to keep landmass proportions. However, until the 1980's, most maps did just that. It was called the Mercator projection, and it looked something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This style of map projected the Earth as a cylindar that could be unrolled into a rectangular shape, and therefore sacrificed that teeny little detail of correct landmass proportions.

If you were looking at, "older maps", you useless twit, of course Greenland is going to be just as big as Africa - that fact is often cited as the chief complaint against the Mercator. New maps give an accurate look of the real world, and therefore, Greenland looks much smaller in comparison.

Because it is.

(Note: This doesn't mean global warming isn't happening. It just means that you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal in your reasoning.)


NOOOOOOOOO, tell me that you are lying. Tell me that Greenland is really the biggest island in the universe... TELL ME YOU ARE LYING

crying crying crying crying crying


Antartica, duh.

Silly confused boy. Just look at it! IT'S HUGE!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:06 pm


Son of Axeman
agrab0ekim
RavenMcCoy
Son of Axeman
LRD_nick
Man I was in school on friday and let me tell you.
I was looking at some past maps,and I saw the size of greenland and it looked like africa,I saw the poles nd it looked like a desert of ice.
See global warming is at work


Let me ask you...are you clinically retarded?

Greenland hasn't changed sizes, you probably looked at two diffrent maps, one of which made up for its flat representation by bloating far-north and far-south landmasses.

It doesn't help the cause when you have people claiming that Greenland is melting. That's just silly.


It's times like these I wish I could strike people for sheer idiocy.
LRD_Nick, you clearly haven't been paying attention in school. Had you been paying attention, you'd note that until the 1980's, world maps were different than they are today.

Today, you'll see a world map that looks somewhat like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Note the oval shape of the map. Because the map shows an oval Earth, it can take into account the correct proportions of one country to another.

The Earth, being a sphere, cannot be flattened into a normal, rectangular paper shape in two dimensions with an expectation to keep landmass proportions. However, until the 1980's, most maps did just that. It was called the Mercator projection, and it looked something like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This style of map projected the Earth as a cylindar that could be unrolled into a rectangular shape, and therefore sacrificed that teeny little detail of correct landmass proportions.

If you were looking at, "older maps", you useless twit, of course Greenland is going to be just as big as Africa - that fact is often cited as the chief complaint against the Mercator. New maps give an accurate look of the real world, and therefore, Greenland looks much smaller in comparison.

Because it is.

(Note: This doesn't mean global warming isn't happening. It just means that you're a few fries short of a Happy Meal in your reasoning.)


NOOOOOOOOO, tell me that you are lying. Tell me that Greenland is really the biggest island in the universe... TELL ME YOU ARE LYING

crying crying crying crying crying


Antartica, duh.

Silly confused boy. Just look at it! IT'S HUGE!


NOOOOOOOOOOO (darth vader style)

agrab0ekim


dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:33 pm


Man.....
Then why,And I can ask this and I speak for everyone.
Why are we haven so many hurricanes?
Its not the increase but how they are.
Look at charley and fraces and cant forget katrina,I can go on and on.
The high in new york today was 95 degrees!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:59 pm


LRD_nick
Man.....
Then why,And I can ask this and I speak for everyone.
Why are we haven so many hurricanes?
Its not the increase but how they are.
Look at charley and fraces and cant forget katrina,I can go on and on.
The high in new york today was 95 degrees!!


one could argue an increase in solar flares or natural inluxation

agrab0ekim


Omnileech

Omnipresent Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:33 pm


LRD_nick
Man.....
Then why,And I can ask this and I speak for everyone.
Why are we haven so many hurricanes?
Its not the increase but how they are.
Look at charley and fraces and cant forget katrina,I can go on and on.
The high in new york today was 95 degrees!!


Uncertain the reasons for your weather are. Global warming it may be or it might be the earth acting "normally".
Reply
The Politicians of Gaia

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//