Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Preservation Bin
Using Pendulums Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Secludere

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:07 pm


@ Luck-In-Spade: Thanks for the notes! I feel a bit guilty now... I have an adventurine pendulum that my friend bought my for my 15th birthday (she made a little pouch for me to put it in to ^_^) and I HOPE it likes me, it never seems to give me false answers... But I don't go and give it attention. I like to keep all my magic-oriented supplies in a drawer (which is getting a bit crowded, but it smells lovely), and I keep it there. I like the idea of thanking, I'll be sure to do that next time!
Now that I think of it, I guess your right, not everything can be used as a pendulum >.< I had a visual of a pen-cap pendulum...

To everyone: Make sure that the area is fairly quiet, specifically, no voices. I remember once using it and asking a routine question. It said my name wasn't my name! >.< I then realized my music, which was on, might be confusing it. I turned it off, then got a positive answer.
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:15 pm


You can put up dividers for your drawer if its seeming too crowded. Or, what is really in right now, are old-fashion styled jewlery boxes. I got a beaufitul dark wook one at Target for $25, and I can't fill it up all the way! But, since your drawer is a whole place that you have for your magical items, the energy and power circulates, and it (the pendulum) does get attention because you are constantly reminded that it, and all of your supplies, are there. When I mean neglect, I mean leaving it buried under your pile of dirty clothes ^,~

Haha, pencap pendulum... yes, that is what I was suggesting against ^,~ However, things like heirlooms might work (a brooch or necklace passed down several generations), as it may be holding power from generations past. Stones are usually the suggested items, though.

Luck-In-Spades
Vice Captain


AestheticBoy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:18 pm


How can i make my own pendelum? is there rituals needed?
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:12 pm


a pendulum can be made out of:
-a plain ring on a string
-a cork with a needle it attached to a thread
-a common necklace cross and chain
-or you can special-order one (once again, i reccomend capricornslair.com)
There are probably other things, if anyone else wants to add something.

A ritual isn't required, but it would be a good idea. nothing big, maybe just bless/consencrate it or something.

Secludere


AestheticBoy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:04 am


Okay. Thanks for your help.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:46 pm


I made a pendelum last night, I think it looks pretty good. I have a heart shaped piece of quartz at the end, and a little sun charm on the other side. It worked well for me, however I can't move it with my mind at all.

Amyane


Luck-In-Spades
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:50 pm


Well that could mean that you are just not there yet. It takes practice to get things to move with your mind. Try meditating, centering, and grounding before attempting. That might help get you to the point you need to be.
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:47 pm


Luck-In-Spades
Well that could mean that you are just not there yet. It takes practice to get things to move with your mind. Try meditating, centering, and grounding before attempting. That might help get you to the point you need to be.

Of course. n__n I know things like that take a ton of patience, devotion, and practise. I'll keep at it, and maybe actually be able to do it some day.

Amyane


Secludere

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:58 pm


I remembered that you could move a pendulum one day and just thought it was worth a shot. I was so happy when I could, nothing like a bit of tangible evidence to show that SOME of your 'work' has payed off, ne? I had been working with my pendulum a lot before I tried, so I guess it was used to me and... stuff >.>
I'm horrible at explaining things.
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:05 pm


Secludere
I remembered that you could move a pendulum one day and just thought it was worth a shot. I was so happy when I could, nothing like a bit of tangible evidence to show that SOME of your 'work' has payed off, ne? I had been working with my pendulum a lot before I tried, so I guess it was used to me and... stuff >.>
I'm horrible at explaining things.


Heh, just wait until you can start moving things that you are not as attuned to. I constantly have dreams of doing that... and I always wake more tired then when I go to sleep... my teacher says it could be because my body is telling me that it really wants to do that. *Sigh* one of these days...

Luck-In-Spades
Vice Captain


[Cepheus]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:30 am


I have a cool pendulum I got years ago at a Renissance Faire, a dragon claw holding a blue marble-stone-thing. I never thought of using it for dowsing though, so thanks mrgreen
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:48 pm


I got a point... I got it with a chain but it snapped so its currently around my neck on the chain my Pentagram is on lol sweatdrop I really want to try dowsing but I am unsure about how you get the answer?

Cirrus Mystallow


Ducky_18

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:11 am


I am looking into buying a pendulum. What kind should i get? Metal or stone? what kind of melat or stone? does the chain have to me any certain lengh? Does the metal or stone piece have to be any lenght? Don't mean to ask so many questions but i thought i would get it out of the way for other begginers. Thanks.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:38 pm


Get something that you connect with. Feel the pendulums and see what responds to you. I mentioned a bit how to find a pendulum in one of my previous posts =)

Luck-In-Spades
Vice Captain


Mr.Candyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:49 pm


well i made a pendulum out of a ring that i had resently bought that i really liked, and it didnt give me any wrong answeres. and i could make it swing in any direction i wanted. it was cool. but ne ways back to da story sadly i lost it yestaday when was swimming. crying but hopefully ill find it, and if not mabay someone else will find it and take care of it.
Reply
Preservation Bin

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//