Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Childfree Guild
Shut the ******** up! You're ruining nature! Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dorian greybeard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:06 am


DyingCulture
Soulwreckage
Then there was the Paulding Light. There's supposedly an abandoned road out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan's upper peninsula that's haunted. When I got there, I waited for awhile while the sun began to set, and this little puke on an ATV starts riding towards us along the road, kicking up dust everywhere, and obscuring the view. He drives by us without even looking at us, and disappears off in the other direction...only to come BACK about 15 minutes later and drive back down the way he came! stressed He started coming back about an hour later on a moped (who the hell buys a 9-10 year old a ******** moped?!), but by that time there were enough people gathered that he backed off. I was going to chuck a rock at the little ******** if he tried that again, and it was heartening to hear other people saying the same thing as he showed up in the distance.
I've been there, and while it was kind of cool, it was ruined by people with the relative intellect of a 4 year old. They honestly couldn't shut up for 5 seconds and look at the bloody light that went from "off in the distance" to "holy s**t it's like 2 feet away!" in 5 minutes. Argue about whether it's real and what stupid cobbled-together-from-five-fluffbunny-wiccan-books "religon" you subscribe to later, when you're in your car!

Never been to the "mystery spot", though. I hear it's just a big tourist trap.

Actually, the wiccan-type people were the best-behaved out of the crowd. And if it wasn't for the photographs one of them had from her earlier trips, I probably never would have even considered going back, because the rest of the people were so horrible.

I mean, there was a group of teenage girls who started throwing around a ******** beach ball as soon as they got there, because they couldn't be bothered to wait ten or fifteen minutes, to see if something would happen. stressed

As for the Mystery Spot...well, I can think of worse ways to spend $5 or so. Assuming you can avoid/deal with the omnipresent brats. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:26 am


bluecherry
pssht! you can't teach a skill like that, you've got to guard it jealously, keep it all to yourself, for when less people have it, you've got more people to use it on.
Well I don't mind teaching it to the others of the guild....


DyingCulture
Soulwreckage

Then there was the Paulding Light. There's supposedly an abandoned road out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan's upper peninsula that's haunted. When I got there, I waited for awhile while the sun began to set, and this little puke on an ATV starts riding towards us along the road, kicking up dust everywhere, and obscuring the view. He drives by us without even looking at us, and disappears off in the other direction...only to come BACK about 15 minutes later and drive back down the way he came! stressed He started coming back about an hour later on a moped (who the hell buys a 9-10 year old a ******** moped?!), but by that time there were enough people gathered that he backed off. I was going to chuck a rock at the little ******** if he tried that again, and it was heartening to hear other people saying the same thing as he showed up in the distance.
I've been there, and while it was kind of cool, it was ruined by people with the relative intellect of a 4 year old. They honestly couldn't shut up for 5 seconds and look at the bloody light that went from "off in the distance" to "holy s**t it's like 2 feet away!" in 5 minutes. Argue about whether it's real and what stupid cobbled-together-from-five-fluffbunny-wiccan-books "religon" you subscribe to later, when you're in your car!

Never been to the "mystery spot", though. I hear it's just a big tourist trap.
That is REALLY ******** annoying too... part of the beauty of nature is the silence of it... why don't people realize that?

XenoReiji
Vice Captain

Reply
The Childfree Guild

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//