Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Earth - Character Discussion
ZADR anyone? Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Walrus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:33 am


*flashback* WHYYY?! OH GOD! NO! NO! JUST NO! OH GOD! WHYYYY?! NOOOOO! NOOOOO! OHMYGOD! OH WHYYY??!? SWEET JESUS! WHYYY?! AAARRGH... I CAN FEEL MY MIND IMPLODING! OH MY GOOOD! AAAAAGH. AND THEN HE-

In short. No. And I mean, like. This kinda no.


NO

Hope I dont get kicked out for this... <3 Ta! ...*vomits*
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:20 am


The Walrus
*flashback* WHYYY?! OH GOD! NO! NO! JUST NO! OH GOD! WHYYYY?! NOOOOO! NOOOOO! OHMYGOD! OH WHYYY??!? SWEET JESUS! WHYYY?! AAARRGH... I CAN FEEL MY MIND IMPLODING! OH MY GOOOD! AAAAAGH. AND THEN HE-

In short. No. And I mean, like. This kinda no.


NO

Hope I dont get kicked out for this... <3 Ta! ...*vomits*

I highly doubt you'd get kicked out for voicing your opinion. xd

If you ever even come back in here, may I ask why you are so against it? There are plenty of completely valid arguments against it, and I am just curious of yours.

Ledell


Senri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:07 pm


I really enjoy well-written ZADR. The key is well-written, of course: Zim and Dib sitting at opposite ends of the classroom PINING for each other doesn't work for me. Heh.

I also enjoy Zim and Dib friendship. Anything with the two of them interacting in an interesting fashion, really.

http://izfa.cherry-soda.org/

That's an old website which was recently renovated to be in working order again. It was specially made to host ZADR and slash with any characters but it accepts general fic too. I have one of my stories up here. They do some quality control as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/170404/

I'd also like to take this space to plug a friend's work. She writes amazing, amazing stories, and since she does ZADF and Zim and Dib as enemies as well as ZADR I guess there's something for everyone. ^^ At least if you like fanfic.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:57 am


Senri
I really enjoy well-written ZADR. The key is well-written, of course: Zim and Dib sitting at opposite ends of the classroom PINING for each other doesn't work for me. Heh.

I also enjoy Zim and Dib friendship. Anything with the two of them interacting in an interesting fashion, really.

http://izfa.cherry-soda.org/

That's an old website which was recently renovated to be in working order again. It was specially made to host ZADR and slash with any characters but it accepts general fic too. I have one of my stories up here. They do some quality control as well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/170404/

I'd also like to take this space to plug a friend's work. She writes amazing, amazing stories, and since she does ZADF and Zim and Dib as enemies as well as ZADR I guess there's something for everyone. ^^ At least if you like fanfic.


Hey! I'm on that site! Yeah, it's been pretty great so far. I wasn't there the first time around though. I joined after they started revamping. sweatdrop

And plug J. Random Lurker as much as you want, she's GREAT. heart Definately on my favorite authors list. biggrin

Koji Imate


Kimi the Great

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:50 pm


Ledell
Kimi the Great
alls I have to say about ZADR is this:


EW!

Ew why?

The human/alien concept, or the male/male concept?


Both... plus... just... no....no......nooooo......
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:28 pm


Koji Imate
Hey! I'm on that site! Yeah, it's been pretty great so far. I wasn't there the first time around though. I joined after they started revamping. sweatdrop

And plug J. Random Lurker as much as you want, she's GREAT. heart Definately on my favorite authors list. biggrin


I wasn't on the old versions either... sweatdrop I just read fanfiction at that time, I wasn't writing it yet. The new version looks really nice.

J. Random Lurker = teh awesome. heart Her writing is so amazing. *_*

Senri


Ivy-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:15 pm


Character personalities aside, seeing that Irkens totally lack sexual organs and with that lack also comes the lack of the hormones necessary for the most important part of romance...I doubt its ever going to happen. However, I do enjoy reading friendship stories between the two.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:43 pm


eh. people have their likes and dislikes. sweatdrop
and about the sexual organs...that's when the creative mind takes place. XD i've seen some good fics explaining how things happen. DibsLyn's (from ff.net) IZ fics are my favroites.

Ichigo Stardust


Tallest Marij

Dapper Genius

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:41 am


Actually, seeing as how they explicitely have male and female Irkens, then they MUST have hormones; and if so, they must also have SOMETHING. Whether their reproductive organs have diminished over time, and whether their hormone production has been majorly filtered, who knows. The fact is, Irkens have enough hormones to create distinctive genders.

However, as I´ve said before: The wonders of animation and the imagination haven´t yet ceased to amaze.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:57 pm


yes plz xd do you know any good fics? plz tell me xp heart heart

Invader_Piale


Whimsical Hooker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:07 pm


i'm not that fond of it
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:56 pm


Kristall
Actually, seeing as how they explicitely have male and female Irkens, then they MUST have hormones; and if so, they must also have SOMETHING. Whether their reproductive organs have diminished over time, and whether their hormone production has been majorly filtered, who knows. The fact is, Irkens have enough hormones to create distinctive genders.


Well, the traits that make female Irkens distinct from male Irkens could have become vestigial with generations of asexual reproduction. However, I rather wonder about that: since reproduction is a vital trait for continuing a species could the neccessary organs be lost even if sexual reproduction had supposedly become obsolete? Am I making any sense? I'm not sure.

Senri


Ledell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:15 pm


Kimi the Great
Ledell
Kimi the Great
alls I have to say about ZADR is this:


EW!

Ew why?

The human/alien concept, or the male/male concept?


Both... plus... just... no....no......nooooo......

I see. *pats* 3nodding You don't need to come in here any longer if it pains you so. Or, if you like the pain, keep coming. xd
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:16 pm


Senri
Kristall
Actually, seeing as how they explicitely have male and female Irkens, then they MUST have hormones; and if so, they must also have SOMETHING. Whether their reproductive organs have diminished over time, and whether their hormone production has been majorly filtered, who knows. The fact is, Irkens have enough hormones to create distinctive genders.


Well, the traits that make female Irkens distinct from male Irkens could have become vestigial with generations of asexual reproduction. However, I rather wonder about that: since reproduction is a vital trait for continuing a species could the neccessary organs be lost even if sexual reproduction had supposedly become obsolete? Am I making any sense? I'm not sure.

I'd think they'd have to mess with the DNA to take it away, I doubt it would die out on its own. And you made sense to me, at least. A very good question. 3nodding

Ledell


Senri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:32 pm


Ledell
I'd think they'd have to mess with the DNA to take it away, I doubt it would die out on its own. And you made sense to me, at least. A very good question. 3nodding


Hmm, that's true. Thanks. biggrin

It makes me wonder if they would do that, even... modify the genes to get rid of reproductive organs. What with wanting to make the entire race solely loyal to the Tallest no one would want soldiers getting romantic relationships or conceiving children to distract them. But then again, this would probably be a really stupid move in the potential event of some natural disaster like a plague. Maybe. Ehh.

And I suppose the development of affectionate relationships could be neutralized by a social stigma... I feel sorry for Irkens really. Has anyone here ever read 1984 by George Orwell? I think they must live rather like the people in there...
Reply
Earth - Character Discussion

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//