Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Other: Parties, News Articles and anything that is still political but doesn't fit
The Third Parties & Independant Party Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarthNader
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:16 pm


If parties werent such a ******** bad Idea in the first pplace, I might have joined one of them.
If the natural law wast a theocratic hippie freak party, I might have sided with them.
If the libertarians werent so damn extremist economically, I might have joined them.
If it werent for the federal department of education, I might have sided with the dems...that and the fact that they're still above the authoritarian line.
If reform...eh, what the ********, lets face it, reform blows.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:51 pm


i am a liberterian pro-life christian lesbian feminist who supports the war in iraq.

nekogal2


hippynutcase

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:16 pm


Invictus_88
hippynutcase
hi, im english so the other parties dont really mean anything to me but im kind of a Liberal Democrat because i agree with most of their views and i think that the leader carles kennedy is less corrupted then tony blair or michael howard


I see, and what views are these?


hum?

labour is left wing (but nowadays adopt the same policies as the previous conservative govt.) leader tony blair

liberal democrats are in the middle (thats me) leader charles kennedy

conservative is right wing. leader michael howard


...hope that clears it up question
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:49 pm


hippynutcase
Invictus_88
hippynutcase
hi, im english so the other parties dont really mean anything to me but im kind of a Liberal Democrat because i agree with most of their views and i think that the leader carles kennedy is less corrupted then tony blair or michael howard


I see, and what views are these?


hum?

labour is left wing (but nowadays adopt the same policies as the previous conservative govt.) leader tony blair

liberal democrats are in the middle (thats me) leader charles kennedy

conservative is right wing. leader michael howard


...hope that clears it up question


no, because youre wrong.

Labour is left
Tories are right
Lib Dems are faaaaar left. Theyre as liberal as the BNP is conservative...socially. The lib dems are actually farther right economically than the BNP

DarthNader
Vice Captain


Invictus_88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:01 am


DarthNader
hippynutcase
Invictus_88
hippynutcase
hi, im english so the other parties dont really mean anything to me but im kind of a Liberal Democrat because i agree with most of their views and i think that the leader carles kennedy is less corrupted then tony blair or michael howard


I see, and what views are these?


hum?

labour is left wing (but nowadays adopt the same policies as the previous conservative govt.) leader tony blair

liberal democrats are in the middle (thats me) leader charles kennedy

conservative is right wing. leader michael howard


...hope that clears it up question


no, because youre wrong.

Labour is left
Tories are right
Lib Dems are faaaaar left. Theyre as liberal as the BNP is conservative...socially. The lib dems are actually farther right economically than the BNP


Labour keeps a leftist facade to retain the old guard but actually follows Thatcherite economc policies and has more of a right-wing approach to law and civil liberties than the Tories do.

The lib-dems however cannot be easily classified because in order to try and become a bigger party they have no real ideology and simply try to keep with populist whim. It's worked frustratingly well.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:24 pm


The Knight Terrenus
I question the wisdom of a Third/Independant Party thread. You see, I'm a Libertarian, so I fall under this category. On the other hand, Socialism and the Green Party also fall under the same category. That is about as unwise as having the Republicans and Democrats share a forum, or Fascists and Communists. Is there not some better way of organizing this?


Agreed, this is very unwise.

Soundless Explosion


Bishop_Aldweiss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:17 pm


Soundless Explosion
The Knight Terrenus
I question the wisdom of a Third/Independant Party thread. You see, I'm a Libertarian, so I fall under this category. On the other hand, Socialism and the Green Party also fall under the same category. That is about as unwise as having the Republicans and Democrats share a forum, or Fascists and Communists. Is there not some better way of organizing this?


Agreed, this is very unwise.


Not necessarily(sp). There are those of us, like myself, who do not belong to any party. Some, because every party holds some ideology that they cannot abide. Others, again like myself, of our own free will. Thus, we would belong here.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:26 pm


I'm not sure really where to go. I have strong republican veiws on some things, strong democrat views on other things, and middle ground on about everything else. Would this be the correct spot for me?

foxpaws


Nuala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:22 am


Invictus_88
hippynutcase
hi, im english so the other parties dont really mean anything to me but im kind of a Liberal Democrat because i agree with most of their views and i think that the leader carles kennedy is less corrupted then tony blair or michael howard


I see, and what views are these?


They're these views.

Speaking as another Lib Dem supporter, I'd say that they're more of a centre-left party than far left - but that's according to the UK's definitions of "far", which I think're a bit less extreme than the US' at the moment.

I think it's only the increasing shift of the previously left and right-wing parties to the right and far right that seems to be making the Lib Dems come across as more extreme - their own stance hasn't altered all that drastically.

Quote:
The lib-dems however cannot be easily classified because in order to try and become a bigger party they have no real ideology and simply try to keep with populist whim. It's worked frustratingly well.


Personally, I'd query that. The major sticking point I have on their policies is their stance on a federal Europe (ie. pro), which is a concept which has been peed on from a great height by several European nations and which has been a bone of contention amongst the British public (both informed and those who just don't like the idea of using the same currency as the Germans) for years. I'd hardly call it a populist attitude.

That or saying that if people want more money spent on things, then it has to come from somewhere.

It's not as though they even started out as pro something like Iraq, and then changed their minds. They were always the anti party - even when, if Blair had been proved right about his alleged justifications for the invasion/occupation, it would've gotten egg on their faces.

And besides... What's wrong with actually listening to the voters, if it won't hurt the country as a whole? Isn't that one of the things we should actually want politicians to do occasionally, rather than act like nannies the entire time?

(Yes, I accept that some allegedly competent voters need nannying, but..)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:44 pm


panzer45
i'm in the same boat as brigham....or tulio....whatever your name is...
but i lean pretty far right. not so far as to be called a right wing extremist.
i'm here because, although i agree with most of the republican values, if i were to call myself one of that party, i would be expected to agree with all of their values/standards.


This is also why I position myself independant.

Chibi_Brigham


MrHegemony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:53 pm


Wow...putting Libertarians and Green Party members into the same forum can be dangerous!

As for myself, I am registered as "Other" and for good reason, although it would appear that I don't need to explain my frustration with the current Two-Party system with anyone in this forum.

I voted Nader/Green Party in 2000 and John Kerry in 2004 - for one reason only: I was looking for a balance of power in the White House, and Nader had turned me off that year. I really don't follow any particular party because there hasn't been any one that I can follow whole-heartedly. The Green Party has a lot of ideals close to my own, but I differ on a lot of issues, such as gun control.

DarthNader

If parties werent such a ******** bad Idea in the first pplace[sic], I might have joined one of them.

I'm intrigued by this statement, Darth Nader, what would you propose as a substitution?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:21 pm


*is independant*

juhachi


Contra mundus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:01 pm


Wight Lord
I question the wisdom of a Third/Independant Party thread. You see, I'm a Libertarian, so I fall under this category. On the other hand, Socialism and the Green Party also fall under the same category. That is about as unwise as having the Republicans and Democrats share a forum, or Fascists and Communists. Is there not some better way of organizing this?
I Agree with this, but there's so many parties it would be hard to put all of them down.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:45 pm


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A_L_R
Vice Captain


Bishop_Aldweiss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:13 am


A_L_R
I suppose, as a member of the Ry'leh Party (bumper sticker and all), I technically belong here?

The...what? confused
Reply
Other: Parties, News Articles and anything that is still political but doesn't fit

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//