Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RP House

Back to Guilds

Where all your RP needs are met! 

Tags: Roleplay, Romance, Fantasy, RPing, action 

Reply 1x1 RP's
Regency Rumors {1x1 with Shadowstream-chan } Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:45 pm


Literary Freak
Wow...I just realized I named both the 'owner' and the Mingan's close friend Connor. Imma change the name of the close friend....call him Nando XD.


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    He was definitely going to fire that girl after this....or well...he'll just give her a 'nice' warning as to not calling him 'master' in front of people. He then shrugged. "Connor is Irish for hound-lover, or strong-willed and wise if you wanna dig deeper. So it kind of is not the same." Mingan then could tell that lady was suspicious, he better make her NOT suspicious. "They uhh....do that. You see....Master has raised me since I was a kid. He helped me make a life for myself here so sometimes the people here, call me that even though....technically I am not." Maybe THAT will stop her suspicious mood. "No he won't, he has to go to town to do business. He did tell me to......join you in case you had questions." He rubbed his neck again as he then turned to leave. "He rather prefer anyone not dining alone anyways...." He then closed the door.
    ________________________________________________________________

    "Really?"

    "Yes Really, now knock it off Nando."

    "I think she has a right to know who in god's name is her benefiter is. She is working here after all. How 'bout telling her at Dinner tonight eh?" Both Mingan and the childhood friend (Head of the Stables) were in the room, Mingan was looking at the mirror as Nando crossed his arms. "What's the harm?" "That everyone will know who I am? They'll find out I am a wedlock? Oh! Maybe some deranged people with torches, throwing them to the house and set it a fire for satan to see?! I see PLENTY of harm!" "Self-indulgent man." Nando rolled his eyes. "And if the maid did not rise her suspicious, I do not KNOW what will. Just tell her." Mingan stared at the mirror long and hard. "I'll think about it."
    ________________________________________________________________

    With Dinner ready, Mingan sighed and had to slip a letter through the door as he got one of the maids to call her a few moments later to say Dinner was ready.....and. "Master wanted me to tell you....he canceled his business and wants to see you." The letter contained his apology for not letting Jane see her, and that he was outside at the deck, where dinner and the 'Master' will be waiting.

    With Mingan in his normal, proper clothes he waited outside where a nicely furbished table was, overlooking the quiet, countryside as it was slowly getting darker...only light was the sun setting. "You better be right Nando, or I will have you wash your neck and wait."

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 am


User Image User Image User Image
Jane nodded slowly, the situation getting more and more foggy as Mingan fumbled out an explanation. What a shame he won't be joining us again, at least I will have you for good company. She smiled and turned to watch the man leave. With the click of the closed door, the woman finally unpacked the remainder of her belongings before taking a seat on the plush pile of blankets. Oh, Jane, you have gotten yourself into quite the mysterious situation.

Having managed to find herself an evening dress in her small stockpile, Jane began to prepare herself for dinner. Occasionally she found the idea of changing dresses throughout the day to be a burden, but she had to admit that most of the time she found some fun in it. Her simple day dresses were always more comfortable than her evening ones, but they were never as beautiful. The one she had managed to salvage from her deranged family had been constructed by her mother, she never got the opportunity to wear it before she passed however. With that in mind, she managed to slip it on carefully over her chemise, corset, and several petticoats. Sitting down in front of the mirror she gave a hearty sigh. Her hair was never very tamable, dark tendrils always founds their way out of whatever style she had pinned them in. It's just Mingan, so I suppose I don't have to worry as much.

Transformed into a socially acceptable lady, Jane was arranging the flowers she had picked from earlier in a vase she had found. She was waiting for the call to dinner, and could think of no better pastime than sorting through the flower assortment. Hearing a maid call for dinner, the woman stood up and froze. Mr. Adelgunde cancelled his business then? Oh dear. Jane suddenly felt very conscious of her appearance and quickly rearranged her hair in a style more fitting to society standards. When she approached the door she noticed a letter, poking out from under the door. She opened it and read the contents in the penmanship that was slowly becoming familiar to her. Dinner outside? How lovely. Closing the door, she took a breath before pursuing the deck.

As she neared her destination, Jane did her best to keep a level head. There had been much confusion earlier about the identity of this man, but now she would know precisely whom she had the privilege to serve. Perhaps he was an old, grizzled man who fancied cigars and brandy. Or maybe he was just a humble government employee. She'd find out soon enough. Reaching the deck, the woman paused to quickly adjust her appearance. Being as the dress was made for her mother, it didn't fit nearly as perfect. The neckline was slightly lower than she would have liked, but it was still in the realm of appropriateness. Hopefully Mr. Adelgunde wouldn't mind.

Stepping out onto the deck, Jane was surprised to see a very lovely arrangement and...Mingan? A rather well dressed Mingan, but it was the supposed servant nonetheless. The girl's earlier suspicions came flooding back, now with a great deal of clarity. The maid referencing him as master...even the newest of help wouldn't make such a mistake. His nervousness and hostility earlier...all appropriate reactions to having one's cover almost blown. She felt confused and a small bit agitated. She had been embarrassed and felt like she was made a fool, something Jane Knightly did not like to be seen as. Mr. Adelgunde I presume? She curtseyed pointedly, after all manners were still in play here. Do I at least get the honor of an explanation?

The dress.User Image


"ShadowStream-chan"] haha! No problem, Nando it is! xD

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    Mingan sighed a bit, as he sipped on some wine that had been opened by his servants as she asked him if she could get an explanation for all this. He stared at the hills before then prompting himself to speak: "Would any normal person want to obey a redskin? That is my question to you dear Jane. I am a wedlock to the former master of this estate, Connor Adelgunde and a servant that was shipped from the 13 colonies, who used to be in one of the Indian tribe. I have no idea in all honestly if it was love, or the need to have more servants. But when I was born, she disappeared and I was left to his care. I do not know if it was out of the guilt inside his heart or if he truly cared for her, but he raised me like I was a son. Out of public unfortunately, I was just some servant boy. If anyone knew my true identity, it would cause a bit of an uproar. You saw that Adwin guy....he would flip out if he found out I am the owner of this place. Only my servants, and a childhood friend who only comes here in the summers know my identity."

    He sipped on his wine again as he could smell the stew coming towards them. Mingan then nodded. "I heard about your predicament from gossip going about. Seems like your distant family is as dumb as a box of hairs." Then the rabbit stew came in, and it did smell good. It had a bunch of vegetables inside and had some beef stock from the cows as the fruit platter and another glass was given to the lady. "Do you want wine?" Mingan offered as he held a bottle toward her so he could pour her some. "I also would recommend you do not have my true identity spread around here? I would rather not deal with a bunch of people on my front door with torches ready to burn this place down. Can I trust that you do so?"

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:02 pm


User Image User Image User Image

Jane listened, slightly humbled, as Mingan explained his reasonings. She could understand that he would feel hesitant about revealing his identity considering that most would have quite the fit if word got out that an Indian owned the largest estate this side of London. Did she appear to be that type? To regard character based on appearance instead of heart? This was why Jane was bothered by it. Nevertheless, she felt something comparable to sympathy for this man. He had been born out of wedlock, lost his mother, and has had to hide his identity since he was young. For anyone that would be enough reason to turn bitter, but Mingan seemed quite the opposite as far as she could tell.

Jane took a seat, somewhat bewildered by the occurrences of the day. There had simply been too much in a short amount of time. After a small sigh, the girl sat up straight and studied the man in front of her. A box of hairs doesn't even begin to describe them. She joked lightly. Jane wouldn't hold this against him, he had his reasons much as she had her reasons for things. When she was offered wine, she hesitated. Drinking socially was acceptable, but she had never known anyone to drink in front of their employer. Yes, you can trust me. It is the least I can do. She pushed her glass forward, a small smile on her face. Wine would be lovely.

ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:28 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    He chuckled. "What would be the appropriate term?" He then poured some wine onto her glass as he refilled his. He loved wine and always tried to drink it as much as possible, although his 'friend' would force him to have goat/cow milk or water instead some days because Mingan was prone to injury and wine was not going to help much. "I will keep an eye on you though, just for my precaution and everyone else. Most of the employees I have here were close to being subjected to the cruelty of the downtown that can be considered a bit dangerous. Some were actually kids that came over when I was a teenager. I want to make sure they are able to stay here, an excuse to stay away from danger." He sipped his wine before continuing. "I should be bitter about everything that is wrong with life. In all honestly, I do not feel anything horrific about it. My Father was a good man, he treated me with dignity....far better than...what I have heard anyways. So I am grateful for him, and the staff I have here....well...Nando especially...although I am really tempted to dunk him in the water sometimes and watch him squirm before bringing him back to shore, all soaking wet. That's normal to think that sometimes on a friend right?" He then imagined himself dragging Nando to the water, and throwing him to the lake before watching the man's head and shoulders peek out and shout out of sheer cold. Some laughter would admit, and Mingan would give himself a 5 second headstart before Nando would try to do the same to the master. "Besides the fact I hid myself from you and that you're staying at my Mom's room, was there any other questions you would like to ask me?" He was thinking about showing her the library, she might enjoy it once she was done with her duties.

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:53 pm


User Image User Image User Image

Oh, I don't know. Something along the lines of pompous and arrogant nitwits. But I shouldn't be saying that about family. Jane sipped her wine. It was remarkably fine, some of the best she's had the pleasure of tasting. Her father always joked about judging the character of a man based on the wine he chooses for dinner. My, you're rather charitable for doing so. I really cannot express my gratitude enough. She took another sip, pausing to listen to the man in front of her.

So Nando and him were good friends then? Jane laughed along with him, easing up from the earlier tension. She had never had many close friends, besides those that worked for her family. Most respectable ladies in society wanted little involvement with her and her oddities. She didn't wish to discuss the latest courtships or fashions, but rather a new book or study that was printed. Jane finished the last of her wine and debated asking for more.

Your mother's room? She was surprised. He would allow her to take up residence in her room? The woman poured herself her own wine, filling the glass just slightly past what she would have thought proper. Oh well, waste not want not. I do wonder about who you really are, Mr. Adelgunde. I asked you once to describe yourself to me, but I see that none of that was truly relevant. For instance, do you dance? Jane asked with a smile. She absolutely enjoyed dancing, and would often spend her time alone practicing in her room. Before her father had banned her from attending anymore large parties, she would dance so much her feet would hurt and she could hardly walk.

User Image


ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:22 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    Mingan was somewhat concerned when she showed a surprised face when asked that she was staying at her mother's room. "Yes unfortunately. It was the only room available....since a lot of the bedrooms reserved for servants; male and female are full." He then ate some of his dinner as he did not want it to be cold. It was made by the cooks so of course he rather eat his serving as well as some fruit to make sure no food was wasted. If food WAS not to be eaten, it was a treat for the animals....or dogs specifically. He then blinked when she claimed that when he described himself, it was not relevant. "Sooooo......was there something you wanted me to mention about myself? Dancing wise, I never danced..." He admitted right there and then. "I avoided parties since well...if disguised as a servant, we focused on serving others...never once we danced. So I always avoided them in possible." He then stopped drinking his wine and had a servant go replace the glass with some water instead...he was feeling his tongue going dry. "If you do wanna try to attend Adwin's parties, I won't judge. I do want to warn you though...He is a.....I'll be blunt....he is an nosey parker, he will ask too many questions. If it gets that bad to where he actually tries to find me, Nando told me he was willingly to play the 'Poster Child'...aka...pretend to be the owner."

    Mingan then stood up and adjusted his shirt. "And about who I really am? I cannot say for sure......Some say I am charitable or generous...I don't think so. I am somewhat self-indulging...and of course if you wanna add a creepy trait...a bit possessive. But it seems like in this land, one has to hide desires in order to fit in. You ever feel like that?"

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 pm


User Image User Image User Image
Please don't think me ungrateful! I was just surprised that you would let a stranger into such a intimate room. Jane quietly partook of the food in front of her. The stew was wonderful and filled her with warmth. It was hearty and rich, something that reminded her of the cooking her father had particularly enjoyed. Well I suppose describing oneself isn't quite as easy as I had thought. She sampled some fruit, enjoying the strawberries the most. They had always been her favorite fruit.

Mr. Adwin is an insufferable man. I would only consider attending his parties to have a night of fun. Jane replied. Besides, if she was to be working, there might not be all that much time for parties. If she were to attend one of his gatherings, she was remarkably good at making herself scarce. She could weave in and out of crowds quite easily. She watched Mingan stand and nodded along with the conversation. Well, I pray you don't feel that you have to act around me. Jane was much too familiar with the sensation of portraying herself to be more suitable in other's eyes.

She stood and smoothed out her dress. You said you never danced. Would you find me too bold as to ask for you to join me in a small number? Tomorrow I will start work and we can pursue a more professional code of conduct. Jane looked at the wine with a small smile, Papa always said to share wine and neglect merriment was a waste of good money.

User Image


ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:26 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    He then held out his hand when she shouted at him. "You misunderstood me Miss Jane. I do admit I was surprised that you were fond of the objects that were in that room. For some reason, those objects scare me. Call me ignorant if you want to, but to me it seems to call me...and that call makes me nervous." He then watched her eat the stew which he was pleased, at the very least she will get her fill. "The cooks are very good, they are the reason I am as healthy as I am." He chuckled, trying to show no sign of ungratefulness. "And hopefully, both will not have to act." He then could see she stood up and offered to join a small number with him, that tomorrow will be work and had to have professional code of conduct. Mingan would've said no, but then he thought....what was he going to do after this?

    "Well.....I guess I am willing to try." He stood up and then tried to remember how one danced. "One hand on the hip, other holding your hand." He then made sure his hand rested on the girl, pulling her a little close. "Now dear Jane, I think you would have to teach me how one is to move?" He seemed to tease her a bit, as this was the first time he touched a woman like this.

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm


User Image User Image User Image

Jane smiled in delight when Mingan agreed. That's the spirit. She was utterly convinced that if someone was to put their mind to it, they could accomplish anything. Anything seems impossible until it is accomplished. For example, she just convinced her employer to partake in a dance.

Yes, that's right. I'll set my hand on your shoulder like so. She rested one hand comfortably on his shoulder, noting the height difference. She wasn't a short girl, in fact she was one of the taller women in her social circle. Mingan was however a deal taller than her and his towering height made her feel just the slightest bit uncomfortable. She cleared her throat before continuing. Well, usually a night starts with a minuet. But those are rather complicated. Perhaps just a simple three step then. Follow my lead. She took a step back and started a rather slow form of the dance. She was having a good deal of fun, more than she has had the hope of having in the past few weeks.

User Image


ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    He stared down at her feet, as he made sure his feet followed her's as they both moved a bit slowly. He did take note that the dance was not....that complicated. But of course she did say there usually was a minuet. What did that mean? He'll have to ask her later. As they were dancing, he took note that the speed was getting faster, but it was only slowly so none of them were taken by surprise. As they danced, he could see she was kind of staring away. "Do I look intimidating?" He had to ask, since sometimes Nando tells him how intimidating he can look sometimes, even though he didn't mean to. "It does seem....entertaining to dance with someone you know and trust." He then had to wonder. "This is usually accompanied by music right? I bet it is nice....really nice."He had to grin since he was imagining what it would be like to dance at a party, with pretty music surrounding the room.

    "Is this your first time dancing with someone? Particularly your employer?" He chuckled, waiting for her answer as they danced.

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 pm


User Image User Image User Image

Jane laughed lightly at his question. Just a bit. She teased and continued on with the three step. He seemed fully invested in the dance, or at least to make sure he didn't step on her toes.She couldn't say that such a thing hadn't happened to her before. Parties often contained a fair deal of alcohol, and towards the end of the evening her dance partners were quite a deal less coordinated. Oh? So you trust me then? She joked and laughed once more. It felt remarkable to act so lighthearted again. The music they play is wonderful. It fills the air with whatever mood the musicians want. And the people follow along to the mood. Jane explained, her thoughts slipping back into dance halls filled with jigs and english country dances.

No, this isn't my first time dancing with someone. I had a good deal of fun, but Papa never really allowed me to attend parties. She was silent for a moment, the growing sound of crickets filling the air as dusk was fading into nightfall. I would have to say this is my first time dancing with my employer, which wasn't as disappointing as I would have thought. She teased.

User Image


ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:38 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    "Maybe I do trust you." He let it out there as the dancing continued, their only music was the crickets chirping and maybe a few howls that were far off. She did mention that the music was wonderful, that it always created a mood for the dancers to follow. "I see...." He then let her continue to talk, about how her father never allowed her to attend parties and that dancing with him was not as disappointing as she thought. "Good....I do not plan on disappointing." He then did the [almost] unthinkable as he grabbed her hand and twirled her around to where her back was pressed against him creating a barrier around her with his arms. "I do see some people dance this way sometimes, is it common or no?"

    After a good minute like that, he then let her go as he then backed off as he then sighed. "Thank you for having dinner with me, and I do want to show you something before our meeting comes to a close. Do you like libraries?"

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:48 pm


User Image User Image User Image

Jane was shocked by Mingan's sudden brashness. The impropriety made her blush furiously and she would have put a large distance between them had she not been ensnared in his arms. N-no, I would have to say this is very uncommon. She cleared her throat, and when she was released put herself at a reasonable distance. Their situation was edgy enough, but such a display would surely cause disastrous effects if anyone saw. Unmarried women had but their good reputation. Without it they would surely face incredible hardships.

Flustered enough to last the remainder of the night, Jane was about to take her leave when a library was mentioned. Libraries? Why yes I fancy them very much. She replied, somewhat puzzled. She had quite the assortment of books she brought with her. They were titles she had read over and over again. Books had been her one true companion for most of her lifetime.

User Image


ShadowStream-chan

chai pudding

Merry Partier


ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 pm


Literary Freak
User Image


◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯

Mingan: Owner of Adelgunde Estates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
OOC;;

    Mingan nodded and then had her follow him to one of the rooms, where they had to go through a long hallway, before turning to the right and then in front of them was a huge door. It seemed like it was an entrance to a different world. "My Father, and the people before him have collected books from their travels in different countries. It has to be translated of course." He then opened the door to the Library where many MANY books were stored in shelves along with chairs to rest in as natural lighting seemed inside the room when bright. "If this is not the place where every book in the entire world is here, I do not know what is." He then turned to her. "You have my permission to come in here anytime when you are done with your duties. Tomorrow, Derick who is in charge of your work will guide you on how to handle the garden. Some of your work clothes should be in your room by now. I do wish you goodnight Dear Jane. I will see you in the morning." He then walked past her, letting her go look at the library while he decided he wanted to go to his room and rest up for a bit, and then in the morning he will work and do his usual.

◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯ ● ◯
Reply
1x1 RP's

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//