Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy XI

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: final fantasy XI, mmorpg, squareenix, eleven 

Reply Final Fantasy XI
buying gil and selling it do you condone this Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you condone this(or accept this is what condone means)
yes
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
no
73%
 73%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 34


Miraclewhip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:25 pm


That's why Gaia doesn't sell Gold for real money. (excluding Donation Letters) But those are different.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:29 am


It's like botting. People are too lazy to get their own money, so they buy it.

I don't like it. However, if I found a friend of mine was buying gil, I wouldn't go apesh*t on 'em. I'd just mumble and grumble and continue on. sweatdrop

Majokko Achan


The Horny Coroner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:34 pm


It completely ******** up the economy by producing inflation.

Thanks, assholes, for ruining the game for newcomers like myself.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:35 pm


Yes, it's stupid and f***s up the economy. I farm my OWN gil thank you very much.

Also, someone once told me..."At the beginning of the game, a stack of silk thread cost 3k, but look how high it is now! Ridiculous!" BTW, on Kujata, it's been up to 21k before! surprised

Yeah, thanks af***ing lot, gilsellers. stare

Nezumiiro


Zonist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:30 am


Like most of you, I don't like the fact that gil sellers camp NMs 24/7 and that they ruin the economy and what not, but I have stopped complaining and actually did something about it. People say if you train the gil sellers they will leave but that dosn't work, and other people just sit there and emote on them over and over, like that's gunna work. So what did I do? I learned a little bit of chinese and started talking to the gil sellers and got to know them. Why? Becuase now when they are getting the Mee Deggi spawn over and over, I'm in their party. So yeah a lot of people get mad at me now for "siding with the enemy" but these guys are going to get the spawn every time anyway, so why not get a cut of the gil when they do? I was PTd with a guy who had 11 Och. Kotes in his bazaar, and if I have to PT with him just to make gil, so be it. You can't make them leave, so if you are really desperate for money, learn chinese and group with them. Eventually if there are enough non gil sellers grouping with gil sellers, the amount of gil they make will drop, and essentially their real life profit will drop, and who knows that might put them out of business.
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:42 pm


well i mean it is aganst the rules of play online... because you making a buisness out of a business and that is against the law... that and those a** holes camp the nms no fun for the rest of us right

VaginaMuncher


Lyes

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 pm


Personally normally don't care about this kind of stuff. People complain about how it messes up the economy and all that junk, but personally I say the economy was destined to be messed up since SE decided to let players control the market.

Prices are going up because more and more people are getting rich. The game has been out for a while so you have high level characters who have gil to throw around like nobodies business. If someone buys gil or bots or junk like that, it really doesn't affect me that much. Yes, these gil buyers go to AH and buy stuff at rediculous prices, giving other people the idea. Hey if THEY can sell if for 1million gil, I should sell mine for 1million gil. And like suckers people keep paying, and let me let you in on a little secret. They are going to keep raising the price as long as people keep paying.

As for gil sellers, one word. Genious. They take over a NM drop and jack up the price so people feel they need to buy gil to get them. The dumbies buy gil from the same people running up the price. So they just end up giving back the gil they payed for, ironic huh.

Which that is the REAL reason why people are mad at gil sellers. Is how they hog up the NM drops. Really if SE just made all NM drops rare/ex, so they couldn't be sold or traded then all the people crying over NM's being over camped would stop. Only people who really needed the item would camp NM's and all would be well.

As for the economy, really teenagers are a vast majority of the population, and SE said go ahead manage your own economy. What do you expect it to be like. I don't care about gil buying, I don't play FFXI to make gil, so its not a problem for me.

But in some fairness I'm a Beastmaster. I don't have the peer pressure to get the 'leet' gear. My pet doesn't go "OMFG you don't have Sniper Rings OR Astral Rings!""
/em Desert Spider boots you from party.

But yeah people are sheep, you either follow blindly or stray for the flock. I took the bst path and chose to stray. ^^
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:59 pm


for me i do not like buying/selling gil because it ruins the game..... many of the gilsellers that camp the NM wel.... they take it all for themselves..... and also hairpin on my server is almost 1 mil O.O! anyways yea it ruins the game a whole bunch! everything that was cheap is going higher(greedy people is natural........ but gilsellers make it a ton worse because when there isnt anymore of that item they jack it up so they can sell the gil that they get)
if they can get all gil sellers out of the game then the game wouldnt be so hard to get an item!lol

Tsujiaikun

Reply
Final Fantasy XI

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//