|
|
| Is the Bad Thread idea a bad idea? |
| yeah...it's a no-go |
|
9% |
[ 3 ] |
| no, I think it's cool |
|
90% |
[ 28 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 31 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:31 am
On second thought, I think I will rant a little bit. Earlier I was talking to a friend of mine on AIM. She knows I hate children, in fact when I told her, she even got somewhat angry about it. So we'd stopped talking for a few days, but eventually she got over it enough to let it pass. Or so I'd thought.
So in our conversation today, she mentions something about how her brother just made her day. She replies with something about how he'll be going to see her, and bringing his van so that they can go out and do stuff. Then, simply because she could, she tacks on "And he just told me that he and his new wife are trying to give me a little niece or nephew. That's what really made my day."
*Shudders* Why can't people ever learn to keep their mouths shut about things which they know bother others? And to top it all off, she then said and I quote: "I know you hate kids, but I love them. So... feign happiness for me." *Shakes my head* At least she agreed not to tell me if they actually succeed in their quest to bring another unneeded person into this world. That's some saving grace at least.
I honestly don't know why I bother talking to some people.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:14 am
My rant for the night, double standards.
I hate them. Mainly it's about the people that pull off the road when me and my S.O. are walking somewhere, just so they can tell us how gross our being a couple is. Even worse are the ones that shout it while driving by, and the chicks that walk up and hit on him, because we can't possibly be dating. scream
You see the thing is, I'm 5'11", 208lbs. He's 5'4", and weights in at 98lbs, with his steel toes on. Now if it was a guy my size dating a girl his size, noone would think twice... but no.... I have people I've known for years come up and tell me this and make rude and insulting comments on a daily basis!
You'd think that since we've been together 3 years and4 months they'd get the picture. We don't care.
This is one case where size really doesn't matter.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:09 pm
Heh, and here I said I'd never be using this thread. sweatdrop
Why is it that women always feel the need to lead you on for awhile before telling you they're already involved with someone else? And then why do they feel the need to rub salt in the still-fresh wound by giving the exact same "if I'd gotten to know you sooner" routine? If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard something along those lines, I'd be able to treat myself to a decent dinner at one of the nicer restaurants here. Alone of course. confused
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:35 pm
Some people can't appreciate hard work. My sister for example. Today I made the grave mistake of drinking the last Pepsi. So, she decided to go berserk, kicking and screaming and complaining how I do absolutely nothing and don't go to school, yatta, yatta, yatta. All this in the middle of the spotless kitchen. What. The. ******** the one that does all of the housework. All of it. They only barely keep their rooms clean. And yet they still have the gall to complain about 'No-good, slutty, lazy-a** Rachel'. Oh yeah. Wonderful. I feel so appreciated. I'm going to go curl up in my room and cry. biggrin Ahh, bliss.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:43 pm
One of my friends pissed me off today. She made a post on LiveJournal saying how she was tired of trying to be tolerant and accepting of homosexuals. Something about a guy she liked telling her that he was "with him."
She said things along the lines of, "a man is meant to be with a woman, plain and simple, leave the men to us women, you asswipes!" etc.
This just really pissed me off. She was the last person I would expect to feel that way. Oh, and she claims she's not homophobic... stare
I'm sorry, I just can't stand people with narrow-minded views like that. It put me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. She has lost so much respect from me.
(/rant)
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:48 pm
Homophobic people piss me off, too. There are a lot at my school. It sucks.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:03 pm
Homophobic people also really piss me off. I have had two very close gay friends, so the issue of gay rights is very close to my heart. I remember a debate in high school about gay rights and the other side was full of religious morons and ignorant dumbasses. It's really hard to argue with someone when they use their religion as an argument.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:05 pm
It's kind of stupid that they use religion. It's called "seperation of church and state". So there.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:07 pm
Xander McCullon It's kind of stupid that they use religion. It's called "seperation of church and state". So there. Yup, not to mention the often overlooked Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". By that logic, we should try to keep homophobes from getting married. It just sucks that the good stuff from the bible is often overlooked. EDIT: I am not religious, FYI.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:11 pm
Xander McCullon Homophobic people piss me off, too. There are a lot at my school. It sucks. My school is not too bad, or maybe it's just the people I hang around. I know quite a few openly homosexual people and aren't shy to show their affections towards their love. And a lot of the guys I know who are straight are comfortable with it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:14 pm
They can't deny us the right to get married under the law! It's not consitutional! Religion has nothing to do with it. Equal rights for everyone. Sorry, had to rant, but then that's what this thread is for. My school sucked too. Gald I'm out.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:14 pm
Calitar Xander McCullon It's kind of stupid that they use religion. It's called "seperation of church and state". So there. Yup, not to mention the often overlooked Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". By that logic, we should try to keep homophobes from getting married. It just sucks that the good stuff from the bible is often overlooked. EDIT: I am not religious, FYI. Heh, and you gotta love how the same passage that is against homosexuals in the Bible (which is pretty vague to begin with) is in the same book as laws saying you can sell your daughter, can't eat shellfist, etc. Hypocrites much? I have nothing against religious people, because I know a few that support homosexual rights. But I can't stand the closeminded ones... >.<
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:19 pm
Hmmmm.... me need to use this thread more often but me not been depressed or angry recently....... I don't know why..... come to think of it I haven't had the urge to light fire either..... weird....
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:22 pm
yakuko Calitar Xander McCullon It's kind of stupid that they use religion. It's called "seperation of church and state". So there. Yup, not to mention the often overlooked Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". By that logic, we should try to keep homophobes from getting married. It just sucks that the good stuff from the bible is often overlooked. EDIT: I am not religious, FYI. Heh, and you gotta love how the same passage that is against homosexuals in the Bible (which is pretty vague to begin with) is in the same book as laws saying you can sell your daughter, can't eat shellfist, etc. Hypocrites much? I have nothing against religious people, because I know a few that support homosexual rights. But I can't stand the closeminded ones... >.< Actually, from what I understand that book is pretty much just a bunch of religous laws that no longer really apply and no one really follows anymore. They were just looking for a reason to say "God hates fags!!!!!111one" There are other places in the Bible that can be interpreted as being against gays, but I've also read up on it and it can all be explained away due to translator error/bias. Also, what the hell are the pope's letters to the Romans doing in the bible?!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 pm
Calitar Actually, from what I understand that book is pretty much just a bunch of religous laws that no longer really apply and no one really follows anymore. They were just looking for a reason to say "God hates fags!!!!!111one" There are other places in the Bible that can be interpreted as being against gays, but I've also read up on it and it can all be explained away due to translator error/bias. Also, what the hell are the pope's letters to the Romans doing in the bible?! Yeah, that's basically what I meant, I think. sweatdrop There's so many things that make the bible oh-so-hypocrital. But I'm not going to go into it. I just don't understand why we're still expected to follow laws from a 2000+ year old book.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|