|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 pm
I've been running at least one guild since the day they became available to us to use, and I give a hearty cheer for all that is in that proposal...it's everything I've ever wanted to be able to do with a guild 4laugh
Bravo to everyone involved!!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm
Here ye Here ye This is the proposal of the year ye
-captain really blitzy-
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 am
Thanks for assembling this; as a Gaian who only comes on Gaia for guilds, I really appreciate your dedication to our agenda. As a side note, has this been sent yet? I think it would benefit from more professional writing which is clearer about some of our requests.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:42 am
KittyKat62 Thanks for assembling this; as a Gaian who only comes on Gaia for guilds, I really appreciate your dedication to our agenda. As a side note, has this been sent yet? I think it would benefit from more professional writing which is clearer about some of our requests. The proposal has been sent to Pan and it's basically the list of what we want. He said he would get with us on fine tuning later- at least that is what he originally said. He asked for a concise list and what methods we could use to avoid abuse- lol. I think we have given him what he asked for. And in the proposal, we clearly state we will work with the developers and artists to fine tune everything. After all, if we want a guild store, we have to tell them exactly what we want!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:00 pm
mamarita KittyKat62 Thanks for assembling this; as a Gaian who only comes on Gaia for guilds, I really appreciate your dedication to our agenda. As a side note, has this been sent yet? I think it would benefit from more professional writing which is clearer about some of our requests. The proposal has been sent to Pan and it's basically the list of what we want. He said he would get with us on fine tuning later- at least that is what he originally said. He asked for a concise list and what methods we could use to avoid abuse- lol. I think we have given him what he asked for. And in the proposal, we clearly state we will work with the developers and artists to fine tune everything. After all, if we want a guild store, we have to tell them exactly what we want! That sounds awesome, mamarita ^_^ Keep our fingers crossed long enough and maybe our dreams will come true!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am
Just a quick update- Panagrammic has the proposal, he's just swamped and it took him a while to get it. He will review what has been sent and get back with us. Don't hold your breath that this will be done in the next few weeks, but I am confident we will get something good out of this!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:52 am
Thank you again those who worked on the proposal! If even one of the options in the proposal were made possible, that would really make my day heart
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 pm
I like it, a lot of the requests are stuff that I remember wanting to happen for quite some time if I can recall correctly.
I especailly admire the option to perform mass-deletion of posts. that can help alot of guilds that are pretty messy.
Rearranging, and selling back subforums seems to be a good necessity as well.
Although, I seem to be missing the grasp on why these would be necessary adjustments... sweatdrop mamarita -Set up subforums within the forums - IN ANY CASE, WE WANT THE USE OF TREASURY TO BE LOGGED AND VISIBLE TO ALL MEMBERS. A subforum inside a subforum would most likely be verry seldomly used, in my opinion. Take this guild for example, where would you put a subforum inside another subforum? I just don't see any guilds actually putting it to use...
And I don't understand the deal with the treasury log. Members aren't allowed to use the gold in it anyways, right? So, why would them being able to view the log be benificial? Although I agree with the logic that relationships with secrecy shows unhonost diplomacy, but how useful would it really be for members?
I'm not doubting that these are good ideas, I just don't quite understand the nature of them...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:30 am
pheonix20222 I like it, a lot of the requests are stuff that I remember wanting to happen for quite some time if I can recall correctly.
I especailly admire the option to perform mass-deletion of posts. that can help alot of guilds that are pretty messy.
Rearranging, and selling back subforums seems to be a good necessity as well.
Although, I seem to be missing the grasp on why these would be necessary adjustments... sweatdrop mamarita -Set up subforums within the forums - IN ANY CASE, WE WANT THE USE OF TREASURY TO BE LOGGED AND VISIBLE TO ALL MEMBERS. A subforum inside a subforum would most likely be verry seldomly used, in my opinion. Take this guild for example, where would you put a subforum inside another subforum? I just don't see any guilds actually putting it to use...
And I don't understand the deal with the treasury log. Members aren't allowed to use the gold in it anyways, right? So, why would them being able to view the log be benificial? Although I agree with the logic that relationships with secrecy shows unhonost diplomacy, but how useful would it really be for members?
I'm not doubting that these are good ideas, I just don't quite understand the nature of them... The answer to number one question is more for RP guilds- they really need to be able to do this. The answer to number 2 is that we had to come up with some sort of way to try and prevent abuse, and it was generally decided that if the membership had a viable way of keeping some sort of gatekeeping, that would work. The system is already in place on the moderator's panel. We will just utilize that area and allow members to view the log
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:41 am
mamarita The answer to number one question is more for RP guilds- they really need to be able to do this. The answer to number 2 is that we had to come up with some sort of way to try and prevent abuse, and it was generally decided that if the membership had a viable way of keeping some sort of gatekeeping, that would work. The system is already in place on the moderator's panel. We will just utilize that area and allow members to view the log I guess I cann see it 3nodding ... I'm all for it... wink
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:28 pm
Basically has everything asked by everyone in general. Like it pretty much.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:26 am
I like the majority of the ideas mentioned, but I also know that the guilds have been left for so long and I highly doubt that the developers will ever make any changes to them.
You can keep asking, and I'll be there to support the cause, but I wouldn't go holding my breath.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am
Outlaw Vagabond I like the majority of the ideas mentioned, but I also know that the guilds have been left for so long and I highly doubt that the developers will ever make any changes to them. You can keep asking, and I'll be there to support the cause, but I wouldn't go holding my breath. You made a point that I brought up to Panagrammic- the guilds have been neglected for far too long- like 7years- and it's our turn!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm
mamarita Outlaw Vagabond I like the majority of the ideas mentioned, but I also know that the guilds have been left for so long and I highly doubt that the developers will ever make any changes to them. You can keep asking, and I'll be there to support the cause, but I wouldn't go holding my breath. You made a point that I brought up to Panagrammic- the guilds have been neglected for far too long- like 7years- and it's our turn! Even little things to bring them up to date would be nice. Like the pop up to post replies and just the general look and feel of the guild forums. I'm still not holding my breath though. I'll start believing when one of the developers posts in here saying they're working on it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:21 am
Outlaw Vagabond I'm still not holding my breath though. I'll start believing when one of the developers posts in here saying they're working on it. Very much a ditto on this one. If Pan is working on this (I don't doubt that he's told Rita they are, I also don't trust Dev's as far as I can throw them ...) then it would be nice to see him post in here with progress and thoughts on the ideas rather then leaving us in the dark about their merit and viability. Updating the guilds core seems an incredibly logical place to start but they still haven't done it so it makes me wonder if they ever intend to. PL - The eternally cynical!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|