|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:02 am
Judge you said it perfectly. Thank you. I agree with what you said too. <3 God Bless You sister, for stating your opinion. <3
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:49 pm
Personally I don't really care about homosexuals I mean they are sinning, but I don't judge people,and it's not right for others to judge them either so. I know some and I talk and listen to them and it doesn't really make a difference to me. As for abortions, I'm totally against them, unless the mother's health is in danger, that is the only time I think it's ok to get and abortion. I mean for people that get raped or get pregnant unexpectedly, if you do not want the baby there is always a like something that you do like give the baby up for adoption, because there are women who can't have children and would love to adopt, so these are just my opinions.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:22 am
The mothers health endangered one bothers me though. If I was having a baby, and the doctors told me I would die, I would die to have my baby. I know I am going to Heaven.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 am
True if we have a chance and to give life then we should be all for it and i know where i am going after death
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:37 am
Paranormal Zombiiie See I don't agree with that abortion one. I can understand putting the baby up for adoption, but killing an innocent just because something bad happened to you? I do understand, the baby came out of something bad, but still, its a living life. Not only that, but a lot of people would love to have that baby, because some couples can't have their own children. I think it depends really on how stong the woman who was rapped is. That baby could or starts out as a thing of hate tearing away at her soul and it could either have the 9 months to tear her down being used as another attack by the devil or she can go to god and that baby could be a redemption. Sometimes I question weather sending a baby back to god in this case is actually protecting their innocense before they are born. I don't agree with killing and I've never been in the situation of being pregnant after being rapped. I was Rapped on the other hand and that was something I was questioning myself on. I don't think she should be attacked more because she tries to choose what is right for herself, it is not the churches or peoples right to judge. That is up to god.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 pm
VodkaLeona Paranormal Zombiiie See I don't agree with that abortion one. I can understand putting the baby up for adoption, but killing an innocent just because something bad happened to you? I do understand, the baby came out of something bad, but still, its a living life. Not only that, but a lot of people would love to have that baby, because some couples can't have their own children. I think it depends really on how stong the woman who was rapped is. That baby could or starts out as a thing of hate tearing away at her soul and it could either have the 9 months to tear her down being used as another attack by the devil or she can go to god and that baby could be a redemption. Sometimes I question weather sending a baby back to god in this case is actually protecting their innocense before they are born. I don't agree with killing and I've never been in the situation of being pregnant after being rapped. I was Rapped on the other hand and that was something I was questioning myself on. I don't think she should be attacked more because she tries to choose what is right for herself, it is not the churches or peoples right to judge. That is up to god. Very True, but there is a consequence to abortion that we all dont see. Emotional health of the person who doesn't do it. I've talked to people who had had abortions at first they are fine, but Emotionally they can become a wreck after a while.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 am
On homosexuality I'm going to post something I posted in other threads:
-steps on soapbox-
I'm going to go over key verses and explain what the Bible doesn't say about Homosexuality and why you shouldn't really pay pastors any mind.
First up is Leviticus
Leviticus 18:22 NIV Wrote:
22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable. Now what's interesting about Leviticus is that it's apart of the OT. As many of you know, the OT is the first 5 books of the Torah, Tankh. As many of you know or should know is that the Torah is Jewish law. Now why should a Christian follow Jewish law? Since when were Christians Jewish? Leviticus refers to Jewish priests not Homosexuals.
Now in Deuteronomy 23:17, Canaanites had male and female prostitutes. The Hebrew word for male prostitute is actually qadesh not Sodomite. What your pastor told you happens to be a mistranslation. Also it's referring to idolatry being an abomination. They considered same sex relations to be idolatrous not adulterous.
Leviticus 20:13 NIV Wrote:
13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
An abomination is something that God finds to be unclean. There are many things that God deems as unclean like shrimp for example.
However according to Galataians 3:22-25, we are no longer required to follow Jewish Law.
Galatians 3:22-25 NIV Wrote: 22But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
23Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ[a] that we might be justified by faith. 25Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.
Now onto Romans.
ROMANS 1:24-27 Wrote: 4Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Many of the NT books don't actually talk about homosexual relationships, they're actually quite silent on them. Paul is the only author of the NT books to even mention it. Must make him feel pretty special right? However, Romans refers to the same thing Leviticus refers to, in regards to homosexuality, idolatry.
Paul is actually describing to God in an "unnatural way" by accepting the Gentile Christians. Unnatural does not refer to that of which isn't nature but the contradiction of one's own nature. Because of this we should view a person who either gay or lesbian as being "unnatural" trying to live as a straight person.
The interesting thing about Romans 1:26 is that this could be the only reference of lesbianism in the Bible, it's plausible but not really possible. However, this verse could actually be referring to women having a more dominant role, it's possible, seeing that during Paul's time, his culture was very repressive and restrictive of women.
The homosexual acts described in Roman 1:27 aren't the same acts that we see today. The homosexual acts we see today are more loving and caring than what they were in Paul's time. In those days, it was more idolatrous.
Next up: Corinthians.
I CORINTHIANS 6:9 Wrote: 9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
This is a mistranslation. Sorry guys. What Paul was really condemning was those who were effeminate and abusers of mankind. People have unmasked the homophobic undertones of this verse. The first word Malkos which in Greek is effeminate isn't taking about guys who act like women. Sorry but no. It's talking about those who lack any discipline or any moral control. The second word arsenokoitai which occurs once in Corinthians and once in Timothy, but it doesn't occur in any other book. It comes from two Greek words, one meaning male, the other being bed. It's a euphemism for sexual intercourse. There were other Greek words were commonly used to refer to homosexuality, however, but the don't appear in this book. Taking a closer look at Corinthians we can tell that Paul was actually concerned with Prostitutes, not Gays. However people have translated this verse, the problem is they did it incorrectly. Compared to the original Hebrew and Greek versions, this verse is completely different.
In short, there is no law, no condemnation or a sin against Homosexuality. There is nothing wrong with it. God is not against the current version of homosexuality. Many people who are Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgender, etc are not only in committed relationships but love each other like a straight couple would. What you guys are doing is wrongly judging homosexuals. Refer to Matthew 7:1.
Also, Paul made it very very clear in Galatians.
Galatians 5:14: "The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Stop listening to what your pastors teach you. Try taking about Hebrew and Greek in order to find out the true meaning of the Bible. Don't believe everything the Bible says at face value. Dig deeper into it. There is a lot more than what you see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to make this clear. Just because someone is pro-choice does not mean that they are for abortion. I think abortion is morally wrong, however I believe that it is up to the woman to choose whether or not. Making abortion illegal is only going to force women to have children. We have more than enough children in foster care who aren't being adopted. Either because of mental problems, abuse, or that they're teenagers.
Adoption is a double edged sword. The child can go to a a safe caring home. But people don't realize that there is a chance for a child to go to an unloving, abusive home. Two of my best friends are adopted. I'm not saying that everyone is like this, but I'm using their experiences on how adoption is a double edged sword.
My best friend Dominic (some people call him Ryan) was adopted when he was 8. His adoptive mother adopted him, and wanted to help him because he was stranded in Switzerland or something..anyways, at first his parents loved him dearly but as he got older they treated him differently. His father would beat him while his mother only watched. His parents also told him that his mother was nothing more than a whore) his biological mother is dead, she didn't give up for adoption, he was moreso seperated from her), and his older brother attacked him. Because of this Dominic has tried to kill himself several times over the past 6 years that I have known him. He is an alcoholic, and a drug user. He is 20.
My other friend Stacy was adopted when she was 3 from Russia. Unlike Dominic she was abused when she 2 years old by her mother. You may think that her parents adopting her was a god send, but that's not the case. As Stacy became a teenager, her parents have called her stupid, worthless, said she was fat. She was blamed for the acts of her two siblings who were also adopted. She would have to do the cooking and clean the whole house while the rest of her family did nothing. When she was 14, she cut herself with plastic ties of some sort and she even tried to end her own life. She is 18.
Abortion may cause emotional strain, only because those who get abortions are told what kind of horrible people they are. Demonetization can cause extreme emotional strain and trauma. It would be much worse for those who set their children up for adoption and later found out that their children were being abused.
I believe that a women who gets an abortion isn't selfish. In fact I believe she is selfless. Getting an abortion takes a lot of thought and a lot of strength. I commend those women who choose to get an abortion. These women who do get an abortion, do it because they know that their child would suffer or that their own lives would be in danger. I believe those who put their children up for adoption are nothing more than selfish people. Much like those who want to adopt children. Stacy's mother had 5 children before getting cervical cancer. Because of that she decided to adopt. neutral
Rape is not only a serious crime, but it also leaves the victim emotionally and psychologically scarred. According to RAINN.org or the Rape, Abuse and Incest Network: Victims of sexual abuse are 3 times more likely to suffer from depression, 6 times more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, 13 times more likely to abuse alcohol, 26 times more likely to abuse drugs, 4 times more likely to contemplate suicide. http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTSD#Psychological_trauma
PTSD is commonly found in war veterans. We have all heard stories of Vietnam Vets or those coming back from the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan suffer from PTSD, some of them react to certain sounds that will transport them back to the battlefield. Some of these vets have done heinous acts.
There are woman out there who do keep their children and try to raise them. But in the end, these women either kill their children or try to abandon them in trashcans.
Demonizing women is not only very unchristian-like but it is also morally wrong. How can you call yourself a Christian and demonize women? Do you honestly think that Jesus would approve of your actions? Do you honestly think that judging others is right. We are instructed by not only Paul but by Jesus to love thy neighbor as we would love ourselves. Demonizing women who get an abortion and even demonizing the doctors who perform them is a violation of that Commandment. Try using Verstehein or walking in their shoes. Chances are you wouldn't bring yourself to do what they did. I know I couldn't. They have more strength and courage than I. And for that I admire their strength and courage.
Also, before someone wants to claim that I'm not an actual Christian based on my beliefs: Christians are commanded to follow 2 and only 2 commandments by Paul and Jesus. The first one is to love God, the second is to love thy neighbor. This is what makes up the Law, Jesus brought forth which is called the Law of Agape. In short, I follow the Law of Agape not the Mosiac Law or the Law of Prophets. Therefore I am a Christian.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:53 am
Paranormal Zombiiie The mothers health endangered one bothers me though. If I was having a baby, and the doctors told me I would die, I would die to have my baby. I know I am going to Heaven. But a child needs their mother to survive. Without the mother a child cannot survive. neutral So really by giving up your life, you're just dooming your baby.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:35 pm
gayness is a sin God says homosexuality is wrong in the bible im not gonna hate anyone for there choices ill be freinds with gayy people but i do thinks its wrong its there choice not mine..but it is wrong........abortions are wrong you are murdering a human....
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:41 pm
I HATE abortions! You're killing not only a human but an unborn baby! And has anyone thought of ADOPTION! Yeah it's out there people use it! That's what I would say to someone who would be thinking about having an abortion. AH! Just typing it makes me feel bad! burning_eyes BTW on the gay thing, God put Adam and Eve there for a reason! 3nodding
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:45 pm
xLady Tsukiyox Paranormal Zombiiie The mothers health endangered one bothers me though. If I was having a baby, and the doctors told me I would die, I would die to have my baby. I know I am going to Heaven. But a child needs their mother to survive. Without the mother a child cannot survive. neutral So really by giving up your life, you're just dooming your baby. Technically it depends on the father. If the father is strict it might be hard for he/she but dooming her/him is going a little too far.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:26 pm
My opinions on abortion
there are alot of familys who cannot have children of there own and who would love to have them which if i ever got pregnant before i could take care of a child thats what i would do
and when it comes down to the mental aspect of an abortion. like for insatance if i got pregnant young had an abortion and then in later years i got married and had children of my own who i loved i cant even comprehend the amount of pain i would feel thinking that i could have had another child completly different from my own and that child didnt even get a chance to live beacuse of me
my opinion is that in general if you make the choice to have sex and become pregnant its not about you anymore its about the child who cant make its own decisions or protect itself from yours.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 am
Hikari921 xLady Tsukiyox Paranormal Zombiiie The mothers health endangered one bothers me though. If I was having a baby, and the doctors told me I would die, I would die to have my baby. I know I am going to Heaven. But a child needs their mother to survive. Without the mother a child cannot survive. neutral So really by giving up your life, you're just dooming your baby. Technically it depends on the father. If the father is strict it might be hard for he/she but dooming her/him is going a little too far. Yes, And even if the mother dies it doesn't mean the baby will not survive at all. It has a chance to live, regardless if it's a big percentage or not. Well honestly it doesn't matter to me; The Father would probably pick the wife over the baby, and the wife will probably save the baby more than herself in most cases. It's who God chooses that matters. His will will be done, whatever we do, however we do it. smile And about Homosexuals, I believe it is a sin. I don't need to study Hebrew or Greek just for me to know the Bible. Because if the English or whatever version is not to be followed, then I believed God destroyed these translations already in order for these to stop misleading the people. The Bible we use is the Word of God, so i will not judge the Bible as a mistranslation or incomplete or too vague or a book that uses too many metaphors and parables and whatnot. Homosexuality and Abortion are prominent cases in youths today. I hope and pray that people who agree with either of these two would be convicted by the Holy Spirit. Godbless smile
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|