Welcome to Gaia! ::

Teh Music Guild

Back to Guilds

For casual listeners and musicwhores alike. 

Tags: Rock, Alternative, Bands, Musician, Discussion 

Reply [Official] Band Threads
Anti-Flag Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Anti-Flag]?
  that doesn't mean, like, anti the american flag does it?
  Right on
View Results

evilbrainbabies
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:39 pm


anti flag was once an amazing band... when i was 13. but now im 17 and realize most of there newer lyrics are just annoying. as well the singer has a horrible voice. as well some of there newer lyrics are seeming more... whiney. but thats just a personal feeling
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:04 pm


evilbrainbabies
anti flag was once an amazing band... when i was 13. but now im 17 and realize most of there newer lyrics are just annoying. as well the singer has a horrible voice. as well some of there newer lyrics are seeming more... whiney. but thats just a personal feeling


Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not done waiting for them to put out something really ground-breaking, like they used to, but there's only so much you can do when your style is based on protest and there's not much that hasn't been protested. I did go to a concert in PA a couple months ago, right after for blood and empire was released. I snuck backstage and I actually talked to Justin sane about where they might go next. I didn't get much of an answer, just that they would keep "pushing for peace in the future". But again there's only so much that can be done.

saint of swords


evilbrainbabies
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:22 pm


i say... lets start a war so i can sing about why i think we should stop fighting. lol
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:32 pm


HA!

saint of swords


xXx White Lily xXx
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:48 pm


ok I need your professional opinions.. I've decided to buy an Anti-Flag album, what one should I get?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:27 pm


One of there really old ones. Something before Mobilize.

evilbrainbabies
Crew


Socks-the-Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:33 pm


If I recall, Mobilize was the first and only CD I got from them.

Big fan of "Anatomy of Your Enemy."

I'm going to admit, I know practically nothing about our government, hence why I don't go around like, "********" I like the songs that I actually know what they're talking about and agree with.

So, question, because I'm confused. Do any of their songs talk about wanting Anarchy? I have friends who tell me yes, and tell me no.

I'm a confused child who wants to know. ninja
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:09 pm


They have a song called Captain Anarchy...

evilbrainbabies
Crew


EmaMaeda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 am


Socks: As far as I know, I don't think so. I'm not super sure, but most of their songs are about peace or wanting peace or something along those lines.

Captain Anarchy is about people who call themselves punks, but have no idea what the hell they're talking about.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:09 am


Yup. And it's a pretty stupid song to me. Then again I don't like Anti-Flag, they seriously need to sing about something else already... I liked there older stuff so much better. Plus I have a fond hatred toward Justin Sane's voice... Sounds horrible in my opinion. I can't describe it. Also when I saw them live it was just... gah! that voice screeched so much. Not to mention the band didn't even sound like they were trying.

evilbrainbabies
Crew


CyrusTheDemigod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:57 am


Great Band.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:43 am


has anyone heard anything from justin sane's solo album? It was a valient effort, but it sounded like he was reading to music. I was so disapointed.

saint of swords


evilbrainbabies
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:04 pm


my god I hate his voice... he really needs to learn to sing
Reply
[Official] Band Threads

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//