Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaias Anime Store

Back to Guilds

Gaias Anime Store 

Tags: Anime, free, manga, discuss, japanese culture 

Reply Gaias Anime Store
Any interresting Anime/Manga's out there? Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  Poll Whore <,<;
View Results


Rubai Sora


Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 am


I know this thread is dead, but I couldn't resist posting.

Manga
Tactics: Basically, it's about this guy name Kantaro who can see goblins and demons. He writes about Japanese folk lore, while on the side he helps people with their goblin/demon problems. The other main character is demon-eating goblin, Haruka. Kantaro freed him when he was dealing with a demon. I've only read the first two mangas since ADV only published them before they discontinued it. Now, TokyoPop has taken over production, so there should be more.
Suikoden III: It's basically the game in manga form. If you love the game, I recomend picking this up. If you love the manga and have a PS2, I recomend picking up the game! Enough said.
Hands Off!: It's about three boys who have psychic abilities. The first one is Kotarou Oohira. He has no clue that he or anyone else has powers. He can boost ablilities just by touch as well. The second is Tatsuki Oohira, Kotarou's cousin. He got his ablility by touching Kotarou. He can see what happened in an area in the past. Finally, there is the cassanova Yuuto Urushiyama. He can see people's auras that show what they're feeling.

Anime
Black Cat: If you read the manga, you'll love the anime. It doesn't follow the manga plot line, but there are enough similarities. It's about this Sweeper (bounty hunter) named Train Heartnet. Can't say much more since it doesn't follow the manga, and I've read more of the manga then seen the anime....
Moon Phase: Hard to discribe since I've only seen one DVD. Really good though.
BECK: It's about this band name BECK. Need I say more?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:39 pm


Tch. I recommend Vampire Knight in the manga category.

"Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, there to protect the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires."
-Vampire Knight description by OM: were manga scans are made delicious. wink

Toontastic

O.G. Member


TentenFromTheLeaf
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 am


Well I just started to read black cat, because someone told me it was a great manga and anime... and well I thought so too^^

info from the net..
The series has concluded in Japan at 20 volumes. It was also licensed for North American distribution by VIZ Media, and the English release started on March 7 2006 and is currently up to volume 11.

It was also adapted into an anime television series, directed by Shin Itagaki, which aired in Japan on the anime satellite television network Animax and the terrestrial TBS network beginning on October 6 2005 and ending on March 30 2006. It consists of 24 episodes and is produced by GONZO. The anime series was licensed for distribution in the United States by Funimation. The DVDs are being released in the UK by MVM.

Whereas only 23 episodes of the series were aired on TBS's airing of the series, the series actually consists of 24 episodes, with the 15th episode of the series, Tōzakaru Neko ( Tōzakaru Neko? A Runaway Cat), not airing on the terrestrial TBS network and instead airing exclusively in Japan on the CS network Animax. This episode was also included in the original Japanese DVDs for the series. Animax also aired this episode and all 24 episodes of the series in each of its other international networks worldwide (including dubbing and translating the series for broadcast across its English-language networks in Southeast Asia and South Asia).

Genre Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Comedy

manga-Original run 2000 – 2004
Volumes 20

Original run 6 October 2005 – 30 March 2006
Episodes 24

Light novel: Black Cat: Hoshi no Zanshou

Published October 2005
Volumes 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:33 pm


*looks back at original post she made* Huh... I knew I recomended Black Cat, but I guess it was only for the anime....

But yes, read/watch Black Cat! The anime is different from the manga in timeline wise. In the anime, Train is an eraser (assassin). But in the manga, he has already left his eraser life and became a sweeper (bounty hunter). Both versions are equally good. Nya~


Rubai Sora


Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rooxy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:34 am


cartoonXlover
Tch. I recommend Vampire Knight in the manga category.

"Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, there to protect the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires."
-Vampire Knight description by OM: were manga scans are made delicious. wink

humm... sounds like something interestng^^... I've only heard of it, but not seen or read it.. perhaps I should try it..
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:28 pm


Rooxy
cartoonXlover
Tch. I recommend Vampire Knight in the manga category.

"Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, there to protect the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires."
-Vampire Knight description by OM: were manga scans are made delicious. wink

humm... sounds like something interestng^^... I've only heard of it, but not seen or read it.. perhaps I should try it..

3nodding Indeed it does. I haven't finished the entire series though.

Oh~! Another manga series I recommend in this thread is D.Gray-man.

"D.Gray-Man is set in fictional 19th century Victorian England. This blend of horror and action follows the journey of Allen Walker, a 15 year old boy with a cursed eye and a powerful anti-akuma weapon embedded into his left arm.
"

Toontastic

O.G. Member


Gwan-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 pm


I think that taste in Anime and manga is very diffrent from person to person, and that you can only find the animes just for you if you keep looking for new series and try them out..
But anyway, here's some animes/mangas I like:

Nana about 2 girls named Nana who accedently move to tokyo at the same time on the same age. There nothing like each other, but somehow they manage to get best friends.
Sugar sugar rune Is about 2 'alien' girls that come to earth to compete each other in the dicepline of collecting most human boys hearts.. It's not a serious anime at all, but a lot of fun ^^
Lucky star Is a very cute anime about all and yet nothing. It's about 4 school students and their life, they're drawed as chibis and one of them is a huge Otako.. It's all fun to look
Reply
Gaias Anime Store

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//