Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragons Levels of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wiza

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply Outside Hogwarts
Toadstools and teacups (please feel free to join in) Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElegantSarcasm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:48 pm


Beck jumped as the girl shouted her name, nearly knocking an entire box of fireworks off the shelf which she quickly righted, bending to put back the few fireworks that had fallen to the floor. Straightening up, she flipped her long hair over her shoulder to get it out of the way and smiled. "I just did the same thing when I couldn't quite remember your name, though I dare say my exclamation was a bit softer," she said with a grin, letting the other girl know she was merely teasing. Sobering again as she recalled what the girl had told her, Beck sighed. "I'm so sorry your money bag was stolen. Is there anything I can do to help?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:06 pm



Romilda had just finished buying her school
supplies and was on her way back to the Leaky Cauldron
when she saw a colorful window display out of the
corner of her eye. 'It can't hurt,' she thought to
herself as she forced her way through the crowd and
into the shop. She glanced around, vaguely recognizing
several of the people from Hogwarts. She saw
Valentine, who was a fellow Slytherin. She
decided to introduce herself, even though she was
positive he already knew her name, having been in
the same classes all three years at school.
"Hey Valentine," she said in the friendliest voice she
could muster.

- m a c a r o n i e -


sky wire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:00 pm


"Oh, that's very nice of you," Zola answered gratefully. "I just don't know what to do in this kind of situation. I mean, can they even catch whoever it was? I honestly don't know much about the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, I guess they're a bit different from muggle police.

"I just...don't know what I'm gonna do. I guess I'll have to take out some more money - I didn't get any of my books before...it happened. I was," Zola blushed slightly, "I was observing people. I get distracted easily."
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:01 pm


((Well, as you said, the more the merrier. We should be as merry as a House Elf making Christmas dinner, then. ^__^ ))

Persephone Reynolds stepped out of the store, and into the warm sunshine, and then was soon followed by her mother and father. All three of them were smiling and laughing, and each had at least one parcel in hand. As their laughter subsided, her father put his arms around the ladies' shoulders. "Sheila, our little girl will be leaving us soon. Two more years, and she'll have graduated, and gone back to that school. We'll never see her." He wiped mock tears from his eyes.

"Oh, Jacob, you're right! I hardly realized it." Persephone's mother sighed. "And then it'll just be us in that big old house. All alone..."

"Just us, huh?" Her father waggled his eyebrows, and leaned in to nibble on his wife's ear. She giggled shrilly, and pushed him away.

"Mom! Dad! Not in public!" Persephone laughed, and ducked out from her father's arm, clearly trying to act as if she was not related in anyway to the grown up couple who were acting like teenagers. She grinned at her parents, as her father tried to sneak a kiss, while her mother giggled and pushed him away. She had never seen a happier couple. Sure, they had their fights, but at the end of the day, they still loved each other as much as they did on their wedding day, nearly twenty years ago.

Just behind them, though, something caught her eye. A tacky sign of a store that she had only been in once, just before beginning her third year, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. She had remembered that the first few months of her third year were quite eventful, thanks to the things she had spent nearly 50 Galleons on in total in that store.

"Hey! HEY!" She shouted to get her parent's attention, and her mother glanced over at her. Her father chose that moment to lean in and peck his wife's cheek, and then glanced over at 'his little girl'. "I'm going to spend some time in that joke shop, right there, okay? I'll meet you guys at the ice cream parlor down the way in a while." They both nodded, and Persephone smiled at her parents and walked past them.

She stopped in the doorway, her hand on the knob, and turned back. Her parents had already turned away, and had already begun walking to the ice cream parlor, hand in hand. She smiled, and pulled the door open, and was once more inside the dim, unnatural light of another store. This store, however, would be more fun than most.

Indefinitive


sky wire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:54 pm


Feeling a bit more calmed by Beck's kindness, Zola turned towards the door at the little jingle announcing a new potential customer. In walked yet another Hogwarts student - was there anyone in this store who wasn't about to board the Hogwarts Express? - who, Zola knew, was in her year. Gryffindor, Zola thought, though of course the name escaped her. She really had to work on remembering peoples' names. When the girl turned and saw her, Zola smiled and promised herself she wouldn't shout the girl's name once she remembered it.

"Hi there," she said politely. "How was your summer?"
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:19 pm


Looking up his green-gold eyes flickered for a moment as he studied Romilda before biting back a sigh. All summer he'd been happy that he hadn't run into any of his house mates and now, here was one. "Hello, Romilda." he said directing his gaze back to the small jingling box in his hands. He could very well use these later on. If he did have them later on. "How was your summer?" he was trying to remain as polite as he possibly could without letting his irritation show through his voice.

MxMischief

Beloved Nymph


ElegantSarcasm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:21 pm


"Hmm..." Beck mused, looking at Zola thoughtfully as she tugged absently on a lock of hair. "I don't know all that much about Magical Law Enforcement, either. Never really had an opportunity to find out, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it...anyway, maybe one of the shop owners would know what you can do?" Shrugging at the half-hearted suggestion (she really had no idea what to do) as her thoughts still focused on the intricacies of wizarding law enforcement, Beck didn't notice the newcomer until Zola had greeted her.

Pulled out of her musings, Beckett glanced up at the girl and smiled, finally seeing a face she was more than casually aquainted with. 'It's about time I've run into a Gryffindor. I was beginning to wonder where we'd all gone.'

"Huzzah, a fellow Gryffindor." She grinned. "Hey, Persephone," Beck said warmly in greeting.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 pm


Persephone! Zola triumphantly cried in her mind. Smiling at her proud achievement, turned about to Beck.

"I feel a little outnumbered here. We've got Gryffindors, I see a couple of Slytherins over there, but no other Ravenclaws. Well, I doubt anyone in my house would normally be caught in my kind of predicament, anyway. Probably spent all of break buying up every possible book they could ever even think of using for the school year." Zola grinned blithely.

sky wire


Bright-Eyed Night

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:37 pm


[[I hope you don't mind that I join you.]]

"Ooh, Mum, look at that store!" Rhealine pointed at the brightly colored, flashing shop of Wheezes.
Ms. Alder groaned and plopped her head into the mountain of robes, books, and school supplies that she was carrying. "There was a reason I never let you near that place last year. Ms. Kents warned me about that store..." She continued to mumble into her luggage as she followed her bouncing daughter into the shop. "Hufflepuffs shouldn't get this excited about pranks...no, they're supposed to be nice, quiet people..." She scowled into her shopping bags.

Rhealine gasped in awe as her eyes roamed over the exploding, squeaking, spinning products. "I've officially died and gone to heaven." She murmured happily as she inspected a stack of boxes on the shelf. “Edible Dark Marks, Skiving Snackboxes…wow, the owner of this shop must be a genius.” She grinned when she spotted the fireworks. I wonder if I should buy some of these to set off for mum,she mused. Rhealine peeked at a frazzled Ms. Alder from the shelf. On second thought…nah.

Humming merrily, she turned to look at something else.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:02 am



"Fairly decent," she said with a fake smile
plastered onto her face. "Went to Spain with
mum and dad for a few weeks," she said trying to
keep the boy's attention. "How was your break?" she
asked.

- m a c a r o n i e -


MxMischief

Beloved Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:52 am


"Me and Isa went back to Romania for a while. Recently got back actually." he said quietly flicking his hair over his shoulder. Setting the box back on the shelf he sighed mentally, his mood for the time was ruined. "You know, Romilda...you shouldn't force a smile." There were few Slytherins he could actually stand being around and actually like it. Too many of them thought they were high and mighty and to put it frankly...he hated it.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:19 am


"Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure something like this could happen to anyone, Zola, even people in Ravenclaw. It's not like it's easy to avoid people around here, especially when the school term's about to start. This place turns into a madhouse." Beck paused for a second, thinking.

"That's too bad you haven't bought your books yet, though. If it would help, I've still got a lot of my books from last year if you want to borrow them. Some of them could be outdated, but most of them are still required..." Beck left her sentence hanging, unsure of what else to say. Suddenly, a thought came to her. "Hey, there's got to be witnesses that saw whoever it was that took your money. Maybe someone could help identify them? Is there anyway to tell that the bag is yours?"

ElegantSarcasm


sky wire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:13 am


Zola's smile widened - thank goodness she'd found someone who could actually think! Even now, calmed down, Zola's mind was still in shambles. "Beck that's - that's awfully kind of you," she said. "I would really owe you one if you lent me your old books for the year. Really, I would.

"But as for a witness - well, I was a little distracted at the time," she mumbled, abashed still at her role in the event. "I don't think anyone near me noticed it happening - or if they did, there's no way I could find them. It'd be as hard as finding the thief." Zola sighed. "I think I can spare a little more money from Gringotts, as long as I'm very frugal during the year, I'll be able to manage. I'll have to write home to Mum - and perhaps my grandfather will help out," Zola thought to herself, adding under her breath, "after all, he is partly responsible."
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:15 am


((Hm, before I jump back in...where are we-location wise-sorry, I'm being lazy and dont want to read.))

Son-of-a-Deatheater


MxMischief

Beloved Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:30 am


[[ I do believe everyone's in the Weasley's store. ]]
Reply
Outside Hogwarts

Goto Page: [|«] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//