Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Transformers Guild

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: Transformers, Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons 

Reply Starscream's Ramblings (Non Transfomers Discussion and Word Games)
Non-Transformer GD topic. Goto Page: [|«] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DevilsLight
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:16 am


Kikaryu
I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. Okay, I have a wireless G network. My computer will once in a while quickly disconnect from it and then quickly re-connect. I don't know if it's because my wall is screwing up the signal or if having the intenna on the back of my computer is the problem. Anyone else have a similar problem or would have any suggestions question


Is it from D-Link? I got that router and it doesn't like my MSN crying it keep d/cing me every few mins and it's driving my friends mad on the other end because I keep popping up and down like pop tarts in a toaster. I think it might be the firewall built into the router or the router is rebooting itself. There is a firmware out there for you to install into your router though. It helps a little but not a lot in my opinion :S

*if anyone else has this problem or can give me and Kikaryu some insight please do reply gonk I don't wanna be a pop tart gonk
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:41 pm


DevilsLight
Kikaryu
I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. Okay, I have a wireless G network. My computer will once in a while quickly disconnect from it and then quickly re-connect. I don't know if it's because my wall is screwing up the signal or if having the intenna on the back of my computer is the problem. Anyone else have a similar problem or would have any suggestions question


Is it from D-Link? I got that router and it doesn't like my MSN crying it keep d/cing me every few mins and it's driving my friends mad on the other end because I keep popping up and down like pop tarts in a toaster. I think it might be the firewall built into the router or the router is rebooting itself. There is a firmware out there for you to install into your router though. It helps a little but not a lot in my opinion :S

*if anyone else has this problem or can give me and Kikaryu some insight please do reply gonk I don't wanna be a pop tart gonk


Well, I bought something called a "Cantenna" which can be found at "Cantenna.com" it hasn't completely solved the problem, but it does help quite a bit....

KnightFourteen
Crew


DevilsLight
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:27 pm


Kikaryu
DevilsLight
Kikaryu
I have a question maybe someone can help me out with. Okay, I have a wireless G network. My computer will once in a while quickly disconnect from it and then quickly re-connect. I don't know if it's because my wall is screwing up the signal or if having the intenna on the back of my computer is the problem. Anyone else have a similar problem or would have any suggestions question


Is it from D-Link? I got that router and it doesn't like my MSN crying it keep d/cing me every few mins and it's driving my friends mad on the other end because I keep popping up and down like pop tarts in a toaster. I think it might be the firewall built into the router or the router is rebooting itself. There is a firmware out there for you to install into your router though. It helps a little but not a lot in my opinion :S

*if anyone else has this problem or can give me and Kikaryu some insight please do reply gonk I don't wanna be a pop tart gonk


Well, I bought something called a "Cantenna" which can be found at "Cantenna.com" it hasn't completely solved the problem, but it does help quite a bit....


I finally stopped my msn from being a tart lol.

This is what I did hope it works for you. Turn off the broadcast option for SSID. I think what happen is that when SSID is broadcasted everyone who has wireless can detect your connection and tries to get in. Every time it tries to enter your router perceives it as an intrusion and thus does it's job to block it. However, every time it "blocks" it, it takes out all the ports and MSN is running on a port so to ensure your connection's safety it shut everything down. Thus taking down MSN with it. Of course once it blocks the intrusion it reactivates and then MSN auto login again.

I concluded this because something was wrong. It's abnormal to have your MSN knocked out without you connection being knocked out. So I tested it by taking out the SSID because I went to a "leak test" site to see if my comp was being hacked and found that my router will adapt to any attacker and closes ports to the attacks. Anyway after I took down the broadcast I no longer bounced up and down. So do try it smile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:50 am


Hey, where has everyone been the last few days, it's not ofthen this place is so slow.

Recca Hino
Captain

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50

Cudboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:20 pm


It's funny, but I don't think I've ever even bothered to check this thread out before... Guess I really am a Transformers obsessive! sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:25 am


I meant the guild in general, not this thread. ^^; I guess the new blood I was unknowingly holding back was just what we needed.

Recca Hino
Captain

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50

Cudboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:58 am


Oh, I realize that, I was just saying, is all. biggrin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:07 pm


Yeah, the more the members, the more active the guild. sweatdrop I also, btw, didn't realize where they moved the people's requests to join the guild, and so yeah, but it's a good thing you (Recca Hino) found it.

KnightFourteen
Crew


Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:35 pm


There is also a new forum for the crew to discuss stuff. Only the crew can see what's on it.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:44 pm


I know... I tried to sneek a peak last night, to no avail. sweatdrop

Cudboy


Recca Hino
Captain

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:34 pm


Yes, I just made sure of that with BLT, she's my only non-crew accont.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:02 pm


Hi Bobby,

Bobby Lauren Taylor
There is also a new forum for the crew to discuss stuff. Only the crew can see what's on it.


ACK, I missed you AGAIN!


Sonia gonk


slai

Crew


KnightFourteen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:52 pm


Sorry yet again for not being on Gaia often. I had Jury Duty, but it's over now.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:10 am


Kikaryu
Sorry yet again for not being on Gaia often. I had Jury Duty, but it's over now.


Jury duty??? What kind of case were you jury for??? I don't think you're in Canada so telling me should be ok hehehe.

DevilsLight
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100

KnightFourteen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:07 pm


DevilsLight
Kikaryu
Sorry yet again for not being on Gaia often. I had Jury Duty, but it's over now.


Jury duty??? What kind of case were you jury for??? I don't think you're in Canada so telling me should be ok hehehe.
Well, luckily I didn't get put on a Jury. They have a system that you call the courthouse every day for whatever week the summons says, and if they say go to the courthouse, you go the following day. Then while there, they randomly call names for whatever case comes up. So, there's a chance you won't even have to go on a Jury. So I didn't get called, and it's still considered as if I served. So, now they can't call me in to serve until another year. Also, it's possible I won't get another summons for several years, it's kind of random, even though I had to go two years in a row.
Reply
Starscream's Ramblings (Non Transfomers Discussion and Word Games)

Goto Page: [|«] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//