Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's So Very Special - The unofficial Radiohead Guild

Back to Guilds

 

 

Reply It's So Very Special - The Unofficial Radiohead Guild
Exit Music (For a Film) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:57 pm


So yeah.
We're doing a Romeo and Juliet unit in English, and we're watching the movie whose ending credit music is that song, (and another version that touched York, see the quote below).

Now I'm not looking for a song discussion, because I hold this song dear to my heart and I refuse to let in any one else's opinions (and plus, I don't think theres much of a deep meaning to this song that isn't completely obvious).
I've got a video that someone on you-tube made of the song, and I wanted to post it to you.
I kinda liked it, especially since it made Thom cry..
thom yorke
"I saw the Zeffirelli version when I was 13 and I cried my eyes out, because I couldn't understand why, the morning after they shagged, they didn't just run away. The song is written for two people who should run away before all the bad stuff starts. A personal song."


well anyways, heres the link:
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMqXj-eVCjI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:49 pm


I like the video, it made me want to listen to Let Down haha

Neovenator
Vice Captain


Valron Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:19 pm


yeh we watched it in my english class once too....i was acting a complete fan boy everytime the guitar part for talk show host came on and at the credits i was all excited to listen to the song in class even tho id heard it millions of times at home
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:09 pm


yeahhhh

i was being such a fangirl
its terrible though, no one in my class knows them sweatdrop crying


so i looked pretty stupid being like RADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEAD
and no one listened
so i repeated myself a couple of times
until i realised no one cared... sweatdrop sweatdrop


hahha

__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__


Valron Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:43 am


haha yeh i was the only one of my classmates that got excited over the radiohead stuff, but strangely enough, my teacher was all getting into the radiohead songs when the came on, so i asked him about it after the class one day, turns out hes a big fan of radiohead too lol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:39 pm


That song is the song i would play if i killed myself. And i don't mean that in a pissy emo way, I just dont know how else to describe it

Chimera_Doll


__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:13 pm


thats the kind of song I play when I pretend I'm in love.
<33

its so beautiful.

@valron: chyeah, no one, at all, knew who radiohead was, except my friends who I'd always be like OMFGILOOOVERADIOHEAD to. actually, theonly other fan in the whole school, i think, would be dan.. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:19 pm


This song does seem like a suitable final song to die to.

But dying to "We hope that you choke," isn't exactly my way to go.

Neovenator
Vice Captain


Valron Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:59 pm


id say a good radiohead song to die to would be motion picture soundtrack coz of the line "i will see you in the next life"

i think ill have that played at my funeral whenever that is
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:33 pm


Valron Seth
yeh we watched it in my english class once too....i was acting a complete fan boy everytime the guitar part for talk show host came on and at the credits i was all excited to listen to the song in class even tho id heard it millions of times at home


Same here man, except I had no idea the song was going to be in it. A pleasant suprise. ^_^

highopacity


Neovenator
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:13 pm


Better dying to Motion Picture Soundtrack than to Street Spirit

Actually the song I'd love to die to is I Am The Resurrection by The Stone Roses biggrin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:04 pm


hmm.

i can't think of what i'd want to die to.
maybe a zeppelin song.

__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__


rockerpixie

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:59 pm


That song is one of my favorites of all time. heart heart heart
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:27 am


my english teacher wouldn't let the end credits roll. i was pissed.

[ASTROnaut Roland]


__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:42 pm


thats pretty fuggin lame man.
i'd be like, "AY b***h! LEMME SEE THEM CREDITS! D<"
Reply
It's So Very Special - The Unofficial Radiohead Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games
//
//

// //

Have an account? Login Now!

//
//