|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:06 pm
For the past week or so, I've been gone on a little vacation of sorts. It was really to go to an orientation thing at my new college, but I left early to see the sights along the way. The Sleeping Bear sand dunes, Hartwick Pines national park; you know, mostly nature-y stuff.
Out of all the places I stopped, there were maybe two that didn't contain loud, annoying children. gonk And more often than not, the parents were just as loud. I'm amazed I ever saw any wildlife at all in the woods, what with the constant complaints of "I'm tiiiired! It's hot! Carry meee!" cropping up around every corner. stressed
And it wasn't entirely nature. I stopped at the "world famous" Mystery Spot which, if you've never heard of it, (despite the claim to fame xp ), is a small patch of land where physics doesn't seem to work right. It really was pretty weird, and kinda interesting, and would have been much more so if not for the damn children. It's bad enough there were a freaking flock of them, but this one little b*****d kept yelling out "It's my turn!" after every person tried out one of the weird things. His father would tell him to sit down and let other people try, but the brat only listened about 20% of the time. confused
Then there was the Paulding Light. There's supposedly an abandoned road out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan's upper peninsula that's haunted. When I got there, I waited for awhile while the sun began to set, and this little puke on an ATV starts riding towards us along the road, kicking up dust everywhere, and obscuring the view. He drives by us without even looking at us, and disappears off in the other direction...only to come BACK about 15 minutes later and drive back down the way he came! stressed He started coming back about an hour later on a moped (who the hell buys a 9-10 year old a ******** moped?!), but by that time there were enough people gathered that he backed off. I was going to chuck a rock at the little ******** if he tried that again, and it was heartening to hear other people saying the same thing as he showed up in the distance.
So that's where I've been for this past disappointing week. Feel free to share any stories you have about vacations ruined (wholly or partially) by noisy, a*****e-ish kids.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:37 am
Man that bites I know exactly what you are talking about. When I go camping I have to make it into a backpacking expidition over very difficult terrain to get away from the little ********.... but I cannot ever seem to get away from infants. No the parents have to bring the little shits wherever they go stressed Even if it is a 6 mile treck with a 2000 vertical foot gain they strap the baby to their chest and hike stressed I mean seriously I cannot escape infants what is even worse once you get into the valleys you can hear the cooing a mile away... and you can always hear the little s**t scream.... scream GODDAMN BREEDERS AND RUINING NATURE!!!
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:51 pm
I just came back from a two day college orientation trip. It sucked. gonk Luckily, I avoided the little kiddies though. Any place that can be a tourist spot is bound to attract parents with whiney kids. I've never heard of that "world famous" mystery spot actually, but it sounds interesting.....That one kid was just ASKING to have somebody old enough to drive take one of their REAL vehicles and ram him head on.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:29 am
bluecherry I just came back from a two day college orientation trip. It sucked. gonk Luckily, I avoided the little kiddies though. Any place that can be a tourist spot is bound to attract parents with whiney kids. I've never heard of that "world famous" mystery spot actually, but it sounds interesting.....That one kid was just ASKING to have somebody old enough to drive take one of their REAL vehicles and ram him head on. It is annoying...... especially when they treat you like s**t because they are poor.... mad "My parents are richer than you because they are older than you" ....... and then the adults treat you like a kid because you are a kid..... as they drive up to the top of pikes peak in their trailer pretneding like they are so accomplished.... sad I would not say it if it weren't true.... or with their fancy stoves... and they get all pissy when glare at them for taking too long at the water pump..... sweatdrop I stop.... the only funny thing is when I refuse use of my Fire mrgreen cause they can't start a fire worth a damn...
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:50 pm
I went camping for a week last year with my husbands family, and his sister brought her 'darling' 1 year old. Let's just say that for the mackinaw bridge walk I was probably a mile in front of them and I could still hear him screaming. This year will be better because she's due in September and can't go, but next year I think that I will let my husband go alone. I am not dealing with two of her spawn if I can at all help it.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:56 pm
Three words. Hotel Hot tub.
...I don't think I need to say more.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:05 pm
OliviaOblivia I went camping for a week last year with my husbands family, and his sister brought her 'darling' 1 year old. Let's just say that for the mackinaw bridge walk I was probably a mile in front of them and I could still hear him screaming. This year will be better because she's due in September and can't go, but next year I think that I will let my husband go alone. I am not dealing with two of her spawn if I can at all help it. I didn't think they let people walk across the Mackinaw bridge. Of course, they seem to be painting it half the time, so maybe that's why I thought so. xp
I'm very sorry that such a wonderful view had to be ruined by a screaming child though. sad
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:38 am
OliviaOblivia I went camping for a week last year with my husbands family, and his sister brought her 'darling' 1 year old. Let's just say that for the mackinaw bridge walk I was probably a mile in front of them and I could still hear him screaming. This year will be better because she's due in September and can't go, but next year I think that I will let my husband go alone. I am not dealing with two of her spawn if I can at all help it. That is not nice to do to your hubby..... neutral haru in a can Three words. Hotel Hot tub. ...I don't think I need to say more. sweatdrop I have had some bad experiences there..... I really with they did not put the pool so close to the hottub.... and brats knew that you do not Cannon Ball into the hottub... stare and parents know that you do not encourage them to do it when other people are in there..
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:22 am
XenoReiji OliviaOblivia I went camping for a week last year with my husbands family, and his sister brought her 'darling' 1 year old. Let's just say that for the mackinaw bridge walk I was probably a mile in front of them and I could still hear him screaming. This year will be better because she's due in September and can't go, but next year I think that I will let my husband go alone. I am not dealing with two of her spawn if I can at all help it. That is not nice to do to your hubby..... neutral haru in a can Three words. Hotel Hot tub. ...I don't think I need to say more. sweatdrop I have had some bad experiences there..... I really with they did not put the pool so close to the hottub.... and brats knew that you do not Cannon Ball into the hottub... stare and parents know that you do not encourage them to do it when other people are in there.. I don't have to be nice to my hubby all the time, especially where his evil sister is concerned. Also, hotel hot tubs should be a relaxing experience. There is nothing worse than sitting in the hot tub and getting pelted with the freezing cold water from the nearby pool.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:41 pm
OliviaOblivia XenoReiji OliviaOblivia I went camping for a week last year with my husbands family, and his sister brought her 'darling' 1 year old. Let's just say that for the mackinaw bridge walk I was probably a mile in front of them and I could still hear him screaming. This year will be better because she's due in September and can't go, but next year I think that I will let my husband go alone. I am not dealing with two of her spawn if I can at all help it. That is not nice to do to your hubby..... neutral haru in a can Three words. Hotel Hot tub. ...I don't think I need to say more. sweatdrop I have had some bad experiences there..... I really with they did not put the pool so close to the hottub.... and brats knew that you do not Cannon Ball into the hottub... stare and parents know that you do not encourage them to do it when other people are in there.. I don't have to be nice to my hubby all the time, especially where his evil sister is concerned. Also, hotel hot tubs should be a relaxing experience. There is nothing worse than sitting in the hot tub and getting pelted with the freezing cold water from the nearby pool. mrgreen True what is the point of having a spouse anyway? To love and cherish them? Kind of... but to make their lives miserable at your pleasure twisted that is marrige in its purest form. ~Sarcasm and truth combined~
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:03 am
That is true. If I didn't have my hubby around to make miserable I'd go insane.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:00 pm
XenoReiji mrgreen True what is the point of having a spouse anyway? To love and cherish them? Kind of... but to make their lives miserable at your pleasure twisted that is marrige in its purest form. ~Sarcasm and truth combined~ You have this way of making things sound absolutely sucky with no chance of being reframed in a positive way. You should open a school to teach people how to do it. 3nodding
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:10 pm
sybex Shark XenoReiji mrgreen True what is the point of having a spouse anyway? To love and cherish them? Kind of... but to make their lives miserable at your pleasure twisted that is marrige in its purest form. ~Sarcasm and truth combined~ You have this way of making things sound absolutely sucky with no chance of being reframed in a positive way. You should open a school to teach people how to do it. 3nodding That might be a good idea... but I think if you are major pessimist then you can do it fairly easily.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:21 am
pssht! you can't teach a skill like that, you've got to guard it jealously, keep it all to yourself, for when less people have it, you've got more people to use it on.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:39 am
Soulwreckage Then there was the Paulding Light. There's supposedly an abandoned road out in the middle of nowhere in Michigan's upper peninsula that's haunted. When I got there, I waited for awhile while the sun began to set, and this little puke on an ATV starts riding towards us along the road, kicking up dust everywhere, and obscuring the view. He drives by us without even looking at us, and disappears off in the other direction...only to come BACK about 15 minutes later and drive back down the way he came! stressed He started coming back about an hour later on a moped (who the hell buys a 9-10 year old a ******** moped?!), but by that time there were enough people gathered that he backed off. I was going to chuck a rock at the little ******** if he tried that again, and it was heartening to hear other people saying the same thing as he showed up in the distance.I've been there, and while it was kind of cool, it was ruined by people with the relative intellect of a 4 year old. They honestly couldn't shut up for 5 seconds and look at the bloody light that went from "off in the distance" to "holy s**t it's like 2 feet away!" in 5 minutes. Argue about whether it's real and what stupid cobbled-together-from-five-fluffbunny-wiccan-books "religon" you subscribe to later, when you're in your car! Never been to the "mystery spot", though. I hear it's just a big tourist trap.
|
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|